Skinny Rex is in Brazil

Lizard King

He's a millionaire.

Same reason you see Tom Brady & Aaron Rodgers at the Kentucky Derby or other celebrities and coaches and sports stars at finals games and super bowls.   They are rich, they have connections, and they like to be a part of the action.    Many Head Coaches aren't like Rex.   Rex likes to think of himself as a big time celebrity.  And he kind of lives that lifestyle as you always seem to see him at random events.     How many other NFL coaches are seen at random big events all the time?   Rarely.  

I actually like the fact Rex is Rex and if he thinks of himself as a big time celebrity,  then he should do what most celebrities do. They go to things like the World Cup or Super Bowl or Olympics or NBA finals and so on.   If you can do it, why not.

• Thumb Down 1

I see Rex Ryan is taking this nfl offseason seriously to prepare for a playoff season haha yeah right hes not taking anything seriously hes at the world cup instead of finding ways to win.He never has taken anything serious from my perspective. This Jets coaches tenure is just about up if he doesnt get them to playoffs. I wouldnt be suprised if the Jets are looking for a new coach next offseason.

Rex Ryan if he doesnt reach playoffs for a 4th consecutive season then he would of really worn out his welcome.

2 playoff appearences & then 3 consecutive playoffless seasons Rex Ryan shouldnt be the coach. Someone else should be.

Edited by GenoandtheJets
  • Thumb Down 3

I see Rex Ryan is taking this nfl offseason seriously to prepare for a playoff season haha yeah right hes not taking anything seriously hes at the world cup instead of finding ways to win.

On the list of things to rip Rex about, supporting the US national team during the most boring part of the NFL offseason is very low on the list.  There are plenty of other ways to criticize Rex.  I'm a Rex supporter and even I can provide such a list to you. 

Edited by Jetsfan80

I see Rex Ryan is taking this nfl offseason seriously to prepare for a playoff season haha yeah right hes not taking anything seriously hes at the world cup instead of finding ways to win.He never has taken anything serious from my perspective. This Jets coaches tenure is just about up if he doesnt get them to playoffs. I wouldnt be suprised if the Jets are looking for a new coach next offseason.

Rex Ryan if he doesnt reach playoffs for a 4th consecutive season then he would of really worn out his welcome.

2 playoff appearences & then 3 consecutive playoffless seasons Rex Ryan shouldnt be the coach. Someone else should be.hOW

Dude he only coaches the defense. How much preperation does that take? 

Yeah lots you can take issue with Rex but what do you want him doing now- game plan for Oakland three months away?

The Jets have their worst success when they have a lot of time to prepare.  Just look at Rex's record as HC when coming off a bye (1-4).

See, there.  That's a legit criticism.

Edited by Jetsfan80

Yeah lots you can take issue with Rex but what do you want him doing now- game plan for Oakland three months away?

This.  The "off-season" is over.  Training Camp is over a month away.  During the season, coaches work seven days a week.  If he's EVER going to take a vacation/break, THIS is the time to do it.  

Brazil, BBQ. Beaches, WorldCup... I can dig it.   Beats the hell outta Disney World.