Our (JetsNation's) LAD Depth Chart

LAD_Brooklyn

Help a brother out as I'm sure im missing a few guys.

QB - Geno, Vick, Simms, Boyd
RB - Johnson, Ivory, Powell, Richardson, Goodson
FB - Bohanon, Young
WR - Decker, Hill, Nelson, Enunwa
WR - Kerley, Saunders, Evans, Ford
TE - Cumberland, Amaro
LT - Furgerson,
LG - Winters, Dokota
C - Mangold, Schlauderaff
RG - Colon, Campell
RT - Giacomini, Aboushi

DE - Wilkerson, Douzable
NT - Harrison, Ellis
DE - Richardson
OLB -Coples, McIntrye,Enemkpali
ILB - Davis, George
ILB - Harris, Bellore
OLB - Pace, Barnes, Reilly
CB - Milliner, Walls, McDougle, Dixon
CB - Patterson, Wilson, Ellis
SS - Landry, Allen
FS - Pryor, Jarret, Bush

Help a brother out as I'm sure im missing a few guys.

QB - Geno Smith, Michael Vick, Matt Simms, Tajh Boyd, BJ Coleman

RB - Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory, Bilal Powell, Darryl Richardson, Mike Goodson, Alex Green (from his tweets presumed cut) DJ Harper, Keidrick Jackson, Fabian Truss

FB - Tommy Bohanon, Chad Young

WR - Eric Decker, Stephen Hill, David Nelson, Quincy Enunwa, Michael Campbell, Dwight Jones, Demario Bennett, Jermaine Jones, Mike Willie, Levasier Tuinei

WR - Jeremy Kerley, Jalen Saunders, Shaq Evans, Jacoby Ford, Clyde Gates, Greg Salas, Saalim Hakim,

TE - Jeff Cumberland, Jace Amaro, Zach Sudfeld, Chris Pantale, Colin Anderson, Terrance Miller

LT - D'brickashaw Ferguson, Ben Ijalana, Brent Qvale, Marcus Zusevics Bruce Campbell

LG - Brian Winters, Dakota Dozier, Jacolby Ashworth, Ray Dominguez

C - Nick Mangold, Caleb Schlauderaff, Dalton Freeman

RG - Willie Colon, William Campell, Patrick Ford, Austen Bujnoch

RT - Breno Giacomini, Oday Aboushi, Tevon Conrad, Adam Bice. Gasten Gabriel, Davin Morris, Alec Savoie

DE - Muhammad Wilkerson, Leger Douzable, Anthony Grady, Travis Chappelear

NT - Damon Harrison, Kenrick Ellis, Tevita Finau, TJ Barnes, Jeremy Towns

DE - Sheldon Richardson, Kerry Hyder, Zach Thompson

OLB -Quinton Coples, Garrett McIntrye, IK Enemkpali, Jermaine Cunningham, Darryl Cato-Bishop

ILB - Demario Davis, Jerimiah George, Troy Davis, Nick Clancy

ILB - David Harris, Nick Bellore, Steele Divitto, Zach Gentry(moving from FB?)

OLB - Calvin Pace, Jason Babin, Antwan Barnes, Trevor Reilly, Tim Fugger, AJ Edds, Nick DiMarco,  Shaun Richardson

CB - Dee Milliner, Darrin Walls, Dexter McDougle, Brandon Dixon, Jeremy Reeves, Ademola Olatunji

CB - Dimitri Patterson, Kyle Wilson, Ellis Lankster, Johnny Patrick, Ras-I Dowling, Lowell Rose, Tevrin Brandon, Nick Taylor, EJ Whitley, Winston Longdon, LaQuan Lewis

SS - Dawan Landry,Antonio Allen, Rontez Miles, Christian Thompson

FS -Calvin Pryor, Jaiquawn Jarrett, Josh Bush, Brandon Hardin, Ahmad Black, Chris Poston

K - Nick Folk, Mike Palardy (also P), Anthony CanteleAndrew Furney, Carson Wiggs

P - Ryan Quigley, Brian Saunders, Tom Hornsey Drew Butler, Jacon Schum

LS - Tanner Purdam, Scott Albritton, Kyle Stettler

IR: Dexter McDougle, Jermaine Cunningham, Shaq Evans

I will add the stiffs.  You missed some and I like keeping track of the nobodies, 128-style

Okay that is the official roster.  It still needs some tweeking as far as depth charts for the stiffs, and who is strong/free safety, which OLB, and which DE backs up which.  Those roles are different, but it is basic enough for now.  Some of these guys are probably listed wrong - Anthony Grady may belong behind Coples, Conrad might belong at G.  Bice might be G or C.  Schlauderaff might be at G. For the time being I tried to lump the WR into short and tall and same with the CBs. My color blindness not helping me with this format!  Apparently Green isn't cut, but his 25 is gone to Pryor and Richardson is taking 35.

Thx for adding the jags. Also forgot to add the 3 special team players in K, P, LS. Placing them aside it would be interesting to predict the remaining 50 who will make the 53 man roster. It's also realistic for all 12 picks to make the team unless you just flax out suck through camp/preseason.

Ben Ijalana will make this team over Aboushi, if it comes to that. Also keep an eye on Qvale

Not that Aboushi has done anything but what exactly has Ijalana brings to the table for you to make such a statement? Not trying to argue or debate as I don't know much about the two to really comment. But I do know Iiajana is going to his 4th year and Aboushi only in his second. If it's a tie the edge is definitely going to Idzik second year 5th round pick I would assume.

Not that Aboushi has done anything but what exactly has Ijalana brings to the table for you to make such a statement? Not trying to argue or debate as I don't know much about the two to really comment. But I do know Iiajana is going to his 4th year and Aboushi only in his second. If it's a tie the edge is definitely going to Idzik second year 5th round pick I would assume.

Ijalana was 49th overall in 2011.   The Colts supposedly had him penciled in to start as a rookie. He had a run of injuries/bad luck and ended up having 5 surgeries in his first few years in the league.  He supposedly played very well in the 2013 preseason, PFF supposedly had him graded out pretty highly.  I checked, 15th overall at T in the 2013 preseason.  I'm sure they would prefer Aboushi, he is cheaper and signed longer, but there is plenty of reason to believe that Ijalana is the superior prospect.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/6580/ben-ijalana

And we also need a backup Center. None of our Gs can play it as they're all converted to G whether from Tackle or from DT (Campell). So no need to make it harder on them to make them versatile.

I'm not sure why you think this.  They have gone the last 3 years with Schlauderaff.  Why the rush to upgrade now?  FWIW, they must like Freeman to some extent and some of the others are potential development centers. 

Ben Ijalana will make this team over Aboushi, if it comes to that. Also keep an eye on Qvale

txs.  how many o-lineman do teams normally dress on game day ? 7 ? 8 ?   

don't teams usually keep an inside guy who can cover LG,C,RG, and an outside guy who can play LT and RT ?   

in your opinion can Ijalana play LT and RT ?

is the idea for Dozier to grow into the swing tackle ?

I'm so confused, I need an 0-line rundown, lol

It's a work in progress There's a long way to go before it's all sorted out.  Playing more than one position is a big positive, and there's a lot of guys vying for a few spots. It's gonna fun to see what happens.

txs.  how many o-lineman do teams normally dress on game day ? 7 ? 8 ?   

don't teams usually keep an inside guy who can cover LG,C,RG, and an outside guy who can play LT and RT ?   

in your opinion can Ijalana play LT and RT ?

is the idea for Dozier to grow into the swing tackle ?

I'm so confused, I need an 0-line rundown, lol

teams usually dress 7 and while they can do the split you've described, it's also becoming popular to do 1 sub at the 4 non center positions and 1 sub just for center. The Jets don't use a whole lot of the swing tackle as a jumbo TE in the Marty Morn era, but that also becomes a consideration.  

as for the Jets,  I believe Ijalana could do a better job of swing tackle than Aboushi. Aboushi honestly was dreadful last season and he could get cut. Dozier is probably just a guard (winters also played tackle in college). The backup center situation is far from locked down, the Raff could easily lose his job this preseason. The Jets might carry 10 but I don't know how  Aboushi, Campbell or Dozier get active on game day. 

teams usually dress 7 and while they can do the split you've described, it's also becoming popular to do 1 sub at the 4 non center positions and 1 sub just for center. The Jets don't use a whole lot of the swing tackle as a jumbo TE in the Marty Morn era, but that also becomes a consideration.  

as for the Jets,  I believe Ijalana could do a better job of swing tackle than Aboushi. Aboushi honestly was dreadful last season and he could get cut. Dozier is probably just a guard (winters also played tackle in college). The backup center situation is far from locked down, the Raff could easily lose his job this preseason. The Jets might carry 10 but I don't know how  Aboushi, Campbell or Dozier get active on game day. 

txs !   I had no idea teams were using one of 2 subs for center, but I guess it makes sense since centers make the calls

I think Dozier is going to be all guard all the time, but I have read some draft reports that considered him a candidate for RT.

If I was Dozier and I looked at this depth chart, they would have a hard time getting me to play anything other than Guard.  :)

I'm not sure why you think this.  They have gone the last 3 years with Schlauderaff.  Why the rush to upgrade now?  FWIW, they must like Freeman to some extent and some of the others are potential development centers. 

Dalton Freeman played good last year he got hurt early in preseaon  mike devlin is really high on him too. i would mark him down to make the final roster

Looking at this shows how weak our WR corps is. Besides Decker, who is more of a possession receiver, we have not upgraded the WR position whatsoever. Really disappointing.

:sign0182:

When you have to note an exception for the team adding the best player they now have at the position, it kind of negates your argument.  That's even if we accept your premise that the 4 other draft picks / FAs brought in (obviously not counting UDFAs) are all destined to be no better than their predecessors.

My guess

Qb- Geno, Vick, Simms------------PS Boyd

RB- CJ, Ivory, Powell, Richardson

FB- Bohanon

WR- Decker, Hill, Kerley, Saunders, Evans, Nelson, (Ford gets cut)--------- PS. Enunwa

TE- Amaro, Cumberland, Pantale. ( don't know anything about him, but assuming he's a blocking TE) can't have Sudfield and have 3 of same players. If Pantale isnt a strong blocker look for them to sign a FA.

T- Ferguson, Gioncomi, ijalani/ Aboushi----I favor Ijalani, loser goes to PS

G- Winters, Colon, Dozier.----------------- PS Campbell

C- mangold, Freeman. (they give up on Schlauderaff IMO)

DE- Wilkerson, Richardson, Douzable

NT- Harrison, Ellis

OLB- Coples, Pace, Barnes, McIntyre, Reilly.--------------- PS. Enkapali

ILB- Harris, Davis, George, Bellore

CB- Milliner, Patterson, Wilson, Walls, McDougle, Lankster------------PS Dixon, Dowling?

S- Pryor, Landry, Allen, Jarrett, Bush

K- Folk

P- quigley----hopefully we get someone better

LS- Purdum

Not sure if Dowling or Salas are eligible for PS though

Can we sticky this?

Max stickied it ages ago.  Stickies don't show at the top if you just hit "new content"

A color Key would be helpful.  I think  Black on roster last season, Red is Free agent signing, green is a player aquired via the draft. 

What do the colors blue and gold represent?

My post is the the 3rd in the thread and the most complete as far as roster.  It may be the worst as far as an actual depth chart.  I am legit red-green color blind and tried to use the color code that LAD started with.  The green/gold may just be me using the wrong color.  The black is last year's roster, the red (or green or whatever) was FA acquisitions, the other draft picks. I added the blue for try-out players from the rookie camp.  I think I will go and swap the blue for the draft picks and cross out the try-out guys - they signed two, both of whom were on the Pats at some point Zucevics and Edds.  I've been busy and ****ed up my back, so I haven't had a chance to make it more legible.   

Max stickied it ages ago.  Stickies don't show at the top if you just hit "new content"

My post is the the 3rd in the thread and the most complete as far as roster.  It may be the worst as far as an actual depth chart.  I am legit red-green color blind and tried to use the color code that LAD started with.  The green/gold may just be me using the wrong color.  The black is last year's roster, the red (or green or whatever) was FA acquisitions, the other draft picks. I added the blue for try-out players from the rookie camp.  I think I will go and swap the blue for the draft picks and cross out the try-out guys - they signed two, both of whom were on the Pats at some point Zucevics and Edds.  I've been busy and ****ed up my back, so I haven't had a chance to make it more legible.   

Thanks and I hope your back feels better.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Archived