Top 20 Jets on the Roster - There will be no arguing with this list.

nj meadowlands

I think Coz does this around this time every year...but because it's June 10 and we're all bored as hell, here is my list.  This was a LOT more fun to do with this roster than last year's!  Again, the list is final.

1. Muhammad Wilkerson, DE

2. Nick Mangold, C

3. Sheldon Richardson, DE

4. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT

5. Damon Harrison, DT

6. Eric Decker, WR

7. David Harris, LB

8. Nick Folk, K   --- KICKERS!!!

9. Jeremy Kerley, WR

10. Chris Ivory, RB

11. Dmitri Patterson, CB

12. Geno Smith, QB

13. Dee Milliner, CB

14. Willie Colon, G

15. Quinton Coples, OLB

16. Michael Vick, QB

17. Leger Douzable and Kenrick Ellis, DT --- same dude, right?

18. Demario Davis, LB

19. Chris Johnson, RB

20. Bilal Powell, RB

Just missed:  Dawan Landry, Calvin Pace, Breno Giacomini.

A few notes...

- With respect to the top 5, I couldn't care less what PFF says.  That's how I see 'em.

- Pretty evident to see a bit of Idzik roster building, as a lot of these guys wouldn't have been on last year's edition.

- No rookies allowed on this list, but I could easily see both of our top 2 picks this year in the top 10 next year.

- Go Jets

- The list is final

• Replies 108
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Coz does this around this time every year...but because it's June 10 and we're all bored as hell, here is my list.  This was a LOT more fun to do with this roster than last year's!  Again, the list is final.

2. Nick Mangold, C

3. Sheldon Richardson, DE

4. D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT

5. Damon Harrison, DT

6. Eric Decker, WR

7. David Harris, LB

8. Nick Folk, K   --- KICKERS!!!

9. Jeremy Kerley, WR

10. Chris Ivory, RB

11. Dmitri Patterson, CB

12. Geno Smith, QB

13. Dee Milliner, CB

14. Willie Colon, G

15. Quinton Coples, OLB

16. Michael Vick, QB

17. Leger Douzable and Kenrick Ellis, DT --- same dude, right?

18. Demario Davis, LB

19. Chris Johnson, RB

20. Bilal Powell, RB

Just missed:  Dawan Landry, Calvin Pace, Breno Giacomini.

A few notes...

- With respect to the top 5, I couldn't care less what PFF says.  That's how I see 'em.

- Pretty evident to see a bit of Idzik roster building, as a lot of these guys wouldn't have been on last year's edition.

- No rookies allowed on this list, but I could easily see both of our top 2 picks this year in the top 10 next year.

- Go Jets

- The list is final

Thanks, Idzik!

If this was a top rated QBs from his one and only year of playing football, he'd be 39th out of 41, but when a Jet fan makes a list, Geno Smith magically becomes almost mediocre.

a jet fan is sitting in a lifeboat having just barely made it off the titanic. everyone is in shock and crying over their lost loved ones. the jets fan stands up and says, "come on guys, but wasn't the food amazing?!"

How in the world does Bilal Powell make this list but arguably the best SAM LB in all of football with 10 sacks last year "just missed the list"? 

Bowell deserves it more than half those names but Pace should be in there.  Agreed.

Remove the kicker put Pace in there.  He's a ******* kicker.

jets offensive MVP

Powell?  Makes sense.  He led the team in yards from scrimmage, was 2nd in receiving and was money in a couple of games on the ground.  Guys just a good all around Football player.  Rex has done a hell of a job developing him.

Bowell deserves it more than half those names but Pace should be in there.  Agreed.

Remove the kicker put Pace in there.  He's a ******* kicker.

Na, Folk had a probowl type year last year. Bilal isn't even a starter. I can't believe that what Calvin pace provides isn't better than 176 carries for 697 yards and 1 TD. And I'm not discrediting Bilal, coming off the bench and avg. 4 yards per carry is vital. Im just saying that given Calvin's role in the defense doesn't lend itself to 10 sacks in a season. thats pretty impressive. 

Even if Bilal stays on the list which would be cool, the maker on the list is seriously telling me that Calvin Pace isn't better than Leger or Kendrick in their limited roles? Kendrick even lost his job to Damon Harrison. Calvin Pace should have made this list somehow. 

Na, Folk had a probowl type year last year. Bilal isn't even a starter. I can't believe that what Calvin pace provides isn't better than 176 carries for 697 yards and 1 TD. And I'm not discrediting Bilal, coming off the bench and avg. 4 yards per carry is vital. Im just saying that given Calvin's role in the defense doesn't lend itself to 10 sacks in a season. thats pretty impressive. 

Even if Bilal stays on the list which would be cool, the maker on the list is seriously telling me that Calvin Pace isn't better than Leger or Kendrick in their limited roles? Kendrick even lost his job to Damon Harrison. Calvin Pace should have made this list somehow. 

He's a kicker.

Powell led the team in yards from scrimmage and was the 2nd leading receiver on the team.  For a team with zero offense, his production was probably more valuable than what Pace provided.  Hard to verify either or...but thats my thought.

He's a kicker.

Powell led the team in yards from scrimmage and was the 2nd leading receiver on the team.  For a team with zero offense, his production was probably more valuable than what Pace provided.  Hard to verify either or...but thats my thought.

His production sounds good until we come back down to earth and realize that this is the anemic Jets offense we're talking about here. It wasn't like that feat was too damn hard to achieve lol. But I dont want to sound like I'm saying Powell doesn't deserve to be on the list, I just feel that if you have a pro bowl type season, even as a kicker on such a team then you deserve to be on the list. If you're the best in the league at what you do though there's no stat can give you credit you still deserve to be on this list like Calvin Pace. 

His production sounds good until we come back down to earth and realize that this is the anemic Jets offense we're talking about here. It wasn't like that feat was too damn hard to achieve lol. But I dont want to sound like I'm saying Powell doesn't deserve to be on the list, I just feel that if you have a pro bowl type season, even as a kicker on such a team then you deserve to be on the list. If you're the best in the league at what you do though there's no stat can give you credit you still deserve to be on this list. 

folk is out most talented offensive player in 2013 measured against his peers. sad but true

I'd go with this.  Not that anyone cares:

2.  Eric Decker, WR (+4 spots compared to OP's rankings)

* Best FA WR on the market, has been WR1-level productive with three very different QB's in his career. 

3.  Sheldon Richardson, DE

4.  Nick Mangold, C (-2)

5.  Damon Harrison, DT

6.  D'Brickashaw Ferguson, OT (-2)

7.  Chris Ivory, RB (+3)

* Despite mediocre OL play still had 4.6 ypc.  We've complained for years about RB's who only take what the OL gives them.  Ivory gives us more.  Only reason he isn't higher is he can't catch passes.  Guess what:  Neither can Marshawn Lynch.  Not a problem there.

8.  Jeremy Kerley, WR (+1)

* Offense showed a marked decline when he wasn't in the lineup.  I'm excited to see how he fares this season with Decker on the outside.

9.  Dee Milliner, CB (+4)

* Sure, this ranking is more on potential rather than overall body of work, but If you can handle yourself against Josh Gordon, you're a top 10 player on this roster.  His physical tools are off the charts; he merely needs time at the 2nd hardest position on the field behind QB.

10.  Demario Davis, LB (+8)

*  Not sure why Davis was so low on the other guy's rankings.  Captain of the defense with sideline to sideline speed. 

11.  Kyle Wilson, CB (+10)

* He's gotten killed here but has become a vital performer against slot guys who have become insanely difficult to handle in today's NFL.

12.  Breno Giacommini, RT (+9)

* Huge upgrade in the run-blocking department over Austin Howard.  We'll finally be able to run to the right side with success this year.

13.  David Harris, LB (-6)

* Completely one-dimensional player who once got outrun by Alge Crumpler.  Yes, this is still relevant today.

14.  Quinton Coples, LB (+1)

* It's simple.  With his hand in the dirt he should be higher on this list.  When he's not, he's lower.  But definitely still a top 15 guy on raw talent alone.

15.  Chris Johnson, RB (+4)

* Finally, a capable pass-catching back with some moves and a little speed.  Yes, he's on the decline, but as a RBBC member, he's better than most # 2's out there.

15.  Calvin Pace, OLB (+6)

* Still wins battles at the point of attack.  Was definitely overpaid by this team when he first came here, but is actually a very underrated rotational guy at his currently salary.

16.  Leger Douzable, DT (+1)

* No, not the same guy as Kenrick Ellis.  He's better.

17.  Bilal Powell, RB (+3)

* With injury prone Ivory and aging Chris Johnson ahead of him, he's still an important piece to the puzzle.  There's something to be said for the poor man's Curtis Martin types who do all things at at least an average level and stay healthy, especially at this position on the field.

18.  Geno Smith, QB (-6)

* The incumbent performed OK in the final 4 games of the season and showed some ability to win games on his own during the season.  Granted, those games in which he played a big part in winning were ones against poor defenses, but he belongs on this list nonetheless.  Just not at # 12.

19.  Kenrick Ellis, DT (-2)

20.  Willie Colon, G (-6)

Honorable Mention/Jury's Out:  Jace Amaro, TE (A guy can dream we have a real TE for once, no?); Calvin Pryor, S

Not making the cut:  Michael Vick, QB (dead to me AND terrible); Nick Folk, K (Dude, kickers)

Archived