Goodson released.

BroadwayJets

Jets release RB Mike Goodson

June 18th, 2014 12:38 pm

The Jets announced on Wednesday that they have released RBMike Goodson with the “left team” designation.

GM John Idzik said the Jets gave Goodson “ample opportunity” (Martin, June 18).

Goodson had been a no-show during Jets Minicamp, and head coach Rex Ryan said Tuesday that the situation would be dealt with.

In addition to not being present at the team’s mandatory minicamp, Goodson also failed to show up for any of the Jets’ OTA’s.

While Goodson was rehabbing an injury and dealing with legal issues, his absence was unexplained.

Goodson’s agent offered no excuses, saying that his client needed to learn to communicate better.

Goodson was suspended for the first four weeks of last season after being arrested on drug and weapon charges, returned in Week Five, and suffered a season-ending injury to his knee in Week Six.

With Goodson now off the roster, the Jets will likely turn to some combination of Chris Johnson, Chris Ivory, and Bilal Powell at RB.

How are Tom Shame and Stoic Entry going to spin this on to fit their anti-jet bias? The rich cimini and manish mentha of JN.

i am offended my anti-jets bias didn't make the cut in your post

if he was a defensive player he would've been given another chance

We have 4 other runningbacks that arguably can preform better than him that don't take up 2.3million, also the other 4 don't miss practices and get into off the field trouble. Just an overall bad idea to keep the guy on the team

T0m and stoic are JN's pancreatic and brain cancers, respectively.

You're melanoma. Undoubtedly bad, but not as devastating as those other two.

darn i was hoping you'd say i was JN's hemmrhoids

I'm a homer, actually. I just don't like Idzik.

Which ultimately leads you to whine about absolutely everything the team does, essentially removing you of any so-called homer designation.  Regardless of the reason, nobody complains about this team these days more than you do.

Archived