Foundation of Pettine's anger/bitterness (ingame issues)

SouthernJet

All the playbook stuff is really a red herring to the real issue here at play.

Most scribes will tell you that Rex/Pettine, once best buds, are barely talking now after the 2012 fall-out.

What was that? 

Many of you know, but some may not.

There were the clubhouse mole to Manish stories which may be true or not, but if they are, it also goes back to 'the foundation of anger'.

In both Rex called play initially, but in 2011 and 2012 as a sign of support and building his resume (not just Rex's lapdog), Rex allowed Pettine to make the Defensive calls/sets during the game.

In both cases, our D was making some bad adjustments, 3rd down snafu's etc, and Rex took playcalling back mid-season. In both cases, the Jets D performed better under Rex's ingame playcalling.

This not only infuriated/embarrased Pettine, but showed him he would never be able to polish his resume w/Jets.

He took Bills job and many folks felt even if that job wasnt there he would have gone college route just to leave Rex.

Carry on :)

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pettine just came out with comments even if true you do not say. He should be talking about his team and not about what happened with the Jets

agree, his anger/bitterness still festers to point he does illogical things.

It takes a lot of anger to break up best friends.

Most scribes will tell you that Rex/Pettine, once best buds, are barely talking now after the 2012 fall-out.

What was that? 

There were the clubhouse mole to Manish stories which may be true or not, but if they are, it also goes back to 'the foundation of anger'.

In both Rex called play initially, but in 2011 and 2012 as a sign of support and building his resume (not just Rex's lapdog), Rex allowed Pettine to make the Defensive calls/sets during the game.

In both cases, our D was making some bad adjustments, 3rd down snafu's etc, and Rex took playcalling back mid-season. In both cases, the Jets D performed better under Rex's ingame playcalling.

This not only infuriated/embarrased Pettine, but showed him he would never be able to polish his resume w/Jets.

He took Bills job and many folks felt even if that job wasnt there he would have gone college route just to leave Rex.

But I thought Rex would rather sink the team than upset someone he likes. Read it on this very website.

I also heard here that Pettine was the adult + brains in the room for the Jets.  

He totally looks mature & brilliant here.

Guy got a job as a defensive coordinator right away - and I'm sure it came with Rex's glowing recommendation - and then got a HC job a year later.  No one cares or remembers much that he got the defensive playcalling taken away.  I mean, we remember but no one gives a crap.  He had a total clean slate as a head coach.  Look what the "grownup" does with it before his first summer.  Manages to piss off a HOF coach (however much I dislike him) and his friend/mentor who gave him a chance in his life that no one else would or could.

What a complete friggin' baby.

He's an ungrateful bastard who was the stem of all rumors and lockerroom turmoil.  Rex made him who he is and then he sh*ts on him? 

He sucks, Rex pulled play calling duties from him and the defense improved drastically.

He will fail in Cleveland miserably.

Prolly just mad he doesnt get to hang with rex anymore

I dunno what his problem is. I never thought that Pettine was just plain stupid stupid, but here we are. The playbook beef is totally disingenuous and serves no purpose save to make a guy who is already basically universally regarded as a fool look marginally more foolish.

But I thought Rex would rather sink the team than upset someone he likes. Read it on this very website.

I also heard here that Pettine was the adult + brains in the room for the Jets.  

He totally looks mature & brilliant here.

Guy got a job as a defensive coordinator right away - and I'm sure it came with Rex's glowing recommendation - and then got a HC job a year later.  No one cares or remembers much that he got the defensive playcalling taken away.  I mean, we remember but no one gives a crap.  He had a total clean slate as a head coach.  Look what the "grownup" does with it before his first summer.  Manages to piss off a HOF coach (however much I dislike him) and his friend/mentor who gave him a chance in his life that no one else would or could.

What a complete friggin' baby.

couldnt have said it better. the fact rex looked best friend in eye and removed ingame duties 2 years in a row and then after 2012 season, said, I'm callin plays in 2013 shows that he can when needed put team before buddies etc

I dunno what his problem is. I never thought that Pettine was just plain stupid stupid, but here we are. The playbook beef is totally disingenuous and serves no purpose save to make a guy who is already basically universally regarded as a fool look marginally more foolish.

Yeah. He was asked a fairly straightforward question and gave a long and bizarrely controversial answer. There's clearly something personal there. Or maybe he's just a redass, I dunno.

Maybe he's just kind of a dick? He also essentially called Jenkins a moron in the same interview.

WOuld suggest all of you read the book. Already posted part of it regarding Rex's drinking buddy Weeks. Another thing-Pettine grew angry to the point of rage about the Schitty offense and Ryan's failure to do much about it.Ryan and Johnsoin probably agreed to this after a good season and had no idea how bad a portrait it is of almost everyone involved. Even Pettine, who clearly grew very friendly with the author.Pettine does owe a lot to Ryan. He was a high school coach and teacher who Rex gave a chance to by interning with the Ravens to cut game film. Pettine basically destroyed his 1st marriage by raiding his retirment account to pay bills when he ditched the teacher job to work full time for almost nothing with the Ravens. He did so without telling his wife. The scene painted herein in the aftermath of a dominant defensives game vs. Tebow's Broncos and the offrense doing nothing seems to have come close to blows, the Jints Victor Cruz Christmas Eve game a replay.   

-http://www.amazon.com/Collision-Low-Crossers-Turbulent-Football/dp/0316196797/ref=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1403285496&sr=1-2&keywords=davidoff%2Cnicholas

Not for nothing guys, but Pettine assistanted his way to 2 back to back AFC championship games. Y'all need to recconize he's single-handedly responsible for the greatest era most of us have seen as Jet fans.

couldnt have said it better. the fact rex looked best friend in eye and removed ingame duties 2 years in a row and then after 2012 season, said, I'm callin plays in 2013 shows that he can when needed put team before buddies etc

BOOM!

But seriously, "Rex favors buddies" = bad. Meanwhile, Pettine's career path has been largely dictated by Rex favoring him, as one of his buddies. 

Pettine sounds like a twat.

Not for nothing guys, but Pettine assistanted his way to 2 back to back AFC championship games. Y'all need to recconize he's single-handedly responsible for the greatest era most of us have seen as Jet fans.

uhhhh, you realize Rex called the ingame D plays in 2009-2010.

Pettine then bellyached, Rex gave him ingame duties 2011/2012 (and in both cases had to remove and we improved at same time. Then told Pettine I am handling calls in 2013, no more chances,)

So Rex was in charge of ingame D calls for the 2 playoff seasons.

uhhhh, you realize Rex called the ingame D plays in 2009-2010.

Pettine then bellyached, Rex gave him ingame duties 2011/2012 (and in both cases had to remove and we improved at same time. Then told Pettine I am handling calls in 2013, no more chances,)

So Rex was in charge of ingame D calls for the 2 playoff seasons.

lol, really?

Gonna be hysterical watching Manziel in a Super Bowl and Jets fans saying that Pettine got lucky.

That would be hysterical. Hopefully the patient in the bed next to you enjoys the game as well.

What was that? 

I heard that Rex was giving out his playbook.........like candy! 

Candy%2520Crush%2520Saga-2-PROHP.NET.png

Gonna be hysterical watching Manziel in a Super Bowl and Jets fans saying that Pettine got lucky.

We all know how you feel about Rex, so if you are being honest, and not being the anti-Jet, Mike Petine is a little bit smarter then my 7 year old dog and that's because my dog can't flush. Rex gav that moron the defensive call resonsbilities and he failed misreably and he had to take it back. How this guy got the job, I will never know. I don't have an opinion on Manzziel other then thank god the Jets did go after him like U wanted them to.

Archived