Rex : " Jets might consider Tajh Boyd at another position"

Kleckineau

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350818/article/ryan-jets-might-consider-tajh-boyd-at-other-position

The way we see it, Tajh Boyd might never start a game for the New York Jets -- at least not at quarterback.

With Geno SmithMichael Vick and Matt Simms ahead of him, the rookie passer out of Clemson isn't a threat to take over under center, but might he see snaps at another position?

0ap2000000346282.jpg

"We'll see," coach Rex Ryan told reporters Friday. "Right now, it's 100 percent quarterback, but we'll see as it gets going. Certainly he's got the running skills and all that type of stuff we saw in college that you might consider doing different things with him, but right now it's 100 percent quarterback."

Asked about branching out, Boyd was quick to say Friday: "I can't see myself playing another position."

During his college career, Boyd saw plenty of action out of the pistol and arrives at Florham Park with ample read-option experience. Play-caller Marty Mornhinweg was fond of the Tiger last season -- too fond -- and might find a way to dip Boyd into a subpackage. That said, the fleet-footed Vick is a far superior option for any funny stuff.

Boyd's first order of business is making Gang Green's roster; we're still not convinced that happens.

BTW, which one of you psychos wrote this?

just listened to your interview on ny jets radio. I couldn't believe how rude those guys were to you. Especially when you talked about Tajh Boyd. What's that dopes name Tom? He must not only be smarter than Rex and the entire AFCA(American Football Coaches Association); You know, the men who know the players the best because there the COACHES! They picked Boyd for their All American team. And the frat boy comment, ha. Has Tom ever watched a Clemson or a Jets game? Maybe he was too busy getting beers for the gang? Or perhaps he did see the one when Boyd surpassed Philip Rivers as the all time passing touch down leader in ACC history with a pass to Martavis Bryant. DUH Tom! 11904 college career passing yards with 107 TD's. He must stink huh Tom. How about November 17 2012 when Clemson played NC state. That day Boyd broke the ACC record for most TD's in a game by throwing for 5 td's and running for 3 having 529 all purpose yards. One other thing as some recievers from the Jets past teams said. We can't throw ourselves the ball. That's one thing Sammy Watkins didn't have to say. A 6th round steal is the ONLY way to describe this pick. Kudos to you Courtney. Stick up for yourself girl. You probably know more than those radio "frat boys". By the way, Sanchez still is a very good qb. Remember he was knocked out by an uncalled late hit from the Giants in a preseason game. The hit, bought and paid for by a bigwig in the league. 

Rex is just talking out of his ass, Boyd's not the caliber athlete (i.e. Brad Smith) to play another position. They'll see if having Marty and Lee work with  Boyd on his mechanics takes and somehow makes him an NFL caliber quarterback, but this was a sixth round compensatory pick. No harm in rolling the dice late, but that's all this is.

"We'll see," coach Rex Ryan told reporters Friday. "Right now, it's 100 percent quarterback, but we'll see as it gets going. Certainly he's got the running skills and all that type of stuff we saw in college that you might consider doing different things with him, but right now it's 100 percent quarterback."

move along people

move along people

My thoughts exactly. Where does it even say that Rex wants him to play another position? 

Taj  added " I can't see myself playing another position"  

This is nuts. THe headline and the article are not the same and people are commenting to the headline.  LOL   Funny stuff. 

My thoughts exactly. Where does it even say that Rex wants him to play another position? 

Taj  added " I can't see myself playing another position"  

This is nuts. THe headline and the article are not the same and people are commenting to the headline.  LOL   Funny stuff. 

"We'll see. Right now, it's 100 percent quarterback, but we'll see as it gets going. Certainly he's got the running skills and all that type of stuff we saw in college that you might consider doing different things with him, but right now it's 100 percent quarterback."

Yup, their coaches are saying the same things about every other QB taken in the draft.

Yeah, but did those other QBs readily allow Seth Ryan to use their HBOGO password?

Yeah.  I'm sure glad that Idzik is able to curb this bullsh*t nepotism Rex gets away with.

I spoke to Tommy about his friendship with Brad Idzik, John Idzik's son, who is a wide receiver for the Wake Forest Demon Deacons. They're so close that Brad was actually at his draft party, which was spent at a bowling alley with friends and family. Tommy has met Brad's father on several occasions, most notably while John Idzik was with theSeattle Seahawks. According to Tommy, the current General Manager of the Jets scouted the area on behalf of the Seahawks, specifically choosing that area so he could visit his son. While Idzik was making his rounds, he was able to have a few conversations.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000350818/article/ryan-jets-might-consider-tajh-boyd-at-other-position

The way we see it, Tajh Boyd might never start a game for the New York Jets -- at least not at quarterback.

With Geno SmithMichael Vick and Matt Simms ahead of him, the rookie passer out of Clemson isn't a threat to take over under center, but might he see snaps at another position?

0ap2000000346282.jpg

Asked about branching out, Boyd was quick to say Friday: "I can't see myself playing another position."

During his college career, Boyd saw plenty of action out of the pistol and arrives at Florham Park with ample read-option experience. Play-caller Marty Mornhinweg was fond of the Tiger last season -- too fond -- and might find a way to dip Boyd into a subpackage. That said, the fleet-footed Vick is a far superior option for any funny stuff.

Boyd's first order of business is making Gang Green's roster; we're still not convinced that happens.

he might also be selling popcorn by opening day. multi faceted

"We'll see. Right now, it's 100 percent quarterback, but we'll see as it gets going. Certainly he's got the running skills and all that type of stuff we saw in college that you might consider doing different things with him, but right now it's 100 percent quarterback."

Yup, their coaches are saying the same things about every other QB taken in the draft.

Right now it's 100% QB. There's very little meat to make the sandwich there man. 

Right now it's 100% QB. There's very little meat to make the sandwich there man. 

Right now. We'll see. We'll see. Right now.

Why not just say he's a QB and not hedge if it's not even a question at this point?

No, no meat, but there's a loaf of Italian bread sliced open and there is mayonnaise, oil and vinegar on the table. Might be a sandwich. We'll see.

Why not just say he's a QB and not hedge if it's not even a question at this point?

Because creative minds like Rex don't like to eliminate any possibilities.

He's the slowest QB on the roster

Once they cut Simms, anyway.

No, no meat, but there's a loaf of Italian bread sliced open and there is mayonnaise, oil and vinegar on the table. Might be a sandwich. We'll see.

LOL.  I hear ya, but let's not forget the original question is not included in the statement. It probably went something like this.  " Rex, Taj Boyd has a lot of athletic ability and we in the press think that more wildcat would be awesome. Do you think there is any possibility for Taj to fill that role this season?" 

Enter Rex's answer that we'll see but right now he's 100% QB. 

I'll be right back.  I'm gonna go make myself a mayo/olive oils sandwich.  :D

Simms actually ran a faster 40

Wow. I had to look that up, but you're right. Lol. Only a couple hundredths difference, but Simms has the edge. I hope he looks faster on the field, Simms doesn't move quickly at all.

Ludicrous idea posed by the media. Boyd would be the slowest running back on the team or the slowest receiver in the entire league. He is not the same runner as Geno and Vick are.

It would be like running the wildcat package with Tebow at the helm.

Archived