Law was a problem for Coaches

mudcat21

Looks like the Master Motivator had special rules for Law.

ABOVE THE LAW: One of the most compelling figures in the Jets' season was cornerback Ty Law, the ballyhooed free-agent signing who intercepted a career-high 10 passes and made the Pro Bowl. But his sterling performance on the field was only one side of the story.

Turns out that Law was a major headache for the coaches. Apparently, he operated under the Ty Law Rules.

According to multiple sources, Law rarely practiced on Wednesdays, played overweight, argued with the strength-and-conditioning staff and hurt team chemistry with his attitude. His seat in the defensive meeting room was changed because the coaches didn't want him sitting next to promising rookie cornerback Justin Miller, said one source, claiming Law was a poor influence.

Law also wasn't required to attend Monday meetings, as per an agreement with Herm Edwards. Center Pete Kendall also had the same arrangement.

Edwards claimed Law wasn't a negative influence, adding that Law took a more active leadership role as the season progressed. But a person with knowledge of the situation said Law was "impossible" to handle. One player rolled his eyes when asked about Law's impact.

Asked if he provided leadership to the young players, Law said, "I gave what I am. I gave Ty Law."

Law also wasn't required to attend Monday meetings, as per an agreement with Herm Edwards. Center Pete Kendall also had the same arrangement.

Wow. At the prices these guys were being paid, it was too much to come to meetings the day after games with the rest of the team.

According to multiple sources, Law rarely practiced on Wednesdays, played overweight, argued with the strength-and-conditioning staff and hurt team chemistry with his attitude.

seriously this guy was the fattest CB in the league. See ya Ty Law you suck.

When I watched the Monday Jets/Pats Monday night game - I was shocked to see how chunky Law was. No doubt from missing so much time due to injury. Still, it surprised me since he was such a work-out guru- eat healthy kind of guy when he was with NE. He spent his off-seasons working with the Joyner-Kearse folks.

However, to say he sucks is a complete joke. 10 int's right? Yah, he sucks real bad :roll:

I would more than welcome Ty back to NE. Ellis Hobbs - meet your new teacher.

When I watched the Monday Jets/Pats Monday night game - I was shocked to see how chunky Law was. No doubt from missing so much time due to injury. Still, it surprised me since he was such a work-out guru- eat healthy kind of guy when he was with NE. He spent his off-seasons working with the Joyner-Kearse folks.

However, to say he sucks is a complete joke. 10 int's right? Yah, he sucks real bad :roll:

I would more than welcome Ty back to NE. Ellis Hobbs - meet your new teacher.

really???? at 11 million??? i think not,,,,

really???? at 11 million??? i think not,,,,

Ty Law -if you watched him most of the year was not a Pro Bowl caliber player for the Jets- at 11 million the Pats are welcome to take him

Many of his int's were terrible passes that fell into his arms- not because of his close coverage on a receiver

10 INT and 20 Pass Interferance penalties. I hope the Pats take him back, he can get up to 240 and solve your linebacker problems.

Does anything that BB has displayed indicate that he would allow a "fat" Law on the field at 11 million? This is the same man that released Lawyer Milloy the week of it's opener in 2003.

Herm runs a "loose camp"...that's why all these guys love playing for him. Remember the article last week with Coles stating how he loves playing for Herm?!

It's like recess under Herm...do you really think Coles would have come out with a statement under Gibbs, Parcells or Coughlin? I don't think so.

. 1/2 of those interceptions were gifts. Yeah they're INTS, but a few of them deserved astericks for *thrown directly to Law by QB.

Thats called always being around the ball, which doesnt happen by accident.

It's amazing that a CB who didnt get beat for a big play all year is being criticized after having a very good year. Very quitely, Law didnt get flagged for illegal contact the last 5 games of the year.

Yea, Ty Law absoultey sucks, lets bring back aaron beasley so he can get beat for 50 yard TD's again by the Justin McCarein types, but hey atleast we know he wont get a lot of illegal contact penalties.

Mindless.

It's amazing that a CB who didnt get beat for a big play all year is being criticized after having a very good year. Very quitely, Law didnt get flagged for illegal contact the last 5 games of the year.

Yea, Ty Law absoultey sucks, lets bring back aaron beasley so he can get beat for 50 yard TD's again by the Justin McCarein types, but hey atleast we know he wont get a lot of illegal contact penalties.

Mindless.

its mindless to bring back Law at 11 million for ateam that is at least 2 years away from playoffs...

its mindless to bring back Law at 11 million for ateam that is at least 2 years away from playoffs...

Where did I say we should bring back Law? I agree that we should not, but to criticize his play this year is completely dumb. The guy played at a high level at a position where the NFL has made it borderline-impossible for CBs to compete.

On the Jets' list of problems, Law was at the very, very bottom if he is on the list at all.

Where did I say we should bring back Law? I agree that we should not, but to criticize his play this year is completely dumb. The guy played at a high level at a position where the NFL has made it borderline-impossible for CBs to compete.

On the Jets' list of problems, Law was at the very, very bottom if he is on the list at all.

ok cool,, he was OK,,the terrible play 1st half of season was balanced by better year end play,,overall he was average, but better than anything we had,,but his off-field aroma seems to have been counter productive,, so overall i give him a C...

Mindless.

great point, just not at $11M.

the first Buffalo game Ty Law got beat like he stole something all day long.

oh yeah how about what LT did to him during the SD game? I think his jock strap is still on the field.

LT makes just about everybody miss in the open field.

As for the first buffalo game, he got beat on 2 receptions and had 1 bad penalty. It was not a good game for Law. One really bad game out of 16. What a horrible season. :roll:

Bit, the BL is you killed Ty Law all offseason and said he was finished AND WANTEd no part of him. Now the guy has a good year and you wont admit it. Thats BS.

Archived