Jets awarded RB Daryl Richardson off waivers from Rams

nj meadowlands

Jets claim recently waived Daryl Richardson
by Chris Towers | CBSSports.com

The Jets were awarded running back Daryl Richardson on waivers Friday, reports CBSSports.com NFL Insider Jason La Canfora.

Richardson was waived by the Rams earlier in the week, after a disappointing sophomore season that saw him lose his starting job while averaging just 3.1 yards per carry in eight games. He will likely be buried on the depth chart to start out in New York.

Share: Twitter Facebook

I agree he is a nice depth addition and  a training camp body. I was surprised how effective he was at times in 2012 as a 7th rounder and added him to one of my deep fantasy Teams. That turf toe injury really hurt his contribution and since he had no surgery we'll have to wait and see how it healed. He should come very CHEAP and low risk.  I say Good Pickup ! 

Jets | Daryl Richardson claimed

Fri, 16 May 2014 13:56:30 -0700

The New York Jets claimed RB Daryl Richardson off waivers from the St. Louis Rams Friday, May 16.

FANTASY TIP: The Jets already have a very crowded backfield with Chris JohnsonBilal Powell and Chris Ivory, so Richardson will do nothing more than provide depth at the position. He shouldn't be drafted in most leagues.

Comment | Source: ESPNNewYork.com - Rich Cimini | Share: facebook.png 

Read more: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#ixzz31uwK3TZS

Hahaha.  Haters.

Speed back with explosiveness, Richardson is the brother of NFL players Bernard Scott (Bengals) and Clyde Gates (Dolphins). - The Sports Xchange

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/players/1704571/daryl-richardson

So who is on the hot seat? Or does this guy have no real shot?

This team carried Alex Green most of last year.  I imagine he'd be the first guy to beat out.  

We are going to run the living **** out of the ball this year. It's going to be great.

Richardson was starting in STL but because Fisher likes a 3-down back that he can ram up the middle, so he lost his spot due to being more of a role-player (passing down back) and nagging injuries. He didn't fit what Fisher wanted to do, Zac Stacy did. 

Good role-player acquisition with starting experience. 

3.1 yards a carry, awesome.

Stacked box, Schotty offense, not suited for pounding it up the middle. They didn't really use him well. He didn't fit what they were trying to do. I see it like this, if we're RBBC then touches should look like this: 15 for Ivory, 15 for CJ and 8 for this guy, and loose change for the rest. All situationally appropriate. 

That is a 3-headed monster with various skill sets, and all with starting experience. I can't knock it. All 3 of them are better than Powell, who would ideally be packed in a trade for a veteran CB now.

He has two brothers and all three have different last names. can only imagine the questions jeff ireland asked him in pre draft interviews.

I had a comment about the three brothers all had different last names but I refrained. All I'll say is breeder

Archived