Lost my passion for the Jets

use2Jet

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm saying Pace is a last resort at the position and Coples has potential but nothing more.

I'm also far from a "Rex Lover", a better term would be a "Rex is average to above average and good enough to win with if we ever get competent QB play believer".

Sorry, but I disagree that they are awful.

Oh, so you are one of those who believes all Rex has to do is put something under his pillow and the QB fairy will leave Rex a QB?

I get the strategy, I just hope he puts whatever he has to put under his pillow soon, I am getting old.

Wow! You love you some Rexy!

For the record, I am not as high on Parcells as many are, but hiring someone as a HC is different than hiring them for a coordinator. They are a very different skillset.

In his prime, I think Parcells was a very good if not great HC, but I have no reason to believe he would have been a very good DC, as he never had a great Defense without Bellicheck.

I think someone can be a good HC without being a good coordinator, and vise versa.

The Sparano hiring was mystifying, the guy had no qualifications whatsoever to be a OC, and Rexy hired him because he liked the way he syntax sounded. I don't care how bad Sanchez was, Sparano was one of the worst OC's in the history of the league, and was inexcusable.

Hey, just like I am entitled to dislike Rexy, you are entitled to your Rexy love.

lol

What I do love is when people display how little they know about the subjects of their rants.  

Defense was always Tuna's thing. Not only could he have been a very good DC, he was one prior to becoming a head coach (under Perkins), just like Ryan.  You purport to know so much about Parcells yet didn't know his main and original area of expertise was defense, nor that he did a good enough job of it that he then got promoted to head coach.  Really.

The Giants, with Parcells as their DC, had a top 3 defense as early as 1981.  Belichick wasn't promoted to DC until 1985 when the defense had already been established as one of the better ones in the league.  Or was Belichick really the DC, making all the calls for the defense as well, while just carrying the title of linebackers coach? lol

To say Parcells never won (or reached) a superbowl without Belichick would be accurate.  To say he couldn't coach/coordinate a defense without him is ignorant. 

That's who it is? Explains a lot.

Wait, an Afo is a person? I did not understand what he was saying. Is this Afo an incredibly handsome, charming poster who dislikes Rexy? If so, yup, I am an afo.

Wait, an Afo is a person? I did not understand what he was saying. Is this Afo an incredibly handsome, charming poster who dislikes Rexy? If so, yup, I am an afo.

Yes afo was also modest- you sound alike.

Oh, so you are one of those who believes all Rex has to do is put something under his pillow and the QB fairy will leave Rex a QB?

I get the strategy, I just hope he puts whatever he has to put under his pillow soon, I am getting old.

Someone is reading what he wants to. 

lol

What I do love is when people display how little they know about the subjects of their rants.  

Defense was always Tuna's thing. Not only could he have been a very good DC, he was one prior to becoming a head coach (under Perkins), just like Ryan.  You purport to know so much about Parcells yet didn't know his main and original area of expertise was defense, nor that he did a good enough job of it that he then got promoted to head coach.  Really.

The Giants, with Parcells as their DC, had a top 3 defense as early as 1981.  Belichick wasn't promoted to DC until 1985 when the defense had already been established as one of the better ones in the league.  Or was Belichick really the DC, making all the calls for the defense as well, while just carrying the title of linebackers coach? lol

To say Parcells never won (or reached) a superbowl without Belichick would be accurate.  To say he couldn't coach/coordinate a defense without him is ignorant. 

I see nothing in your lol that tells me that Parcells was a good DC.

scratch golfer also with incredible abs ;)

I have incredible abs, but I HATE golf. I think Golf would be a lot more fun if you could throw things at your opponent when they were in their backstroke and yell things at them.

I have a question for you, if you asked Rex what do you need to win next year, do you think he is more likely to answer good QB play or good CB play? He may have other answers, but if we isolate just those two, what do you honestly think he answers? I would say out of those two there is a 95% chance he is more likely to say good CB play. I think Rex honestly believes that too. While he is not the GM, that is a major, major problem from a HC.

So a significant part of your distaste for Rex is his hypothetical answer to your made up question???

Hilarious.

My personl opinion- Rex is a good defensive coach and motivator up to  a point- not proven to me to be a good head coach and all the responsibilities that entail

And they let you moderate on here with that opinion???? Sign me UP!

I have incredible abs, but I HATE golf. I think Golf would be a lot more fun if you could throw things at your opponent when they were in their backstroke and yell things at them.

u can,,u may get a 9 iron up your ass, but u can ;)

So a significant part of your distaste for Rex is his hypothetical answer to your made up question???

Hilarious.

I base my dislike on Rex based on 5 years of watching him as HC of the Jets, that gave me all I need to know that he will never, ever win big with the Jets.

For all you die hard Rex lovers out there, I think the ideal spot for him would be to go to a franchise that has a really good QB in place, and an Offensive system in place. I think he could pull off a Dungy. 

I don't think he is a horrible HC, I just don't think he is good. I used to have a lot more patience for average, but the older I get the less of it I have. 

QB, no doubt about it. None. He understands the importance of CBs to stop the other team's QB, therefore he understands the importance of having a QB, himself. Sanchez sucked (sucks?), but he was Rex's first draft pick as a head coach. They traded up from #19 to #5 to draft him.

Rex and his defensive background gets blamed for every defensive first rounder the Jets take, what about that one?

Sanchez was not merely the first draft pick of the Ryan era.  He was the first TWO draft picks.  That is what he cost.  Plus a starting 3-4 DE in his prime.  Plus a young DB that both teams were then high on.  

Sanchez was not merely the first draft pick of the Ryan era.  He was the first TWO draft picks.  That is what he cost.  Plus a starting 3-4 DE in his prime.  Plus a young DB that both teams were then high on.  

Do you know what they say about excuses?

Right, right, I was mixing them up.  All I remembered was a 7th round WR who did nothing.  But the point still stands; it's my opinion that McKnight was a Ryan pick as a gift to Sanchez.  But it's only an guess of mine, as I don't recall actually hearing or reading anything about Rex being behind the pick at all.

Yeah.  I'm not sure that Rex was the one pushing McKnight, but it makes sense.  I think it is in the Collision Low Crossover book.  They are on record as saying that he pretty much gets a pick every year, so it would make sense. I remember Jordan White because I bet somebody that Gates would have better numbers.  

Actually I put that on the general manager, you know, the guy in charge of player acquisition.

Actually I put that on the general manager, you know, the guy in charge of player acquisition.

OK, cool, so hopefully next year instead of making sure he gets Rexy his DB's, Herman will get him a QB, then we will be all set.

But you wouldn't mean it.  

Well, maybe all of the great arguments on here have convinced me that I was wrong, you know, like:

"Hey man, you suck, Rex is the best, go shoot yourself with a 22 so you don't die and the bullet like, rips you apart and stuff"

and

"Rex is the best, Kotite was so much worse and stuff."

I am f'n sold!

OK, cool, so hopefully next year instead of making sure he gets Rexy his DB's, Herman will get him a QB, then we will be all set.

If Geno sucks, I'm sure they will. This year there was no one worth making the investment in anyway.

If Geno sucks, I'm sure they will. This year there was no one worth making the investment in anyway.

That is good to know that there was no one worth taking this year, I feel better now, thanks. I knew I came to the right message board. My Jet passion is coming back.

Archived