This week's podcast guest: JetNation Members

T0mShane

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You lost all credibility when you said that Dan Marino at 53 could play QB better right now than Michael Vick.

You lost all credibility when you suggested that Tom had credibility before he made that statement.

I think we are losing the argument's meaning. I will put it this way.... If your life was on the line and you needed the jets to win one game and you had to pick either Geno Smith or Michael Vick in that game.. your telling me you would be confident with Geno?  We are saying Vick is a better QB as of right now...  not 5 years from now..

Philly had a terrible horrible disgusting defense last year... they had probaly one of the worst secondarys in the league and gave up a ton of points... you cannot hang that on Vick.. Is he a terrible person for what he did with those dogs?  absolutely!  is he a better QB then Geno as of right now.. absolutely!  I love how we have all this love for Geno Smith now.. I guess it has set in that Mark will never be a jet again so everyone hopped on the geno train.

I totally get what you mean.. Yes they want Geno to win the job and thats obvious. Geno losing would mean that pick was a failure and they need to continue the search for a QB. I get that.. But you cannot tell me that Geno as of right now is a better QB then Vick.

If my life is on the line and I need to win one game... Im going with the experience.. you guys can go with Geno.. and see how that works out for you..

I will be a weekly caller.. Steve From bensonhurst!  Love me or hate me... There will always be some entertainment value...

Thanks for the heads up. I hope they give the call screener a raise.  Sounds like he will be busy.

I will be a weekly caller.. Steve From bensonhurst!  Love me or hate me... There will always be some entertainment value...

That is a good radio name btw.  Steve from Bensonhurst.  I like it.

Courtney is off to Philly going to buy a Sanchez jersey

You're an ass.

At the time, Mark was our best OPTION.  Namath was also saying the same thing.

Now, Geno is our best OPTION  at QB.  Vick is average at most, and I bet he get's hurt after 3 games anyway.  You need to think long term, not short term for the team.  The NFL is getting younger and Idzik is building for future - in case you haven't noticed.  Vick is a one year rental, which is (one of the reasons) why we drafted a QB.  Right now, we do not have a currently signed QB that is a long-term solution for the team.  But Geno showed a glimmer of hope in the end of the last season, and he is younger and stronger than Vick.  Our receivers can chase after his inaccurate throws, so long as he stays healthy.  

And to say you wish we drafted Manziel?!  That's a whole different thread that I will not waste my life on.

just caught the replay 

reactions: 

1) Idzik doesn't "give" Rex picks. Tajh Boyd is not John Conner. He's not Dave Yovanovitz. Boyd is worth a 6th round pick on his big game film alone. He should beat out Simms easy, and backup Geno after Vick leaves. 

2) Courtney takes alot of crap but is underrated as a football mind. I agree with her pick of Pryor of favorite pick. 

3) Pryor was the best available player and will start right away. It's arguably a better pick to take a difference making 1st safety off the board than a 4th WR or a 3rd CB. 

4) Villian The Foe sounded smart as hell. Gamechangers. You got it buddy. 

5) Was impressed by TS's self control. new meds? 

Thank you.  I just printed 500 copies of this and hung it everywhere.  

You're an ass.

Now, Geno is our best OPTION  at QB.  Vick is average at most, and I bet he get's hurt after 3 games anyway.  You need to think long term, not short term for the team.  The NFL is getting younger and Idzik is building for future - in case you haven't noticed.  Vick is a one year rental, which is (one of the reasons) why we drafted a QB.  Right now, we do not have a currently signed QB that is a long-term solution for the team.  But Geno showed a glimmer of hope in the end of the last season, and he is younger and stronger than Vick.  Our receivers can chase after his inaccurate throws, so long as he stays healthy.  

And to say you wish we drafted Manziel?!  That's a whole different thread that I will not waste my life on.

Actually Vick is our best option for 2014 and it's not even close. 

We as a fanbase need Smith to win the job and end up being the long term answer or the search continues. Idzik hopes for the same (and will likely ensure Geno is names the starter) or last years draft is really a mixed bag success wise other than Richardson.  

Personally I would have addressed QB with the 18th pick as I don't buy all the overhype of Geno's last four games . Still, the best thing for all involved is if Geno surprises us and is legit.

Actually Vick is our best option for 2014 and it's not even close. 

We as a fanbase need Smith to win the job and end up being the long term answer or the search continues. Idzik hopes for the same (and will likely ensure Geno is names the starter) or last years draft is really a mixed bag success wise other than Richardson.  

Personally I would have addressed QB with the 18th pick as I don't buy all the overhype of Geno's last four games . Still, the best thing for all involved is if Geno surprises us and is legit.

Marty Morhinweg disagrees.

You're an ass.

mb53765927ca4cc3.60291695.gif

I think we are losing the argument's meaning. I will put it this way.... If your life was on the line and you needed the jets to win one game and you had to pick either Geno Smith or Michael Vick in that game.. your telling me you would be confident with Geno?  We are saying Vick is a better QB as of right now...  not 5 years from now..

Philly had a terrible horrible disgusting defense last year... they had probaly one of the worst secondarys in the league and gave up a ton of points... you cannot hang that on Vick.. Is he a terrible person for what he did with those dogs?  absolutely!  is he a better QB then Geno as of right now.. absolutely!  I love how we have all this love for Geno Smith now.. I guess it has set in that Mark will never be a jet again so everyone hopped on the geno train.

I totally get what you mean.. Yes they want Geno to win the job and thats obvious. Geno losing would mean that pick was a failure and they need to continue the search for a QB. I get that.. But you cannot tell me that Geno as of right now is a better QB then Vick.

If my life is on the line and I need to win one game... Im going with the experience.. you guys can go with Geno.. and see how that works out for you..

I would refuse to play your silly game 

You're an ass.

At the time, Mark was our best OPTION. Namath was also saying the same thing.

Now, Geno is our best OPTION at QB. Vick is average at most, and I bet he get's hurt after 3 games anyway. You need to think long term, not short term for the team. The NFL is getting younger and Idzik is building for future - in case you haven't noticed. Vick is a one year rental, which is (one of the reasons) why we drafted a QB. Right now, we do not have a currently signed QB that is a long-term solution for the team. But Geno showed a glimmer of hope in the end of the last season, and he is younger and stronger than Vick. Our receivers can chase after his inaccurate throws, so long as he stays healthy.

And to say you wish we drafted Manziel?! That's a whole different thread that I will not waste my life on.

I'm an ass? You know the rules.. no personal,attacks Mrs Sanchez.. and Mark Sanchez was,not the best option.. only in your little girl crush eyes.. Your not saying anything we don't know.. the argument for the 100th time..is who a better qb right this moment.. not for the future.. Angelo is wiser? great.. you hurt my feelings lol and Manziel could possibly be a future hofer.. he has that talent.. graded better then geno.. and I would have taken him over a safety. Let's face it..you were in love with Mark Sanchez.. even after the butt fumble and how terrible he was..you still would defend him.. You don't get a free pass over here sister.. Like most kissing your butt..

I'm an ass? You know the rules.. no personal,attacks Mrs Sanchez.. and Mark Sanchez was,not the best option.. only in your little girl crush eyes.. Your not saying anything we don't know.. the argument for the 100th time..is who a better qb right this moment.. not for the future.. Angelo is wiser? great.. you hurt my feelings lol and Manziel could possibly be a future hofer.. he has that talent.. graded better then geno.. and I would have taken him over a safety. Let's face it..you were in love with Mark Sanchez.. even after the butt fumble and how terrible he was..you still would defend him.. You don't get a free pass over here sister.. Like most kissing your butt..

The ironic part is that Namwth loves Manzel. But he also loves Sanchez lol.

While it's fair to bust Courtney's balls over her loyalty to Sanchez, you shouldn't forget that her reasoning has always been that he was ****ed over by an inept organization and a full-retard head coach--which is undeniable. After a 2010 season when if at least looked like he might emerge, he shows up to 2011 training camp to find Holmes, Plaxico, and Derrick Mason in the huddle because Rex thinks it's fun to bring in assholes. Mason ran a train on Sanchez so hard that summer that the Jets had to get him off the team. There's no way you can look at what they did to Sanchez and say that any young QB would have a chance. It cannot be underestimated how stupid Rex is as far as offensive personnel is concerned. Apparently Chip Kelly agrees with that, and I'm thinking Chip Kelly knows more about QBs than you.

While it's fair to bust Courtney's balls over her loyalty to Sanchez, you shouldn't forget that her reasoning has always been that he was ****ed over by an inept organization and a full-retard head coach--which is undeniable. After a 2010 season when if at least looked like he might emerge, he shows up to 2011 training camp to find Holmes, Plaxico, and Derrick Mason in the huddle because Rex thinks it's fun to bring in assholes. Mason ran a train on Sanchez so hard that summer that the Jets had to get him off the team. There's no way you can look at what they did to Sanchez and say that any young QB would have a chance. It cannot be underestimated how stupid Rex is as far as offensive personnel is concerned. Apparently Chip Kelly agrees with that, and I'm thinking Chip Kelly knows more about QBs than you.

He knows more about quarterbacks than me too. That doesn't change the fact that this argument is stupid. Sanchez was doomed from the beginning because he started sixteen games in college. It can't plausibly be argued that his career was mismanaged because there is no way of managing such a prospect that has been demonstrated to work even once ever.

You ain't hitting it,  forget it.

Sanchez is exactly what he was projected to be, Akili Smith.,.  If you remember, 2010 *when he was able to rise to such lofty status as 28th in DVOA and 22 in QBR), was the year the year in which he lead the league in dropped interceptions by a large margin. What his basic stats showed was the result of a short term luck walk, including the advanced stat foretold what was coming... Similar to the Jets 8-8 record vs our point differential, the latter will be much more accurate in predicting future success, all things being equal.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afceast/post/_/id/26901/sheer-luck-buoyed-mark-sanchezs-stats

I mean, can you imagine what kind of player Sanchez would have been if more people were just nicer to him?

Ah, feck.

The following things can all be true:

1. Sanchez is soft

2. Sanchez is a dope

3. Sanchez was never going to be good

4. No young QB was going to reach his potential with Rex Ryan having input into personnel.

5. The Jets, as an organization, handled the education of their quarterback as poorly as it could be handled.

Ah, feck.

The following things can all be true:

1. Sanchez is soft

2. Sanchez is a dope

3. Sanchez was never going to be good

4. No young QB was going to reach his potential with Rex Ryan having input into personnel.

5. The Jets, as an organization, handled the education of their quarterback as poorly as it could be handled.

mark-sanchez-cornrows-elite-daily.jpg

Archived