Chiefs release Brandon Flowers

Newyorkgiants10

If he had a bad year and still made the pro-bowl then I wonder what a good year would look like.  I'm certainly no expert but it would seem like this guy would be a fit, no?  We have the cap room, the need, and a coach who loves CBs.

http://www.gubta.com/the-new-york-jets-reach-out-to-brandon-flowers/

Thanks T0m

Interesting to find out that a trade was attempted and Idzik nixxed it.  If he ends up signing Flowers, could it be that Idzik is the geniousest GM that has ever existed?

IT just may turn out that Idzik's stand pat and be patient approach may produce results after all.  Flowers would be a nice addition IMO. At minimum someone with plenty of starting experience to challenge the young bunch we have now. 

The New York Jets Reach Out to Brandon Flowers

By Scott Salmon  @ScottSalmon48 on Jun 14 2014, 9:26a 118

20140125_kkt_al2_098.0_standard_709.0.jp
Kirby Lee-USA TODAY Sports

Erika Esola, who if you recall was spot on about the visit from Chris Johnson and his salary, has some more information today about the New York Jets:

From speaking to Erika, she's said that the market is obviously much more saturated for Flowers than it was for Johnson, yet the team remains a front runner at this point in time. They have the cap space and the positional need, so there's obviously a fit.

The Jets have already reached out to Brandon Flowers, per local source. Chiefs - Jets tried to work out a trade in May but Idzik said no.

So from what I have gathered, expect Flowers to work out with the Jets this week. Also heard the Dolphins are interested in bringing him in.

As I said yesterday, the team should seriously look into signing Flowers, and it appears they are. There are many valid concerns about Flowers, whether he can revert to his top form, and whether he can survive in Rex Ryan's scheme. However, he would still be far and away the best cornerback on the roster, and I trust that Ryan can adapt his scheme to fit Flowers' skill set.

Idzik is really working the management side of things. Instead of trading for him, Idzik seemed to have realized the situation wasn't going to work itself out and instead took a chance of picking him up as a free agent without having to lose anything in a trade. This guy is quickly becoming the best GM the Jets ever hired imo just based off of his decision making.

http://www.gubta.com/the-new-york-jets-reach-out-to-brandon-flowers/

Thanks T0m

Interesting to find out that a trade was attempted and Idzik nixxed it.  If he ends up signing Flowers, could it be that Idzik is the geniousest GM that has ever existed?

the trend these days seems to be to wait out the other GM and see if a player gets released.

if he lands flowers, it will be nice insurance. and super fun to destroy stoic, lol

I get what you're saying but being 5 ft 9 didnt stop the guy from becoming a pro bowler. I would take a chance on him seeing as how iffy our cornerback situation is, he would immediately become a starter for us.

I would def kick the tires, but he needs a little reality check at the same time.  he lost his job to a street FA, and a team with CB needs dumped him

They run a simlier style on man coverage in KC and he was terrible last year. One of the worst CB's in the league. If he's cheap then fine. Our CB situation is a mess right now. Our #1 is a guy who was benched several times and was awful for the first 14 games. Our #2 and 3 are very uproven. Rookie FS and rookie DB's usually struggle big time. Not comforting at all

Archived