Eagles minicamps: Mark Sanchez struggles

BurnleyJet

IIRC, Tebow was in for like 40 offensive snaps in 2012.  That works out to 2.5 a game.  Not sure how that equates to every second down when Sanchez threw over 450 balls, but hey, I'm not a math major. 

453 pass attempts is just the start.  Then add in the sacks he took (34). Then add in the times he either had planned runs or made a gain instead of a sack (15). Then the # of times he handed the ball off (425x, give or take):

Sanchez = neighborhood of 930 snaps from center.  

Not to mention that after week 10 Tebow rarely saw the field on offense. Like in the buttfumble game, unless someone has the entire game memorized otherwise, the numbers suggest Tebow never touched the ball on offense. 

• Replies 113
  • Created
  • Last Reply

453 pass attempts is just the start.  Then add in the sacks he took (34). Then add in the times he either had planned runs or made a gain instead of a sack (15). Then the # of times he handed the ball off (425x, give or take):

Sanchez = neighborhood of 930 snaps from center.  

Not to mention that after week 10 Tebow rarely saw the field on offense. Like in the buttfumble game, unless someone has the entire game memorized otherwise, the numbers suggest Tebow never touched the ball on offense. 

Yeah, yeah, yeah and at least three of Tebow's snaps came out of punt protect.  I know the pass to Bellore, and a couple of runs - Miami worked, St Louis didn't. Poor Sanchez, set up to fail by having extra first downs from punt formation!

I never disliked Sanchez, just thought he was a bad QB. I hope he makes it with the Eagles. He has some rust because he hasn't played for an entire year. Hope he bounces back.

Exactly. It's 6 first rounders in 5 years on D, but in 2009 they picked Sanchez. They probably screwed up counting Richardson and Milliner like they were in different years.

I never disliked Sanchez, just thought he was a bad QB.

I don't get this.  Shouldn't you dislike Sanchez BECAUSE he was a bad QB for us?  What redeeming qualities did he provide for you? 

It's like the people who liked Pennington despite his failures.  People said he was a good guy (he wasn't) and that he was a warrior (also untrue) so that means it was OK to like him. 

Does not compute.

(There.  Sanchez and Pennington in the same post.  You're welcome, Max.)

Chad Pennington- BAD guy.

You guys have some tough standards, I tell ya.

The Chad Pennington is a "bad guy" thing is a overly dramatic counterargument to the whole, "he's the kind of guy you'd want to marry your daughter" thing that was trumpeted around the boards for some time.

The Chad Pennington is a "bad guy" thing is a overly dramatic counterargument to the whole, "he's the kind of guy you'd want to marry your daughter" thing that was trumpeted around the boards for some time.

Former pro athlete with his sh*t together....could probably do worse.

Former pro athlete with his sh*t together....could probably do worse.

Perhaps... Still a disingenuous dude who never took accountability for anything... And the you want him to marry your daughter was just really weird.

I got love for both. Chad did suck after 2002, though. He had the one bizarre press conference...but all in all he wasn't a bad dude.

I think he was a bad guy in the way that a politician is. Image conscious, self aggrandizing, full of sh*t con artist.. He was a phony and certain Jets fans lapped it up

Whoever said Vick isn't a bad guy though is out of their tree though. Outside of child abuse, I can't think of many things more disturbing then torturing animals

I think he was a bad guy in the way that a politician is. Image conscious, self aggrandizing, full of sh*t con artist.. He was a phony and certain Jets fans lapped it up

Whoever said Vick isn't a bad guy though is out of their tree though. Outside of child abuse, I can't think of many things more disturbing then torturing animals

Chad wasn't here long enough for me to hate him that much. Yeah he was a bit scripted will give you that. Pretty much all QB's are now. You have to be.

Chad wasn't here long enough for me to hate him that much. Yeah he was a bit scripted will give you that. Pretty much all QB's are now. You have to be.

Scripting implies stock, safe answers.. Chad had that, but he also actively pushed the he's a great guy narrative, even when lying through his yellow teeth.

Scripting implies stock, safe answers.. Chad had that, but he also actively pushed the he's a great guy narrative, even when lying through his yellow teeth.

How did he actively push he was a great guy? Maybe I just forget.

Chad sucked, but the organization was a mess back then. Herm was the bigger problem when it came to accountability.

He was with the Jets for 8 years and 6 as a starter (although most of those were partial seasons for a variety of reasons).  I'm curious, regardless of your opinions of the guy (and I'll avoid getting into mine and starting that whole argument again), how is that not long enough?

He was with the Jets for 8 years and 6 as a starter (although most of those were partial seasons for a variety of reasons). I'm curious, regardless of your opinions of the guy (and I'll avoid getting into mine and starting that whole argument again), how is that not long enough?

Should have said he didn't play enough. He sat the first two years and 1/4th of year 3 and then was always hurt.

Sanchez was far more destructive as a player after his second year.

How did he actively push he was a great guy? Maybe I just forget.

Chad sucked, but the organization was a mess back then. Herm was the bigger problem when it came to accountability.

Meh, that I don't buy.  Don't get me wrong, Herm was absolutely horrendous and endlessly talked out of his ass, but Chad never once took accountability for anything.  One of the things I hated most about Chad was no matter how pathetically awful of a performance he had, we all had to hear him praise his performance and ramble on after the game about how he wouldn't change anything but "one or two plays", even when he led to the offense to a whopping 3 points or threw 5 INTs.

He was with the Jets for 8 years and 6 as a starter (although most of those were partial seasons for a variety of reasons). I'm curious, regardless of your opinions of the guy (and I'll avoid getting into mine and starting that whole argument again), how is that not long enough?

It's funny how all Q.B threads eventually someone always brings up the C word.

Should have said he didn't play enough. He sat the first two years and 1/4th of year 3 and then was always hurt.

Sanchez was far more destructive as a player after his second year.

Ah, fair enough.  Although I never bought that being used as a defense for any player, which some folks definitely tried to do for Chad.  If someone can't stay on the field, that itself is a giant red flag.

Meh, that I don't buy. Don't get me wrong, Herm was absolutely horrendous and endlessly talked out of his ass, but Chad never once took accountability for anything. One of the things I hated most about Chad was no matter how pathetically awful of a performance he had, we all had to hear him praise his performance and ramble on after the game about how he wouldn't change anything but "one or two plays", even when he led to the offense to a whopping 3 points or threw 5 INTs.

I don't see how him saying he sucked and his arm sucked would have made him better of a guy. He knew he was damaged goods once the shoulder went. The organization should of and could have cut the cord. The guys on the team always defended Chad too. Cotchery and Coles both lived him.

It's funny how all Q.B threads eventually someone always brings up the C word.

Because there's still Jets fans out there who inexplicably use him as the benchmark against which all Jets QBs are measured, which is immediately followed by responses from others who want to throw something through their monitor when they see such things said.  This will never change.  At least not until the Jets find themselves a legitimate QB.

Meh, that I don't buy. Don't get me wrong, Herm was absolutely horrendous and endlessly talked out of his ass, but Chad never once took accountability for anything. One of the things I hated most about Chad was no matter how pathetically awful of a performance he had, we all had to hear him praise his performance and ramble on after the game about how he wouldn't change anything but "one or two plays", even when he led to the offense to a whopping 3 points or threw 5 INTs.

I Don't like Chad either but Herm was famous for throwing everyone under the bus. I think Herm was worse from an accountability standpoint, but at the least they were equal.

I Don't like Chad either but Herm was famous for throwing everyone under the bus. I think Herm was worse from an accountability standpoint, but at the least they were equal.

Who cares who was worse?  They both sucked...

He was with the Jets for 8 years and 6 as a starter (although most of those were partial seasons for a variety of reasons).  I'm curious, regardless of your opinions of the guy (and I'll avoid getting into mine and starting that whole argument again), how is that not long enough?

Meh, that I don't buy.  Don't get me wrong, Herm was absolutely horrendous and endlessly talked out of his ass, but Chad never once took accountability for anything.  One of the things I hated most about Chad was no matter how pathetically awful of a performance he had, we all had to hear him praise his performance and ramble on after the game about how he wouldn't change anything but "one or two plays", even when he led to the offense to a whopping 3 points or threw 5 INTs.

Ah, fair enough.  Although I never bought that being used as a defense for any player, which some folks definitely tried to do for Chad.  If someone can't stay on the field, that itself is a giant red flag.

Because there's still Jets fans out there who inexplicably use him as the benchmark against which all Jets QBs are measured, which is immediately followed by responses from others who want to throw something through their monitor when they see such things said.  This will never change.  At least not until the Jets find themselves a legitimate QB.

Oh yeah?  Well... Doug Brien!

Shhh shhh shhh it's not your fault.  Just make fun of Pac for liking both Chad and Sanchez.  It'll be all right.

Shhh shhh shhh it's not your fault.  Just make fun of Pac for liking both Chad and Sanchez.  It'll be all right.

I've been a bit of a ghost around here for a while, so between a (relatively) quiet day at work and a thread discussing both Sanchez and Penny, it seemed like as good of time as any to do some catching up.

I've been a bit of a ghost around here for a while, so between a (relatively) quiet day at work and a thread discussing both Sanchez and Penny, it seemed like as good of time as any to do some catching up.

So all it takes to pull you away from work is to mention Chad Pennington?  Makes sense.

it's crazy, right?   Sanchez is either delusional or has just been coddled for so long that he actually believes his own BS.   

I think Sanchez likes being the star but football stopped being fun for him when it became a job.   He likes to play around and joke around but he doesn't have the work ethic to be an NFL QB.    He actually reminds me a lot of Joey Harrington and I could see him either on the bachelor or in the Fox College Football studio within 2 years.

I remember reading sop stories about how he was the last guy out of the locker room blah blah blah,. but there were also those anonymous reports that he was not a hard worker at all. Nobody dared put a name to it while he was under Rex and Tanny's protection. If he did work as hard as they said, he would have been better by default.

Without going into detail here, outside of Jets/football stuff, in everyday life Pennington is an arrogant, obnoxious douchebag who talks to regular folks like they're beneath him.

Archived