PFF: Jets rank among bottom third in talent

F.Chowds

Im telling you guys, this team is going to win 12-13 games this year.

That said, take Rex away as HC, and this team may be a 3-5 win team. That is how valuable Rex is. It is absolutely mind boggling that there is a real Jet fan alive that does anything other than worship the ground that Rex walks on.

• Replies 135
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No. And now that I think about it everything will always be a distant second to the PSLs Appreciate narrative.

can't win em all. But it's nice of you to remember my failures. I'll check in the next time i need to feel like crap 

When all is said and done I think he will get a real one. the question is whether it's here or somewhere else. He's an excellent coach that this forum craps all over, for no real reason other than looking for someone to hit. 

No reason?  So, not making the playoffs for 3 straight years isn't a reason?  Ultimately, the Rex praise that goes on here is as ludicrous as the Rex hate.  In the end, he's probably what his record says he is... he's ok.

This sounds about right. All of this I based on last year. It doesn't seem like they're projecting growth or improvement. By next year, this will be very different.

I actually agree with you for once. 

Mark Sanchez, holder of many road playoff Jets record wins trophies is in a battle for a back up job and got no reported offers to start. Which is strange with all those jets leading road playoff trophies.

A tribute to Rex Ryan's coaching abilities.

Being the best Jets coach does not make you a good coach.

you said he is what his record says he is. Anything over .500 is good in this league. 

as for Sanchez if we aren't giving him credit for the wins, Rex gets the credit. 

Bobby Ross, pre-parity, went to the Super Bowl with Stan Humphries

I remember that day vividly.  My friend, an old Air Coryell fan almost dislocated his shoulders squeezing into a Kellen Winslow (Sr.) jersey that he had since he was 12.  Rice scored in under a minute and with 10 plus left in the quarter it was 14 nothing and he couldn't get out of that jersey for the entire debacle. 

*TRIVIA QUESTION* does anybody know who the kicker was for that Niner team?  

Further research shows why I think signing reject old vets can hurt.  That team drafted Tony Martin in the 5th round.  They cut him and kept Chris Burkett and JoJo Townsell.  Folks that is how you work your way to a 1-15 roster.

I remember that day vividly. My friend, an old Air Coryell fan almost dislocated his shoulders squeezing into a Kellen Winslow (Sr.) jersey that he had since he was 12. Rice scored in under a minute and with 10 plus left in the quarter it was 14 nothing and he couldn't get out of that jersey for the entire debacle.

*TRIVIA QUESTION* does anybody know who the kicker was for that Niner team?

Further research shows why I think signing reject old vets can hurt. That team drafted Tony Martin in the 5th round. They cut him and kept Chris Burkett and JoJo Townsell. Folks that is how you work your way to a 1-15 roster.

DOUG BRIEN

No reason?  So, not making the playoffs for 3 straight years isn't a reason?  Ultimately, the Rex praise that goes on here is as ludicrous as the Rex hate.  In the end, he's probably what his record says he is... he's ok.

I am not a rex fluffer by any means, but it seems to me you are talking out of both sides of your mouth a bit.

Anyone who thinks Sanchez is as bad as you do has to give Rex a lot more credit then you are. 

Dragging the crap we've had at QB along to a +.500 record is nothing to sneeze at, and I can't think of any other team with similar production at QB that hasn't been picking top 10 year in and year out.

Archived