Dion Jordan

SenorGato

Already rumored in trade talks a year after going 3rd overall. Doesn't fit what the Dolphins want to do, but his size and versatility might have some uses in Rex's system. Athleticism seems to compliment Coples. 

6. Dion Jordan, DE/LB, Dolphins: Jordan has been connected to Graham in trade talks that reportedly went nowhere between the Eagles and Dolphins. Whether it's true or not, there is persistent speculation in league circles that Jordan is available for the right price because new general manager Dennis Hickey doesn't value him nearly as high as former boss Jeff Ireland did. It doesn't help that Jordan remains without an obvious position in the Dolphins' 4-3 defense.

Potential landing spots: Eagles, Colts, Jets, Saints, Titans

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...ade-candidates

What could it cost? 

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Better, I guess?

You're one of the three self appointed leading scientists here! We need more than a guess, man! Damn you, damn you to hell. 

So say...5th round pick...not happening...but too high/too low? 

Rex could prolly turn him into Terrell Suggs, tbqh 

What of the world between Suggs and nothing? Surely a scientist such as yourself is forced to acknowledge it exists when conducting your research...

I'd say the in-division price is the only thing that really makes him uninteresting. Like with a ton of players, better idea if he's cut free. 

You're one of the three self appointed leading scientists here! We need more than a guess, man! Damn you, damn you to hell.

So say...5th round pick...not happening...but too high/too low?

What of the world between Suggs and nothing? Surely a scientist such as yourself is forced to acknowledge it exists when conducting your research...

I'd say the in-division price is the only thing that really makes him uninteresting. Like with a ton of players, better idea if he's cut free.

Considering the fact that every player to come into the Rex Ryan Jets program never develops beyond what they were on the day they entered said program, I'd say that it's a reach that Rex can fix anyone's career

Considering the fact that every player to come into the Rex Ryan Jets program never develops beyond what they were on the day they entered said program, I'd say that it's a reach that Rex can fix anyone's career

Sheldon Richardson anyone?

Yea Damon Harrison and Demario Davis suck

There is no way Dion Jordan gets unloaded for a 5th round pick. The fins will looks for at least a 3rd round pick for Jordan. Also, the cap implications of taking this player are severe, he was the #3 pick so the salary is huge...you don't want to do this trade...

LL

Lol at "fact."

Who's left the Rex Ryan Program and done better elsewhere? The problem here for years has been the lack of talent coming in, not the inability to develop it. Tell me again about the awesome job Bill Parcells did with such luminaries as Farrior (who only became a player after he left the Jets), Terry, Boose, and Frost - to name a few. Rex squeezed six sacks out of Aaron Maybin, for god's sake.

That run-stuffing defensive end picked at #13 overall whom he turned into a run-stuffing defensive end?

Come on now.

You come on.

Rex took #13 and produced the DROY. Farrior was taken #8 and had his best year as a Jet under Herm Edwards five years later.

Keep moving those goal posts, though. I know Big Bill gets graded on a curve.

You come on.

Rex took #13 and produced the DROY. Farrior was taken #8 and had his best year as a Jet under Herm Edwards five years later.

Keep moving those goal posts, though. I know Big Bill gets graded on a curve.

You don't really want to compare Bill Parcells to Rex Ryan either as coaches or franchise builders. It's like comparing Mike Martz to Bill Walsh.

You don't really want to compare Bill Parcells to Rex Ryan either as coaches or franchise builders. It's like comparing Mike Martz to Bill Walsh.

I want to compare his ability to develop talent on the Jets. How did he do? He ran his own drafts and developed sh*t iirc. If that's not the case, please enlighten me.

This refrain of yours about Rex not developing talent is nonsense, especially when compared to your hero.

I want to compare his ability to develop talent on the Jets. How did he do? He ran his own drafts and developed sh*t iirc. If that's not the case, please enlighten me.

This refrain of yours about Rex not developing talent is nonsense, especially when compared to your hero.

Rex put the team into the ground within four years. Parcells put a team together that made Herm look competent for years after he was gone.

Rex put the team into the ground within four years. Parcells put a team together that made Herm look competent for years after he was gone.

And not a single one of the players that he left Herm were developed by him.

Not Rex, Tannenbaum. Bad drafts, bad contracts, and bad trades did this team in.

The problem here has ALWAYS BEEN the lack of talent brought in, not the development of said talent. The blame for that falls at the feet of the former GM, Mike Tannenbaum. Something you agreed with -strenuously- until the day he got fired, and then you irrationally transferred all of your complaints about Tanny to Rex.

Idzik, to his credit, drafted almost as many players this year (12) as Tannenbaum did in Rex's first three years as head coach (13). Hard to develop talent when your entire draft class consists of Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene, and Matt Slauson.

8-8 with last year's roster was nearly miraculous. Very few coaches could've won that many games with that team. Give Rex Vinny Testaverde (or even Chad Pennington) and we're not having this discussion.

Not Rex, Tannenbaum. Bad drafts, bad contracts, and bad trades did this team in.

The problem here has ALWAYS BEEN the lack of talent brought in, not the development of said talent. The blame for that falls at the feet of the former GM, Mike Tannenbaum. Something you agreed with -strenuously- until the day he got fired, and then you irrationally transferred all of your complaints about Tanny to Rex.

Idzik, to his credit, drafted almost as many players this year (12) as Tannenbaum did in Rex's first three years as head coach (13). Hard to develop talent when your entire draft class consists of Mark Sanchez, Shonn Greene, and Matt Slauson.

8-8 with last year's roster was nearly miraculous. Very few coaches could've won that many games with that team. Give Rex Vinny Testaverde (or even Chad Pennington) and we're not having this discussion.

Ye Olde Rex As Victim Of Evil Forces Canard.

If Rex develops Kyle Wilson, or Sanchez, or Coples, or Antonio Allen, or anyone, then there's no need to overpay veteran talent and trade draft picks for Cromartie, or to hand Bart Scott $40 mil. He's victimized only by his own incompetence. One of the features he supposedly came here with was his alleged reputation as a teacher. That's turned out to be an urban legend.

Archived