Lost my passion for the Jets

use2Jet

All in all, I think many of our debates here, though hyperbolic, are genuinely positive and good sport. The lack of malice here is what makes this board different.

You mean that most anti Rex posters don't get told to shoot themselves with a 22?

• Replies 306
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All in all, I think many of our debates here, though hyperbolic, are genuinely positive and good sport. The lack of malice here is what makes this board different.

**** you pig

He's also had two winning seasons in five years , should have been one.

Few others have ever reached such God like status among their fan base after doing so little.

Rex is a buffoon, my position is that the odds are better then 50% we end up with a worse coach.

I wanted Rex fired when Sparano was hired. I am for rolling the dice with MM running the offense and Rex running the defense. He's HC in name only.

Give the man a solid offense and this team will be a factor come January

God-like status? LOL, you clearly have no ******* clue what you're blathering on about. You've been here about five minutes and yet spend nearly every post trying to tell everyone else what you have decided this entire board supposedly thinks, and are so completely off the mark in the process.

Rex catches a ton of sh*t around here, and a good bit of quite deserved, but there's also a good bit of the supposed "defense" he gets that is a matter of pointing out the failures in logic caused by the compulsive need for some Jets fans to blame absolutely everything on only one person. It only becomes more comical in your case, when you try to paint some of the board's most notoriously negative posters as "lovers" simply because they opt not to blindly concede to every negative comment. There is actually a middle ground that exists somewhere between mindlessly excusing Rex from any blame for every last thing that has happened since he got here, and inventing reasons to incessantly whine about him for things which have no basis in reality.

If you don't think Rex is the one thing holding us back from a dynasty, you're a Rex Lover who's elevated him to god-like status.

That's because I've only been on this site for a year. Give me a little time.

Larz has a stalker? Seriously?

Nah, he is just having a very hard time with someone coming and saying they don't like his man crush, Rexy. This is a bit of a rough time for him, so he is going to need a strong support system. So I would ask all of his friends to be a shoulder for him to cry on when he feels the need

Rex is a buffoon, my position is that the odds are better then 50% we end up with a worse coach.

I wanted Rex fired when Sparano was hired. I am for rolling the dice with MM running the offense and Rex running the defense. He's HC in name only.

Give the man a solid offense and this team will be a factor come January

I think that is a fair perspective. I also think if this year the offense does not rise to at least the middle of the pack, it is absolutely positively time for Rex to go. Marty is more responsible for Rex's future than Rex.

No.  Because the only way to handle Sanchez well was to not draft him.

You can call that passing on the question if you want, but I simply don't think Sanchez had NFL QB ability.  So, essentially, the Jets could have done a million different things, and Sanchez still would be where he is now, looking fighting for a 2nd string job.

While I agree with the premise that Sanchez was a never will be, that is completely irrelevant to the point that TomShane was making.

A HC is responsible for setting the tone of the team, of the locker room, among many other things. No matter how bad Sanchez would have been, his handling and treatment of Sanchez is proof positive that Rex is absolutely not HC'ing material. Throw in Holmes and I don't see how there is even a shred of doubt about this.

Can you seriously imagine any HC who is considered a all time great, or heck, even a very good HC doing these things? I cannot. Think of guys like Lombardi, Parcells, Gibbs, no F'n way! Then even think of guys like Holmgrem, or Vermeil, again, no F'n way.

Sanchez sucking does not absolve Rex of his fatal flaws as a HC.

To be fair and objective, it seems at least this past year that he has been toned down via Herman, which is a good thing. But it is still my belief that you are either a good HC or you are not. Sure, there are plenty of things you learn on the job, but leadership ability is paramount, and Rex is just not a good long term leader.

While I agree with the premise that Sanchez was a never will be, that is completely irrelevant to the point that TomShane was making.

A HC is responsible for setting the tone of the team, of the locker room, among many other things. No matter how bad Sanchez would have been, his handling and treatment of Sanchez is proof positive that Rex is absolutely not HC'ing material. Throw in Holmes and I don't see how there is even a shred of doubt about this.

Can you seriously imagine any HC who is considered a all time great, or heck, even a very good HC doing these things? I cannot. Think of guys like Lombardi, Parcells, Gibbs, no F'n way! Then even think of guys like Holmgrem, or Vermeil, again, no F'n way.

To be fair and objective, it seems at least this past year that he has been toned down via Herman, which is a good thing. But it is still my belief that you are either a good HC or you are not. Sure, there are plenty of things you learn on the job, but leadership ability is paramount, and Rex is just not a good long term leader.

To start at the end, the Herman nickname is never going to catch on.  Maybe go back to the well on that one.

Second, it is not at all irrelevant.  The point is that there was no good way to handle Sanchez, because nothing Rex did would have turned out positive.  Also, there was no way to bench Sanchez or hold him accountable because there was no real option behind him.  Had the GM done his job, or gave a crap at all about depth, maybe we would have had someone you could actually bring in.

Same really goes for Holmes.  What do you do when you want to bench your only good player on offense?  

I agree that Rex hasn't been good about holding players accountable, but he's not the one giving them huge contracts or failing to provide any depth behind them.  So, some of this has to do with the fact that his GM, as Shane pointed out tirelessly, did about the worst job imaginable.

To start at the end, the Herman nickname is never going to catch on.  Maybe go back to the well on that one.

Second, it is not at all irrelevant.  The point is that there was no good way to handle Sanchez, because nothing Rex did would have turned out positive.  Also, there was no way to bench Sanchez or hold him accountable because there was no real option behind him.  Had the GM done his job, or gave a crap at all about depth, maybe we would have had someone you could actually bring in.

Same really goes for Holmes.  What do you do when you want to bench your only good player on offense?  

I agree that Rex hasn't been good about holding players accountable, but he's not the one giving them huge contracts or failing to provide any depth behind them.  So, some of this has to do with the fact that his GM, as Shane pointed out tirelessly, did about the worst job imaginable.

Your premise is silly, and wrong.

Sanchez by all accounts was an immature frat boy deuche, running around pantsing guys and acting more like a high school clown than an NFL QB. He needed to get his cock kicked in, not a tattoo of him on the HC's arm. 

It likely would not have made a shred of difference in HIS outcome, but it would have set a very different tone for the team, and probably would have avoided 2 locker room losses by Rex.

Is there really only 2 options regarding Holmes, bench him or make him captain, was it really one or the other? It was a huge lapse in judgement that lost the locker room the way he handled the "captain" Are you really suggesting that if he was not made the captain, and maybe disciplined once in a while, he had to be benched, that was the only alternative??

While I somewhat agree with you on Tannenbaum, your hate should be directed at Woodrow for putting in an accountant as GM. He had no choice but to rely on his HC as his talent evaluation, he was NOT A FOOTBALL GUY!

HIS football guy, Rex was telling everyone they were a CB away from winning the SB, so the accountant got it for him. It's really not all that complicated.

Sanchez by all accounts was an immature frat boy deuche, running around pantsing guys and acting more like a high school clown than an NFL QB. He needed to get his cock kicked in, not a tattoo of him on the HC's arm. 

It likely would not have made a shred of difference in HIS outcome, but it would have set a very different tone for the team, and probably would have avoided 2 locker room losses by Rex.

Is there really only 2 options regarding Holmes, bench him or make him captain, was it really one or the other? It was a huge lapse in judgement that lost the locker room the way he handled the "captain" Are you really suggesting that if he was not made the captain, and maybe disciplined once in a while, he had to be benched, that was the only alternative??

While I somewhat agree with you on Tannenbaum, your hate should be directed at Woodrow for putting in an accountant as GM. He had no choice but to rely on his HC as his talent evaluation, he was NOT A FOOTBALL GUY!

HIS football guy, Rex was telling everyone they were a CB away from winning the SB, so the accountant got it for him. It's really not all that complicated.

accountant word = afo!!

welcome back :)

Actually, your premise is the one that is silly and wrong if you believe that the tone of the organization was it's primary problem.  The problem with the organization during Rex's tenure has been 1) giving a good team (albeit a leveraged one) an awful QB and 2) having the bill come due on the leveraging of the team and ending up with cap problems, poor talent, and still no QB.  Rex "losing the locker room" isn't the reason we went 6-10, nor 8-8.  It's that were weren't a very good football team.

The captain thing was a mistake by Rex, but one that has been way overblown.  First of all, does being one of the team captains mean anything really besides taking the coin toss?  Stop acting like he was an actual captain of a ship who needed to be answered to by the team.  Second, it was probably a ploy by Rex to get his best player on offense to take more of a leadership role.  While it didn't work, the idea behind it is certainly understandable.  Beyond that, I don't really understand your question on Holmes because it's only kind of in English.

Wait, so Tannenbaum had no choice but to rely on his HC as talent evaluation?  All this time I thought the Jets had a team of scouts and player personnel staff.  I think Woody's real problem is not that he hired an accountant to be the general manager, it's that he didn't think to hire any scouts or anyone else responsible for supporting Tannenbaum so Tannenbaum was left going to his head coach who is likely a little too busy to be watching college football.  Do you know if Idzik hired any of these people, or are we left with just Rex evaluating talent? 

Also, please provide a quote where Rex said we were a CB away from winning the Super Bowl?

:hand:

Tannenbaum came from Parcells.  Sparano came from Parcells.  Therein lies the problem.  Relying on a carpetbagger who most recently worked for a division rival and hasn't won sh*t since Little Bill left him.

Well to be perfectly fair, he didn't win sh*t the last 3 or 4 years he was with Little Bill either. 

And ironically enough, Little Bill hasn't won sh*t since Mangini left him.

Well to be perfectly fair, he didn't win sh*t the last 3 or 4 years he was with Little Bill either. 

And ironically enough, Little Bill hasn't won sh*t since Mangini left him.

They made the AFC championship right before they split.  Little Bill has been to the Super Bowl numerous times with the Pats without Big Bill.  Tuna has not won a playoff game without Little Bill.  That includes his little stint doing whatever he did in Miami.

IIRC, Sparano was not coaching the Dolphins when they beat the Jets the last game of the season in 2011.  Sparano had been canned and Todd Bowles was coaching during the New Year's day game when Santonio got all bitchy in the huddle.

I agree with this post & I totally agree with the New York Jets being a lost cause as an NFL team & the owner being a complete moron. I have watched this team so far for a decade plus.

Also all the Jets losing over the time I have watched has also gotten me to care less and less & losing doesn't effect my Mondays or any other days after the Jets lose.

Winning comes so rarely for this team. 8-8 is like a consolation prize for being bad. Go Jets!

Actually, your premise is the one that is silly and wrong if you believe that the tone of the organization was it's primary problem.  The problem with the organization during Rex's tenure has been 1) giving a good team (albeit a leveraged one) an awful QB and 2) having the bill come due on the leveraging of the team and ending up with cap problems, poor talent, and still no QB.  Rex "losing the locker room" isn't the reason we went 6-10, nor 8-8.  It's that were weren't a very good football team.

The captain thing was a mistake by Rex, but one that has been way overblown.  First of all, does being one of the team captains mean anything really besides taking the coin toss?  Stop acting like he was an actual captain of a ship who needed to be answered to by the team.  Second, it was probably a ploy by Rex to get his best player on offense to take more of a leadership role.  While it didn't work, the idea behind it is certainly understandable.  Beyond that, I don't really understand your question on Holmes because it's only kind of in English.

Wait, so Tannenbaum had no choice but to rely on his HC as talent evaluation?  All this time I thought the Jets had a team of scouts and player personnel staff.  I think Woody's real problem is not that he hired an accountant to be the general manager, it's that he didn't think to hire any scouts or anyone else responsible for supporting Tannenbaum so Tannenbaum was left going to his head coach who is likely a little too busy to be watching college football.  Do you know if Idzik hired any of these people, or are we left with just Rex evaluating talent? 

Also, please provide a quote where Rex said we were a CB away from winning the Super Bowl?

You have a very hard time with reading comprehension. It is something you might want to work on a bit. Maybe a class at a local community college?

You have a very hard time with reading comprehension. It is something you might want to work on a bit. Maybe a class at a local community college?

Considering you've failed to express where I've misread something and in this thread you've demonstrated roughly a 5th grade mastery of the English language, this is one that I'll surely take to heart.

Considering you've failed to express where I've misread something and in this thread you've demonstrated roughly a 5th grade mastery of the English language, this is one that I'll surely take to heart.

Lol

Archived