2014 World Cup - Brazil

Jetsfan80

94 was the year soccer has arrived. We're still waiting. If the US wanted to get better they'd be way more strict on citizenship. It's the only way they're going to get better.

It arrived in 1994 and improved dramatically in 2002.  We beat rival Mexico 2-0 in the knockout phase before falling 1-0 to a loaded German team.  The world took notice then even if you didn't.

And after big success at the 2009 Confederations Cup, we won our group that included England in 2010.  And this year we had our most dominant run in our time in CONCACAF.  Mexico was supposed to be in the middle of a "Golden generation" but we spoiled the party and won the Hexagonal with ease.

Clearly you haven't been paying any attention whatsoever.

• Replies 772
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It arrived in 1994 and improved dramatically in 2002. We beat rival Mexico 2-0 in the knockout phase before falling 1-0 to a loaded German team. The world took notice then even if you didn't.

And after big success at the 2009 Confederations Cup, we won our group that included England in 2010. And this year we had our most dominant run in our time in CONCACAF. Mexico was supposed to be in the middle of a "Golden generation" but we spoiled the party and won the Hexagonal with ease.

Clearly you haven't been paying any attention whatsoever.

85% of the Mexican team should be playing for the US anyways.

I'll watch soccer every 4 years. There just isn't an interest for it. Soccer fans seem to be very defensive for whatever reason.

85% of the Mexican team should be playing for the US anyways.

I'll watch soccer every 4 years. There just isn't an interest for it. Soccer fans seem to be very defensive for whatever reason.

Because people who only watch every 4 years make ridiculously inaccurate statements.  Saying we haven't improved since 1994 is 100 % false, and the results have played out as such, even if you're only looking at WC results.  The 1994 team finished 3rd in its group.  The 1998 team had a dip, finishing last in the group, but the 2002 team reached the final 8.  The 2010 team won its group.  The current team is ranked 14th in the world by FIFA.  The trend is upwards.

Christiano Ronaldo practiced for 15 minutes yesterday before leaving with an ice pack on his knee.

http://www.theguardian.com/football/2014/jun/12/world-cup-2014-cristiano-ronaldo-limping-off

World Cup 2014: Cristiano Ronaldo makes Portugal sweat after limping off
• Concern grows after Real Madrid forward cuts short training
• Tendinitis in left knee thought to be cause of his discomfort

361a3427-e3d4-421f-80c2-138e18e88868-460

Cristiano Ronaldo cut short a training session with Portugal on Thursday, and was forced to leave the field with an ice pack over his left knee indicating that his tendinitis may still be bothering the Real Madrid forward.

Ronaldo trained with the rest of the team for about 15 to 20 minutes, doing physical exercises, but then did not take part in the rest of the session with full ball drills. Instead, the 29‑year‑old stretched on his own and signed replica shirts for fans before going to sit on the bench.

The former Manchester United talisman has been bothered by injuries to his left leg in the lead-up to the World Cup, and was on the sidelines for two weeks with tendinitis in the knee and a thigh problem.

The Portugual midfielder João Moutinho said there was nothing to worry about concerning Ronaldo’s health.

“Ever since he started to train with us he has been 100% like the rest of us,” Moutinho said. “Everything is fine with him but there is some caution, not only with him. Today many other players were using ice as well. There is nothing to worry about. The ice is normal after training.”

Portugal kick off their Group G campaign on Monday teatime when they take on Germany in Salvador.

Well Spain ****ed up my bracket :/

That bullsh*t style has finally been exposed in club soccer the last few years and they just aren't as young or talented anymore. I expected Spain to do worse than people expected but that was a thumping I didn't see coming.

Aside from the refereeing it's been a fantastic start to the tournament.

As Panzer said that RVP header was glorious. Every nail that goes into the Tika-Taka coffin makes me smile, but that was especially class. Perfect ball and incredible awareness and execution from RVP.

With De Gea as keeper that would have been a different game. Casillas was ******* terrible, which he has been for a while. 

Aside from the refereeing it's been a fantastic start to the tournament.

As Panzer said that RVP header was glorious. Every nail that goes into the Tika-Taka coffin makes me smile, but that was especially class. Perfect ball and incredible awareness and execution from RVP.

With De Gea as keeper that would have been a different game. Casillas was ******* terrible, which he has been for a while. 

He looked pretty great in the Champions League. I think it was against Borussia Dortmund but one of those game he had was unreal. 

He looked pretty great in the Champions League. I think it was against Borussia Dortmund but one of those game he had was unreal. 

Yeah I think remember that.

He was dropped for them in the League though. It was a ****ed up system they had. 1st choice in the cups, 2nd choice in the league. Mourinho had dropped him altogether the season before. He's been declining for a while.

De Gea is much better. 

This has been an amazing World Cup thus far. Italy/England was brilliant. Rooney was sh*t as I knew he would be. Hope to **** Van Gaal ****s him out the door next season. 

Yeah I think remember that.

He was dropped for them in the League though. It was a ****ed up system they had. 1st choice in the cups, 2nd choice in the league. Mourinho had dropped him altogether the season before. He's been declining for a while.

De Gea is much better. 

This has been an amazing World Cup thus far. Italy/England was brilliant. Rooney was sh*t as I knew he would be. Hope to **** Van Gaal ****s him out the door next season. 

No draws yet either. Which is incredible. The next 24 hours are gonna be great. Messi, then Germany/Portugal, then the U.S.

Archived