Archeage MMO

Smashmouth

SWG was my favorite game and Im still hoping the guys doing the SWG EMU succeed.

You can tout WOW all you want but the game pussifed every MMO out there because every developer figured lets do what works . The most of WOW's subs are from the far east not NA  while they still have a good NA following its not nearly as much as people say.

WOW was popular because not only did MMOer's know about the game at its release but players who didn't even know what an MMO was who were hardcore Warcraft fans also bought into the MMO concept not even knowing What else was out there. I know some hardcore gamers who don't even know what MMO's are and those Warcraft players were in that mold but Millions strong which gave WOW the boost it needed over other MMO's at the time like EQ2 and SWG.

trust me WOW is no different than most of the themeparks out there since they all tried to copy the model they are better made games because they are later developed BUT they are as most say "the same old sh*t"

The games being developed now are hardcore Sandbox and that's what a lot of games I interact with have been calling for for years.

I don't mean to knock WOW it was very successful in its own right but it will slowly diminish as the next wave of games release in the next 2 years

First off, you'll need to support the claim that WoW's base is more Far East than NA or Europe.  Most of the servers are located in either NA or Europe, so you'll need to find figures to support your claim of subs.

And "better made games" is just graphics.  The gameplay of many of those wasn't good enough to surpass WoW.  That should tell you something - that a game with inferior graphics still holds the subs.

And WoW didn't need much of a boost over SWG - if you played, you know the New Game Enhancements (NGE) came out in 2005, while the game started in 2003.  WoW started in 2004.  So they were still building when SWG imploded.  They beat EQ2, but your contention that it was a lot of WC1/2/3 players there makes sense, and I agree.

Archived