I feel a tremor in the Force,,,,Big year for Jets coming (MERGED)

SouthernJet

A tremor in the force is typically a bag thing. So are the Jets the Jedi? Would that make Rex, Yoda?

Rex was Jabba. Now he's more like Admiral Ackbar in the head neck area... Also, cause thinking anything positive about the Jets =

It's a trap!

Geno becomes a top 20 QB

CJ2k stays fresh and regains a bit of old form

Hill blossoms into above average receiver

Winters learns to block

Milliner becomes an island

Paterson/Mcd stay healthy and effective

Wilson learns to turn his head gets 3 ints

Hey you never know, but if god favors the Jets and makes this fantasy list come true then I need to add

Decker invites me over for some beers and lets me drill his wife for a few hours.

I smell 6 wins. It stinks bad but the odor is unmistakable. With Vick we have a chance but if Rex blindly sticks to geno kiss season goodbye

I dont think they took the Bad Press risk of Vick to have him sit. If they thought he was a pure backup with his PR nightmare baggage I think we would have passed. I think Jets feel he wins job in camp, but of course he cant suck in camp, he has to semi-win job.

I dont think they took the Bad Press risk of Vick to have him sit. If they thought he was a pure backup with his PR nightmare baggage I think we would have passed. I think Jets feel he wins job in camp, but of course he cant suck in camp, he has to semi-win job.

I think this is wishful thinking for people who hate Geno. All the evidence suggests otherwise, including the words coming straight from Mike Vick's mouth: this isn't an open competition.

The only way Vick starts the season -and it's a long shot- is if he absolutely blows Geno away in training camp, to the extent that everyone watching at home can see he's clearly better. If Vick only semi-wins the job, Geno gets the nod.

I think this is wishful thinking for people who hate Geno. All the evidence suggests otherwise, including the words coming straight from Mike Vick's mouth: this isn't an open competition.

The only way Vick starts the season -and it's a long shot- is if he absolutely blows Geno away in training camp, to the extent that everyone watching at home can see he's clearly better. If Vick only semi-wins the job, Geno gets the nod.

Probably right Rex too loyal he should ruthlessly send the kid to the bench if Vick is .001% better. World needs ditch diggers too

Probably right Rex too loyal he should ruthlessly send the kid to the bench if Vick is .001% better. World needs ditch diggers too

Rex is the lightening rod, but I guarantee you John Idzik is behind the scenes pushing for Geno. There's a hierarchy in the Jets' front office, and Rex would have to get Idzik's permission to start Vick.

Rex is the lightening rod, but I guarantee you John Idzik is behind the scenes pushing for Geno. There's a hierarchy in the Jets' front office, and Rex would have to get Idzik's permission to start Vick.

that narrative died last year

Putting aside whether you should even keep a coach you don't trust to make sit/start decisions, I don't think idzik is as married to geno as we think. Remember Flynn/Wilson in Seattle--idzik wasn't "the man" there but he had to have taken something from that experience. Sometimes you just have to trust the eye test like carol did with Wilson and harba ugh with kaepernick

Putting aside whether you should even keep a coach you don't trust to make sit/start decisions, I don't think idzik is as married to geno as we think. Remember Flynn/Wilson in Seattle--idzik wasn't "the man" there but he had to have taken something from that experience. Sometimes you just have to trust the eye test like carol did with Wilson and harba ugh with kaepernick

And in both of those examples, the regime in question went with the player they drafted. You can bet the Jets are also leaning very heavily that way, and for good reason. Vick is a known commodity, and not particularly promising. He's injury and turnover prone, not necessarily in that order. Geno still has that untapped potential factor. It's significantly better for the franchise if Geno is the better QB, and the people running the alleged competition all know that. If the competition is anywhere remotely close, it's that factor that will tip the scale towards Geno.

And in both of those examples, the regime in question went with the player they drafted. You can bet the Jets are also leaning very heavily that way, and for good reason. Vick is a known commodity, and not particularly promising. He's injury and turnover prone, not necessarily in that order. Geno still has that untapped potential factor. It's significantly better for the franchise if Geno is the better QB, and the people running the alleged competition all know that. If the competition is anywhere remotely close, it's that factor that will tip the scale towards Geno.

If it is close, it should be geno. I was kidding with the .0001 percent better thing. And it should be for the reasons you list. However knowing how this team is able to make farts out of perfume, i know they will screw the pooch and do something ridiculous like choose geno overa vasty and obviously superior vick. Just know they going to bungle this somehow.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived