Revis acting like a douche

Matt39

There's a difference between "now I'm on the Patriots" and "right now I'm on the Patriots" and it was a slip on his part. "Now" means this is where he's endedup; "right now" means this is where he's ended up temporarily for this season.

I don't think this is douche-like. It's what he is; a guy whose goal is to make as much as he can for his career. If he wants to bet on himself, that's fine by me. He's forgoing more guaranteed money for maximizing his earning potential every season. If he stays healthy (and is great again) then he can make a lot more. If he gets seriously injured again this year he'll make a lot less. He's taking on the risk himself so I can't fault a guy for wanting different things out of his career than casual fans want for other peoples' life choices.

But he's a 1-year quick fix, not a guy you can build a team around, since he may or may not be on the team the following season. We were not shopping for a 1-year fix for a quick SB run like New England (or Denver or select others).

I agree with this and considering the fact that both sides knew what this deal was all about going into it, I don't really see a problem with this, even as much as I hate both the Pats and Revis.  I still think Revis is a scumbag, and that's because how he handled his situation with the Jets was worlds different than this, but opting to sign a short term deal is simply betting on himself plain and simple.  Nobody ever really thought the Pats were going to keep him around next year with a $25 million cap hit, so it's hardly a shocker Revis expects to be gone after this year.  That said, I also think Revis has been quite overrated (although still a very good player) ever since his 2009 season.

Archived