Meathead tread. All things lifting. *warning broscience*

Arsis

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I didn't see the blog the first time u posted..but just read it...what a great resource...i threw almond milk in my morning coffee,,, had a weird feeling it was ok .... did u see this link? http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/keto.htm

Ok so here's my lifestyle, i wake up, drive to work, sit for 9 hours, drive home, exhausted...maybe walk dog...5 days a week.

Today I started ketosis...i didn't carb load because my life has been a carb load, so here's my plan for today:

• RIght out of bed, coffee with almond milk, and I scooped a tablespoon of pure butter and ate it straight. Washed that down with water. When I go for something, I go all the way. Fiber shake before I left. Can't let plumbing get backed up on this.
  • Breakfast: 4 fried eggs, 3 strips bacon, 2 slices muenster
  • Lunch: 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1 cup romaine lettuce
  • Dinner: 4 oz ground beef (87%), 4 slices cheddar cheese
Net: 2038 Calories, 71% Fat, 27% Protein, 3% carbs

Feel good, maybe a slight headache after breakfast. Let you know how I feel in a couple hours lol.

Not nearly enough protein for me in that. I try to hit 250g/day.

I didn't see the blog the first time u posted..but just read it...what a great resource...i threw almond milk in my morning coffee,,, had a weird feeling it was ok ....  did u see this link?  http://www.bodybuilding.com/fun/keto.htm

Ok so here's my lifestyle, i wake up, drive to work, sit for 9 hours, drive home, exhausted...maybe walk dog...5 days a week.

Today I started ketosis...i didn't carb load because my life has been a carb load, so here's my plan for today:

• RIght out of bed, coffee with almond milk, and I scooped a tablespoon of pure butter and ate it straight. Washed that down with water. When I go for something, I go all the way. Fiber shake before I left. Can't let plumbing get backed up on this.
  • Breakfast: 4 fried eggs, 3 strips bacon, 2 slices muenster 
  • Lunch: 2 cups mozzarella cheese, 1 cup romaine lettuce
  • Dinner: 4 oz ground beef (87%), 4 slices cheddar cheese

Net: 2038 Calories, 71% Fat, 27% Protein, 3% carbs

Feel good, maybe a slight headache after breakfast. Let you know how I feel in a couple hours lol.

good link....i don't think I've seen this before

give you credit with that butter.....that would be tough for me.  

Thats a good meal plan...spot on.  If you had too much protein it will keep you out of ketosis...protein can convert into glucose. Too much protein = too much glucose  = no more ketosis. Ultimately everyone is different though...some people can handle more protein in ketosis than others 

Here is a link to tons of recipes and meal plans......http://cavemanketo.com/  This website is just as much as a bible as the other link IMO.  

I find the first 3 days to be the most difficult. When I was trainer in my younger days I had clients who after 3 weeks on this diet and made it into a permanent lifestyle after feeling that much better from not eating carbs.  Other things like reduced body inflammation, increased energy levels, lower blood pressure, clearer thinking, are other benefits when you dramatically reduce carbs from your diet.

good link....i don't think I've seen this before

give you credit with that butter.....that would be tough for me.  

Thats a good meal plan...spot on.  If you had too much protein it will keep you out of ketosis...protein can convert into glucose. Too much protein = too much glucose  = no more ketosis. Ultimately everyone is different though...some people can handle more protein in ketosis than others 

Here is a link to tons of recipes and meal plans......http://cavemanketo.com/  This website is just as much as a bible as the other link IMO.  

I find the first 3 days to be the most difficult. When I was trainer in my younger days I had clients who after 3 weeks on this diet and made it into a permanent lifestyle after feeling that much better from not eating carbs.  Other things like reduced body inflammation, increased energy levels, lower blood pressure, clearer thinking, are other benefits when you dramatically reduce carbs from your diet.

Nice post, thanks. It sounds crazy but I already feel better. No bloating, slight tired headache but clearer thinking at the same time.

Your links have been a grail. I toyed with the calorie counter today but as you know it's not just calories, it's the quality of the food itself. It's just as important to eat good, natural food which you know.

My wife had me doing the "Clean" plan last year which is shakes with fruits, protein and fats. I couldn't stand it, I was feeling extremely hungry for reasons you state above...feeling much better with this..I know you do 5-6 days but I may drag this out. It's going to be hard to do through Memorial Day weekend but I wanted to give this a shot anyway. I'll do my best

@ Arsis, I didn't want to say anything but, 250g of carbs a day, doesn't exactly sound like ketosis for reasons quoted here?

Nice post, thanks. It sounds crazy but I already feel better. No bloating, slight tired headache but clearer thinking at the same time.

Your links have been a grail. I toyed with the calorie counter today but as you know it's not just calories, it's the quality of the food itself. It's just as important to eat good, natural food which you know.

My wife had me doing the "Clean" plan last year which is shakes with fruits, protein and fats. I couldn't stand it, I was feeling extremely hungry for reasons you state above...feeling much better with this..I know you do 5-6 days but I may drag this out. It's going to be hard to do through Memorial Day weekend but I wanted to give this a shot anyway. I'll do my best

@ Arsis, I didn't want to say anything but, 250g of carbs a day, doesn't exactly sound like ketosis for reasons quoted here?

Protein, not carbs. Ketosis is a bit different from what I am aiming for.

Fckkk, your wife makes you do that kind of sht too?? Lol.....My wife would have me living off of nuts and berries all day if she had it her way. She eats like a friggen squirrel.....but to each their own.

If you can follow a ketogenic diet 7 days a week...then you will benefit that much more.  I have done it it for 5-6 months at a shot but football season and the holidays always makes me give it up over the weekend.  But let me tell you....come Monday morn, after a weekend of carbs, my body aches and feels inflamed...my stomach feels huge from being so bloated....and I am foggy as all hell until Monday evening.  Its a stiff reminder of how bad carbs are for your body.

Fckkk, your wife makes you do that kind of sht too?? Lol.....My wife would have me living off of nuts and berries all day if she had it her way. She eats like a friggen squirrel.....but to each their own.

If you can follow a ketogenic diet 7 days a week...then you will benefit that much more. I have done it it for 5-6 months at a shot but football season and the holidays always makes me give it up over the weekend. But let me tell you....come Monday morn, after a weekend of carbs, my body aches and feels inflamed...my stomach feels huge from being so bloated....and I am foggy as all hell until Monday evening. Its a stiff reminder of how bad carbs are for your body.

Haha yeah she was so pissed when I quit that sh*t on day 3. It was this huge scam, you can buy this guy's mix of vitamins and protein if you want etc... But the kicker was that you could have a hard lunch, in other words they suggest you go to chipotle and get the salad bowl. I did this twice and was about ready to kill someone on my train home I was so hangry. The ******* shake plan loads you up on sugar and protein and then tells you to go walk into a fast food place for lunch? Realizing now how carbs create hunger, I understand how crazy that plan is. I was real tight on cash like 8 years ago when I started working... It was pasta for me every night and I still remember how bad I felt.

Anyway,, I don't drink to begin with, so this a plan I can probably pull off with less stress.. But during football and tailgating.. Meh probably taking a cheat day there

Haha yeah she was so pissed when I quit that sh*t on day 3. It was this huge scam, you can buy this guy's mix of vitamins and protein if you want etc... But the kicker was that you could have a hard lunch, in other words they suggest you go to chipotle and get the salad bowl. I did this twice and was about ready to kill someone on my train home I was so hangry. The ******* shake plan loads you up on sugar and protein and then tells you to go walk into a fast food place for lunch? Realizing now how carbs create hunger, I understand how crazy that plan is. I was real tight on cash like 8 years ago when I started working... It was pasta for me every night and I still remember how bad I felt.

Anyway,, I don't drink to begin with, so this a plan I can probably pull off with less stress.. But during football and tailgating.. Meh probably taking a cheat day there

Not much of a drinker either...which makes this diet much easier.

It will work....after 3 full (no bullsh*t) days.....you will not need to convince yourself of doing this anymore bc the initial results will already start becoming apparent.

Are you familiar with ketostix?

I believe in you. Post progess pics every three months. Blood test results too.

Dude...it's been clinically proven to reduce risk of alzheimer's....a cure for epilepsy because brain health improves and hypertension reduced...you can doubt if you want, i'll gladly post a log of no life changes except diet and report back :D

Not much of a drinker either...which makes this diet much easier.

It will work....after 3 full (no bullsh*t) days.....you will not need to convince yourself of doing this anymore bc the initial results will already start becoming apparent.

Are you familiar with ketostix?

Just familiar via online research the last few days...isn't it also possible to check levels via a diabetes "finger prick" monitor?

Umm it will work. But not if I eat 250g protein a day

It 100% works, I trained a lady weighing in at 267lbs follow this diet with just a 2 day a week 30min workout routine (all she had time for).....and she successfully lost 110lbs over 14 months.  She is just one of many success stories I had from when I was a personal trainer 10 years ago.....they all followed this diet program....its money. 

Just familiar via online research the last few days...isn't it also possible to check levels via a diabetes "finger prick" monitor?

find your local Walmart and they sell them at the pharmacy counter for 6 bucks.  No need to test blood.  Just pee on the stick and it will let you know if you are in ketosis.  Its also a good test for checking to see if a certain food will knock you out of ketosis.......for example....supposedly you cannot not eat breaded chicken on a ketogenic diet..... but I found these Perdue lightly breaded frozen chicken nuggets and the same kind as chicken strips that will not knock me out of ketosis per the ketostix.....  I'll take 15 of those nuggets, cover them in blue cheese and some wing sauce and boom....buffalo wings

It 100% works, I trained a lady weighing in at 267lbs follow this diet with just a 2 day a week 30min workout routine (all she had time for).....and she successfully lost 110lbs over 14 months.  She is just one of many success stories I had from when I was a personal trainer 10 years ago.....they all followed this diet program....its money. 

Oh I know it will...like I'd take anything Arsis says as truth anyway lol

find your local Walmart and they sell them at the pharmacy counter for 6 bucks.  No need to test blood.  Just pee on the stick and it will let you know if you are in ketosis.  Its also a good test for checking to see if a certain food will knock you out of ketosis.......for example....supposedly you cannot not eat breaded chicken on a ketogenic diet..... but I found these Perdue lightly breaded frozen chicken nuggets and the same kind as chicken strips that will not knock me out of ketosis per the ketostix.....  I'll take 15 of those nuggets, cover them in blue cheese and some wing sauce and boom....buffalo wings

Loving this diet more and more. How often are you testing with the stix? Wakeup/ and then after Breakfast/lunch/dinner ?

Loving this diet more and more. How often are you testing with the stix? Wakeup/ and then after Breakfast/lunch/dinner ?

I usually test on Tuesday mid day just to make sure Im in ketosis (after a weekend of carbs).....After I'm in ketosis, I will just check only if I ate something that may have kicked me out.

When I first started doing this type of diet I checked 3 times a day just to ensure myself I was eating the right foods.....I suggest the same to you.  The ketostix are cheap enough to do that with...I think you get 50 in a container.

I usually test on Tuesday mid day just to make sure Im in ketosis (after a weekend of carbs).....After I'm in ketosis, I will just check only if I ate something that may have kicked me out.

When I first started doing this type of diet I checked 3 times a day just to ensure myself I was eating the right foods.....I suggest the same to you.  The ketostix are cheap enough to do that with...I think you get 50 in a container.

Perfect.... I will hit Walmart on the way back

I'm 6'3, 250 right now, I've got a 2300 Calorie plan...73/21/6

I think my Calories are a little low... thoughts?

Archived