tajh

Lizard King

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've always said you don't win the Super Bowl without an above average or great QB. On this roster today we don't have one and it is not even close. Vick will be injured and Geno will be your QB all year. NTWIT blew it when he did not sign Mccown and let Tampa Bay take him away. So whatever we did in this draft will not get us to the Super Bowl. You only draft a QB because he is your sons teammate. Not good. Their were other QBS in this draft at least you could develop.

Yup pro days are the most telling things. Not even sure why they play games. They should just roll these kids out in shorts and have them do drills every February.

Yeah yeah, I get it. I agree that the game tells us the most, but if they are running pro days and making them all go through these arbitrary measuring games, can't help be see them.

Yeah yeah, I get it. I agree that the game tells us the most, but if they are running pro days and making them all go through these arbitrary measuring games, can't help be see them.

I don't know, I think he's going to be a very good pro QB. That workout was such an anomaly, do you think it was the bigger football?

The real travesty, in my opinion. Wasn't picking Boyd. It was passing on Manziel.

I really like Pryor. A lot. I like Boyd. A little.

I'm kinda forcing myself to be happy, though, because I really believe manziel is way way way better than both Vick and smith. I thought it was gonna happen.

As it stands right now, we don't have a decent QB this year, or going forward.

All we have is three, athletic, 50 percenters.

They are going ape sh*t at Taj Boyd's house right now.  Its like he was picked #1 in the entire draft.  I think they know he has a really really really really good chance to be the future QB

of The New York Jets.  After all, Eugene is not in his class.  Boyd isn't the smoothest QB but has interesting intangibles. I think damn near 75% of the available QB's in this draft would beat Eugene out easily. 

I hereby declare Idzik and  an idiot for picking Eugene in round 2 last year. There was no need to grab an overrated QB last year when this years lot was so deep.  Manziel was there for the taking and Idzik let him slip right through our fingers. Could have traded Eugene for a 2019 7th round pick and taken Johnnie or Jimmy.  In fact I think Belicheat took Jimmy just to keep him away from us. Regardless, Boyd will unseat Eugene sooner rather than later.     

Holy crap.

This reeks of Rex influenced Tanny Idzik pick.

This is the Scotty McKnight player of this draft.

Yeah, and aren't you glad it was our 3rd comp pick and 4th total pick in round 6?

Oh wait, that probably doesn't fit the outrage narrative. It's quite a bit different letting Rex get 1/12 picks at the end of the draft, rather than giving Rex 1/4 draft picks after you've trade away all your other picks for garbage.

Yeah, and aren't you glad it was our 3rd comp pick and 4th total pick in round 6?

Oh wait, that probably doesn't fit the outrage narrative. It's quite a bit different letting Rex get 1/12 picks at the end of the draft, rather than giving Rex 1/4 draft picks after you've trade away all your other picks for garbage.

I never like to waste picks. You are implicitly agreeing its a wasted pick.

I never like to waste picks. You are implicitly agreeing its a wasted pick.

No, I'm implying that it's using the pick to take a player that the coach has lobbied for... why do Jets fans act as if NO other coach in the league has every lobbied for a player? The silver lining for know-it-all fans is that it's a low value pick to concede to the coaches request. Harmless really. Whoever we took there is a long-shot and needs to be developed. 

No, I'm implying that it's using the pick to take a player that the coach has lobbied for... why do Jets fans act as if NO other coach in the league has every lobbied for a player? The silver lining for know-it-all fans is that it's a low value pick to concede to the coaches request. Harmless really. Whoever we took there is a long-shot and needs to be developed. 

I wish the HC would lobby for someone useful. Otherwise its a wasted pick.

I don't know, I think he's going to be a very good pro QB. That workout was such an anomaly, do you think it was the bigger football?

I don't know if you are joking or not.. but I saw those reports too. They then said it was him going without his usual gloves. According to Gruden, the gloves helped at his camp, but he still made some gross mistakes in accuracy. 

Not trying to argue, cause I don't deem myself an expert. I am just a fan. I think Boyd is a good pick up, especially as a 6th rounder. I don't see the gap between him and Bridgewater being insurmountable. Supposedly this draft was soft in the QB department despite the big names we know. I just don't think that Bridgewater is a lock, in the NFL, that can be guaranteed to be that much better than Boyd. 

Not a bad pick if he becomes the next brad smith, just stating rex is still the main guy

on most of the picks, I do think Rex / Idzik is a good combo, all 12 picks have a chance

to make the team, maybe 2 out of 3 wide receivers, unless they keep 6.

That next Brad Smith? Hes the slowest QB on the team

I don't know if you are joking or not.. but I saw those reports too. They then said it was him going without his usual gloves. According to Gruden, the gloves helped at his camp, but he still made some gross mistakes in accuracy. 

Not trying to argue, cause I don't deem myself an expert. I am just a fan. I think Boyd is a good pick up, especially as a 6th rounder. I don't see the gap between him and Bridgewater being insurmountable. Supposedly this draft was soft in the QB department despite the big names we know. I just don't think that Bridgewater is a lock, in the NFL, that can be guaranteed to be that much better than Boyd. 

No, I was honestly asking. There have been people that have said it was the change in football size.

No, I was honestly asking. There have been people that have said it was the change in football size.

Oh, OK. Yeah, like I said I saw those reports too. Bridgewater and Gruden said it was him performing without gloves which made him uncomfortable. But Gruden said he was still inaccurate at his camp. I don't really buy the ball size stuff though. 

you know t crusher Im fine with the kid where we drafted him what Im not fine with is that we had 3 4th round picks that we could have used to bargain onto the second and third rounds and we sat on them. So we got 12 guys instead of 10 or 9 big freakin deal. We could have worked deals to Get Lee and Amaro and we would have been just fine on offense. Either idzik has no balls or no one to reach out to to make sh*t happen. I think the players we picked early could be very good players but I still think this draft was handled poorly from the perspective I mentioned above

Yeah maybe. Maybe not. Take some time to truly know. I do believe this draft makes us a better team. See some glaring holes filled with young homegrown talent. I'm still feeling light headed from watching the Jets draft so many pass catchers.

Yup pro days are the most telling things. Not even sure why they play games. They should just roll these kids out in shorts and have them do drills every February.

When pro days go well, they're complete non-stories that should have no impact on the draft. But when a choreographed talent display goes very wrong, that is -and should be- a significant red flag.

Also, the whole "Rex pick" thing is silly. If Idzik wanted another (better?) QB, there was nothing stopping him from taking him in any round. He didn't. Bottom line is that Idzik was obviously very comfortable going into this season with Geno and Vick at the game's most important position. Without Rex's lobbying (if it happened), he may not've taken a QB at all. But it's ridiculous to think that Rex's love for his kid's college QB led Idzik to pass on other QBs. He just didn't want them.

When pro days go well, they're complete non-stories that should have no impact on the draft. But when a choreographed talent display goes very wrong, that is -and should be- a significant red flag.

Also, the whole "Rex pick" thing is silly. If Idzik wanted another (better?) QB, there was nothing stopping him from taking him in any round. He didn't. Bottom line is that Idzik was obviously very comfortable going into this season with Geno and Vick at the game's most important position. Without Rex's lobbying (if it happened), he may not've taken a QB at all. But it's ridiculous to think that Rex's love for his kid's college QB led Idzik to pass on other QBs. He just didn't want them.

I could see it being an issue with a lesser prospect, but when years of game film tell you one thing and one off-season session in shorts says another, you've got to figure which one is the outlier.

Don't know why you tacked the Rex pick thing onto my response.

I could see it being an issue with a lesser prospect, but when years of game film tell you one thing and one off-season session in shorts says another, you've got to figure which one is the outlier.

Don't know why you tacked the Rex pick thing onto my response.

My intention was to have just one post in this thread, but now you've gone and messed that all up.

Draft visits tell the whole story. They brought in only 3 developmental type QB prospects and had a disproportionate amount of visits on WRs, CBs, Safeties and TEs. Not really surprising that most of our positions drafted were in those areas. Based on the methodical way this FO approaches things, it's pretty evident that they weren't going to suddenly draft Manziel or Bridgewater just because they were available at 18. They knowingly passed on them. Also, based on their comments, I think they did want Lee in the 2nd and wanted to trade down in the 1st. Once Lee was gone, there pretty much wasn't a huge gap in player evaluation grouping to want to trade up.

Also, the "Rex Pick" did happen again, just watch their press conference for Day 3 where Rex admitted as much. Still, Taj Boyd for the last pick in the 6th doesn't really bother me. He does throw a nice deep ball, he just lost all semblance of accuracy during the offseason. If he sucks, just cut him, no biggie. There really wasn't many players at that point where I feel we missed out on a prospect.

Overall, just happy they didn't overdraft Boyd or make a stupid trade up early in the draft. Hopefully, we get good starters out of this draft.

I wish the HC would lobby for someone useful. Otherwise its a wasted pick.

LOL

Just so you know WalterFootball.com had him projected as a 3-5 round pick

NFL.com  had him as a 4-5

Ourlads had him as a 4-5

CBS/Draftscout had him as a 5-7

He was taken with the 3rd comp pick in the 6th round.  Sounds like excellent value

LOL

Just so you know WalterFootball.com had him projected as a 3-5 round pick

NFL.com  had him as a 4-5

Ourlads had him as a 4-5

CBS/Draftscout had him as a 5-7

He was taken with the 3rd comp pick in the 6th round.  Sounds like excellent value

You made my day. Here i was fretting over all the reaches we had starting from the 3rd round.

They are going ape sh*t at Taj Boyd's house right now.  Its like he was picked #1 in the entire draft.  I think they know he has a really really really really good chance to be the future QB

of The New York Jets.  After all, Eugene is not in his class.  Boyd isn't the smoothest QB but has interesting intangibles. I think damn near 75% of the available QB's in this draft would beat Eugene out easily. 

I hereby declare Idzik and  an idiot for picking Eugene in round 2 last year. There was no need to grab an overrated QB last year when this years lot was so deep.  Manziel was there for the taking and Idzik let him slip right through our fingers. Could have traded Eugene for a 2019 7th round pick and taken Johnnie or Jimmy.  In fact I think Belicheat took Jimmy just to keep him away from us. Regardless, Boyd will unseat Eugene sooner rather than later.

Have an open mind about Boyd.

And yes, Idzik was foolish to take Smith last year. They don't think he's worth a damn or Vick isn't here. Basically they beat 3 tomato cans in December and they start talking up Smith as something special; don;t buy it.

I've always said you don't win the Super Bowl without an above average or great QB. On this roster today we don't have one and it is not even close. Vick will be injured and Geno will be your QB all year. NTWIT blew it when he did not sign Mccown and let Tampa Bay take him away. So whatever we did in this draft will not get us to the Super Bowl. You only draft a QB because he is your sons teammate. Not good. Their were other QBS in this draft at least you could develop.

Morhinweg liked Foles.

Morhinweg likes Geno.

Archived