Meathead tread. All things lifting. *warning broscience*

Arsis

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I get a lot of nutrients every week as I completely chill in ketosis. Between all the broccoli, squash, rasperberries, blackberries, almonds, seeds....i feel like i cover most bases.

Ive done Paleo type diets from time to time over the years when i want to take a break from keto for awhile....my only beef with the diet is the no dairy...i love cheese.

Oh so you can eat raspberries and blackberries? Wasn't aware of that.

I was at the time. Not right now, need to get back to that point. My blood pressure was perfect.

20 lbs ago I still had excellent blood pressure... My body tells me that I'm out of shape yet the pressure says I'm doing fine... For me at least, I think there's more to the story. Don't attempt to crap down my throat on this, I just ate a nice breakfast of eggs fried in bacon fat and an offering one man's opinion LOL

hey bro's

what do you think about milliner's hammy issues ?  could it be related to poor training ?  I remember reading a few years ago that athletes sometimes ignore hammy's in the weight room and over train the quads, and it creates an imbalance in the leg

legit ?

I get a lot of nutrients every week as I completely chill in ketosis.  Between all the broccoli, squash, rasperberries, blackberries, almonds, seeds....i feel like i cover most bases.  

Ive done Paleo type diets from time to time over the years when i want to take a break from keto for awhile....my only beef with the diet is the no dairy...i love cheese.  

You are eating fruit and staying in Ketosis? Are you testing yourself?

I don't think so, should knock you out of ketosis unless you are eating a ton of fat and protein with them

You are eating fruit and staying in Ketosis? Are you testing yourself?

Yes. I have tested myself tons of times in the past so I have a good idea of my max with the raspberries and blackberries.  I would eat them every morn (and still do) and test on ketostix. I just dont need to test it on the ketostix anymore.  Most other fruit I tried to fit into the diet knocked me out of ketosis. 

Yes...at least for me I have no probs.....some are more sensitive than others to fruit.  I eat about a handful of each everyday. 

Is my pregnant wife secretly renaming this thread? These changes feel very hormonal.

That, or it was the guy who made this thread looking for help bc he admitly didn't know jack sht when it came to carb cycling, but then all of a sudden he acted like he knew everything.  Clearly, it only took 2-3 post to confirm he was absolutely clueless. Typical behavior of a douccchee.

We shall not forget...

MyLittlePony aka Arsis, on 10 May 2014 - 8:57 PM, said:snapback.png

I was thinking of carb cycling to get down to single digits. Except I have no idea what I am doing. I am used to just eating and gaining mass. Anyone have any success with carb cycling?

20 lbs ago I still had excellent blood pressure... My body tells me that I'm out of shape yet the pressure says I'm doing fine... For me at least, I think there's more to the story. Don't attempt to crap down my throat on this, I just ate a nice breakfast of eggs fried in bacon fat and an offering one man's opinion LOL

No way in the world would I ever dare crap down your throat and ruin the taste of a breakfast like that.

Can I crap on your face instead?

Is my pregnant wife secretly renaming this thread? These changes feel very hormonal.

lol

by the way, my blood pressure sh*t is hereditary from both sides, the fact I stayed off meds for it until I was 37 was part miracle and part neglectful. Knowing that I can, with lifestyle changes to diet and activity, reduce it to normal is awesome. Now, I just have to figure out a way to not eat my stress. 

lol

by the way, my blood pressure sh*t is hereditary from both sides, the fact I stayed off meds for it until I was 37 was part miracle and part neglectful. Knowing that I can, with lifestyle changes to diet and activity, reduce it to normal is awesome. Now, I just have to figure out a way to not eat my stress.

Start keto. Come to the light. Less stress? Check. Lower blood pressure? Check. Weight loss? Check. Dinner of Dinosaur BBQ smoked wings smothered in bleu cheese, half rack of smoked ribs and a bleu cheese iceberg salad? Check.

Start keto. Come to the light. Less stress? Check. Lower blood pressure? Check. Weight loss? Check. Dinner of Dinosaur BBQ smoked wings smothered in bleu cheese, half rack of smoked ribs and a bleu cheese iceberg salad? Check.

BBQ sauce is loaded in sugar??

I would keep my distance from BBQ sauce in keto.  They do have sugar free BBQ sauces out there, but I have never bothered with them.  Most hot wing sauces though....no problems. 

I would keep my distance from BBQ sauce in keto.  They do have sugar free BBQ sauces out there, but I have never bothered with them.  Most hot wing sauces though....no problems. 

Should have clarified:

Got the wings plain. They are smoked with a dry rub.

Ribs had a light dusting of sauce, mental mistake forgot to order them plain but it wasn't bad. I think there was a little sugar though, the next day my digestion wasn't really happy with it. 

This reminds me of my friends diet.  We were eating at a cafeteria every day.  He switched to what he called Bufflo Chicken Turkey.  Basically he would get a salad and white meat turkey and then slather it in Buffalo sauce.  He couldn't figure out why he kept gaining weight.  The sauce is basically butter, sugar, and tabasco.

My wife says my breath smells like my guts are rotting (nice) and that the diet leaves you susceptible to a lot of serious risks, such as hypocholesterolemia, osteoperosis (says it provokes it), pancreatitis, 

This reminds me of my friends diet.  We were eating at a cafeteria every day.  He switched to what he called Bufflo Chicken Turkey.  Basically he would get a salad and white meat turkey and then slather it in Buffalo sauce.  He couldn't figure out why he kept gaining weight.  The sauce is basically butter, sugar, and tabasco.

LOL awesome.

My wife says my breath smells like my guts are rotting (nice) and that the diet leaves you susceptible to a lot of serious risks, such as hypocholesterolemia, osteoperosis (says it provokes it), pancreatitis, 

Earlier in the thread you asked me to crap down your throat... I thought this put me in exclusive company. I guess not?

Earlier in the thread you asked me to crap down your throat... I thought this put me in exclusive company. I guess not?

Realizing you're an Ape and that sh*t flinging was inevitable, I asked you to aim somewhere else. With a baby on the way, the wife feels that a heart attack is almost certainly in  my future with a high fat diet. I hope to prove her wrong soon with bloodwork.

Realizing you're an Ape and that sh*t flinging was inevitable, I asked you to aim somewhere else. With a baby on the way, the wife feels that a heart attack is almost certainly in  my future with a high fat diet. I hope to prove her wrong soon with bloodwork.

Lack of insulin spikes will save you

Lucky for me, there was hardly any sauce on the ribs. They smoke them and barely need anything, it was a light coating at best.

The best ribs are smoked with a dry rub and then "wet" with some sort of sauce when plated up. :D

yes, my wife will hold a gun to my head if I get to close during keto unless Ive been chewing some gum.  Sugarless gum that is.

I just spoke to my Dr who said there should be no problem with Ketosis that annual checkups wouldn't catch. Regardless, headed over there in a week to get my blood drawn. Get to the bottom of this once and for all

I go for yearly blood check ups as well......my cholesterol, my LDL's, my blood sugar, all have been in check and far from even a high risk of anything.  My blood pressure has been on the high side since my 20's due to genetics. However, when I am strictly following a keto diet, my BP stays well within normal range.  You have no choice but to avoid the highly processed foods with high sodium content in this diet.

Archived