Stop telling me to get an iPhone

Maxman

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Talk of politics and religion on many message boards are usually verboten, but it's funny how Mac vs. PC or Mac vs. Samsung can be just as venomous. 

That being said, I love my Mac and my iPhone. And Apple TV. And Airport Extreme. 

I think the key to any one of these brands is to use one brand across the board. Google. Microsoft. Samsung. Mac. All the devices can sync to each other. No hiccups. 

The only two things I asked of you in this thread is 1) to not personally attack others and 2) to not tell others to STFU.

That isn't asking a lot of you.

Yeah, and I'm not ignoring your request.

My response was about you accusing me of always being confrontational. Never mind that though, it doesn't fit the script. ;)

Yeah, and I'm not ignoring your request.

My response was about you accusing me of always being confrontational. Never mind that though, it doesn't fit the script. ;)

You're being confrontational right now. Lmao

I got an ipad recently as a gift and I hate it so far. It's just stupid how I have to sign in for every app I download even if it's free.

I haven't met a tablet I like. For me it's basically a useless step between my phone and laptop.

I also hate that you have to sign in for every download, it's a bad user experience.

Talk of politics and religion on many message boards are usually verboten, but it's funny how Mac vs. PC or Mac vs. Samsung can be just as venomous.

That being said, I love my Mac and my iPhone. And Apple TV. And Airport Extreme.

I think the key to any one of these brands is to use one brand across the board. Google. Microsoft. Samsung. Mac. All the devices can sync to each other. No hiccups.

I currently own an iPhone and 4 of my 10 most used apps are Google. I've got fairly good synchronization between all my Apple devices and Apple and Google services

I currently own an iPhone and 4 of my 10 most used apps are Google. I've got fairly good synchronization between all my Apple devices and Apple and Google services

I'm assuming Google Chrome is one the the apps you are using. Chrome is a great browser, works well across platforms.

I'm assuming Google Chrome is one the the apps you are using. Chrome is a great browser, works well across platforms.

Without question.

Chrome, Google+ Hangout, Gmail app, and Google Maps are easily top 10 on my phone. I use the native email app for all my outlook crap from work, and gmail for my personal accounts. Safari and Apple's map/ gps suck.

I say if I get permabanned for 4 years screwing with g.o.b.

Ape should get at least 30 days for telling Max stfu.

Wait did he tell me to STFU? I thought that was directed at someone else, lol.

I have a blackberry Q10.  Love it in general but especially love it for the business aspect of it......the ease of of navigating through multiple email accounts, the native blackberry travel app, physical keyboard, battery last almost 1.5 days sometimes, etc. Doesnt measure up against droid and apple with apps obviously, but I am not in need of many apps so it suits me well. Also have an ipad so that fills any void that i may be missing from my phone.

If I was going to separate from BB i would definitely go to a droid galaxy. 

I have a blackberry Q10. Love it in general but especially love it for the business aspect of it......the ease of of navigating through multiple email accounts, the native blackberry travel app, physical keyboard, battery last almost 1.5 days sometimes, etc. Doesnt measure up against droid and apple with apps obviously, but I am not in need of many apps so it suits me well. Also have an ipad so that fills any void that i may be missing from my phone.

If I was going to separate from BB i would definitely go to a droid galaxy.

In other words, it performs well for what you want to do with it.

Which we all know is impossible because global sales numbers and stuff.

It gets the job done with no problems along the way which is all I ask for in a phone.

Sorry,....I'm not following, whats impossible? The phone performing well?

It gets the job done with no problems along the way which is all I ask for in a phone.

Sorry,....I'm not following, whats impossible? The phone performing well?

According to Lizzie's logic, yes. The phone cannot meet your expectations or perform well because it doesn't out-sell the competition.

According to Lizzie's logic, yes. The phone cannot meet your expectations or perform well because it doesn't out-sell the competition.

Being relentless isn't the same as being right.  You have a point, but the idea that everybody should just shut up because "the phones do what the owners want" is silly.  We can't discuss which is better?  When there are huge price differences and often differences in the service you can get?  No, somebody has an IPhone and is happy and someone else has a Galaxy and smiles, so all debate is off!  How does somebody starting with a clean slate decide?  Like when I came back from overseas, I went with an android because of the price difference.  They all do more than I need.  I honestly know zero people that have a blackberry that wasn't given them through work and I think stugotz provided the first positive review. 

Being relentless isn't the same as being right.  You have a point, but the idea that everybody should just shut up because "the phones do what the owners want" is silly.  We can't discuss which is better?  When there are huge price differences and often differences in the service you can get?  No, somebody has an IPhone and is happy and someone else has a Galaxy and smiles, so all debate is off!  How does somebody starting with a clean slate decide?  Like when I came back from overseas, I went with an android because of the price difference.  They all do more than I need.  I honestly know zero people that have a blackberry that wasn't given them through work and I think stugotz provided the first positive review. 

Neither one of them were making sense..

I didn't tell "everybody to shut up", I did suggest that the energy put into rehashing the same argument be instead channeled into outcry for better product. If you think I was "relentless" then I guess my behavior here at least aligned with my suggestion. Put the passion into the RIGHT aspects of how to measure these devices against each other. 

I also suggested that if you want to bicker about which is "better", then define better. You yourself are even suggesting potential variables to define "better", in bold, as I did in throughout the thread. Lizzie attempted to make the argument that "global sales = better", and I offered a much more relevant and accurate context for defining "better" which is to define the user goals, then measure how well the device meets them. This, weighed against cost, coverage, support, life span, total cost of ownership, etc. does WAY more to define which is better... 

IF you want to compare devices based on specs, then you can do that. However, that is just hardware specs... it is NOT performance, and the industry tries to package and sell specs as performance, which is wrong. The completion of tasks, the way you want to complete them.... THAT is performance.

I didn't tell "everybody to shut up", I did suggest that the energy put into rehashing the same argument be instead channeled into outcry for better product. If you think I was "relentless" then I guess my behavior here at least aligned with my suggestion. Put the passion into the RIGHT aspects of how to measure these devices against each other. 

I also suggested that if you want to bicker about which is "better", then define better. You yourself are even suggesting potential variables to define "better", in bold, as I did in throughout the thread. Lizzie attempted to make the argument that "global sales = better", and I offered a much more relevant and accurate context for defining "better" which is to define the user goals, then measure how well the device meets them. This, weighed against cost, coverage, support, life span, total cost of ownership, etc. does WAY more to define which is better... 

IF you want to compare devices based on specs, then you can do that. However, that is just hardware specs... it is NOT performance, and the industry tries to package and sell specs as performance, which is wrong. The completion of tasks, the way you want to complete them.... THAT is performance.

You may have Integrity, but if you keep up the iPhone kick , you will certainly lose your dignity.

Integrity is actually an iPhone app that looks for words on the internet and then posts the exact opposite of those words.  Which in turn creates more words.  Look for this app on iTunes.  It can not be found in Google Play for obvious reasons.  :)

Integrity is actually an iPhone app that looks for words on the internet and then posts the exact opposite of those words.  Which in turn creates more words.  Look for this app on iTunes.  It can not be found in Google Play for obvious reasons.   :)

Just in Fudge.

• 3 months later...

Archived