Rex is horrendous

jgb

• Replies 518
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good stuff,, I cant find all the cool Sperm photoshops of Herm,,they were great

I remember making so many of those, from the BBQ one to Flavor Flav to Mount Turdmore to Ronald McDonald.  I don't think I have most of them anymore. I'm sure they're still on the JN servers somewhere, but you'd have to find the posts.

Carroll had the balls to bench a high-priced free agent to play a tiny third-round pick; the Packers picked Aaron Rodgers at #24 with Brett Favre still on the roster; Payton is a QB guru. Rex started Mark Sanchez for four years without once entertaining the idea of challenging him.

So to recap, Carroll is brilliant for not starting a QB who is so talented he proceeded to be on 4 different rosters over the course of last year, McCarthy gets credited for a QB who was drafted before he showed up in GB (he was actually OC of the team who took Smith over Rodgers at the time), and Payton is apparently responsible for a QB who was already a Pro Bowler before he got to NO.  Intriguing.

I remember making so many of those, from the BBQ one to Flavor Flav to Mount Turdmore to Ronald McDonald.  I don't think I have most of them anymore. I'm sure they're still on the JN servers somewhere, but you'd have to find the posts.

i liked the one with the grill of hamburger patties and crossed hot dogs called "herm's x's and o's"

So to recap, Carroll is brilliant for not starting a QB who is so talented he proceeded to be on 4 different rosters over the course of last year, McCarthy gets credited for a QB who was drafted before he showed up in GB (he was actually OC of the team who took Smith over Rodgers at the time), and Payton is apparently responsible for a QB who was already a Pro Bowler before he got to NO. Intriguing.

No, I think those organizations ended up with those QBs because God smiled upon them while continuing to give the Rex the Job treatment.

i know in my heart of hearts the jets are gonna get hosed this year, i'm just not sure in which manner. i have narrowed it down to two:

Screwjob #1: Vick handily wins starting job, starts season on a tear but gets hurt, geno comes in and is geno and we are left to wonder what might have been

Screwjob #2: Jets ignore Vick's superior off-season/pre-season performance and start geno, he sh*ts bed but jets wait too long to pull him, vick comes in jets go on a hot streak only to fall short because of the deep hole geno put us in.

No, I think those organizations ended up with those QBs because God smiled upon them while continuing to give the Rex the Job treatment.

If only Jesus and the media and the interstate highway system and rural electrification and the law of gravity and foreign investment banks would stop screwing Rex.

they were great but the simplest and best cuase it was so to the point was the BBQ one LOL

i know in my heart of hearts the jets are gonna get hosed this year, i'm just not sure in which manner. i have narrowed it down to two:

Screwjob #1: Vick handily wins starting job, starts season on a tear but gets hurt, geno comes in and is geno and we are left to wonder what might have been

Screwjob #2: Jets ignore Vick's superior off-season/pre-season performance and start geno, he sh*ts bed but jets wait too long to pull him, vick comes in jets go on a hot streak only to fall short because of the deep hole geno put us in.

I have been saying 2015 is the year. Seattle followed same rebuild plan. Year 2 saw 8 or 9 wins but 2nd half improvement. 2014 if things fall right could be decent year for Jets. But we need no horrid bad luck as in past.

you catch more jets fans with vinegar than honey

So true...dont get it though.  Never have.  You think you'd be used to it by now. 

And now they finally have a great head coach and people cant see it.  Bizzare fan base, thats for sure.

So true...dont get it though.  Never have.  You think you'd be used to it by now. 

And now they finally have a great head coach and people cant see it.  Bizzare fan base, thats for sure.

Its off season post generation,,come on, you more than most should see that :)

He is being sarcastic thinking he's the funniest poster on the site. but you, like almost everybody else but himself do not think its funny and dont get it.

I think I still have all of them along with the mod forum favorites from the winter 2007-2008 lol but my photobucket is set to private. Jerk

ouch (plus I thought you and I were funniest posters)  ;)

I miss when you and jgb had your stalkers dinobot and the rest attacking you in the lounge and we had  green machine as special guest moderator. you remember that?

I miss when you and jgb had your stalkers dinobot and the rest attacking you in the lounge and we had  green machine as special guest moderator. you remember that?

i remember dinobot getting canned as a mod from TGG and coming over here in a rage blaming me and SJ :rl:

And how is this post meant to somehow bring validity to your assinine stance crediting other HCs for crap they had little to do with?  It's sad that every day even more of this board becomes too spineless to even attempt to defend their own positions.

And how is this post meant to somehow bring validity to your assinine stance crediting other HCs for crap they had little to do with? It's sad that every day even more of this board becomes too spineless to even attempt to defend their own positions.

Well, ok.

1. The idea that Rex would give Russell Wilson the chance to beat out Sanchez is LOL territory.

2. No one credited McCarthy with picking Rodgers.

3. The Saints have Brees because they were smart.

Point being, in response to the original post, those teams didn't luck into any of those QBs. If the poster wanted an example of a coach lucking into a QB, he should have pointed toward Brady.

Well, ok.

1. The idea that Rex would give Russell Wilson the chance to beat out Sanchez is LOL territory.

2. No one credited McCarthy with picking Rodgers.

3. The Saints have Brees because they were smart.

Point being, in response to the original post, those teams didn't luck into any of those QBs. If the poster wanted an example of a coach lucking into a QB, he should have pointed toward Brady.

Why not? There are reports that Rex wanted to draft him but Tanny shot it down and then inexplicably traded for Tebow. 

2. The Saints have Brees because they were smart.

Rex babied Sanchez and treated him like his son. He never changelled him with true competition, totally handed him the job and we never once rained the guy in. Not good when your starting QB pouts when he walks off the field with his head down and go sits on the bench by himself. Never once said me or I, was always we when assigning blame. I believe Rex would have played Sanchez over Brady if brady was an unknown. THe man is cluess when it comes to offensive talent. Watch hard knocks last week, I wanted to puke with the John Connor crap and seeing mcknight play like crap and woodhead doing everything right but you could tell Rex had no intention of keeping woodhead. Thankfully, we have Idzik, not Rex's butt boy Tanny making those deicsions. Sickening

The dolphins passed on Brees and took Duante Culpepper instead because of knee concerns. But so what, if Rex was the saints head coach, you think brees and the saints  would have been just as successful? Hell no, he had a qb friendly, offensive smart hc in sean payton. Rex is QB killer, not just the other team, our team. MM was the best move Rex has ever made.

Max pays my son and I for post counts generated. We need the cash ;)

You mean I've been carrying this board for free all these years?

Good point. But drunken stupidity should get this much attention.

p.s. Just bumped into a Jets fan favorite, Kyle Brady.  He was at the same lunch spot I was...he's a mountain of a man.

Archived