ESPN POLL OF NFL EXECS NAMES GENO SMITH "WORST" STARTING QB IN NFL.

T0mShane

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes because no QB in the history of the game ever improved off of their rookie season , obvz. I'm not saying it's a guarentee he will but we have to see how he performs in his 2nd year under this system with better surrounding pieces before we give up on him. If he sucks , we insert Vick and go back to QB hunting in next years draft or via FA.

Awful post. Obviously QB's improve. What I'm saying you can tell. Or people that have been watching, studying and reading about the game can tell. It's like when some moron brings up, "Well look at Manning's rookie year". You could look and watch Manning and see he was going to be something. Just like you can look at Geno and see he's going to be horrible. From his footwork, delivery, pocket awareness, reading a defense, accuracy etc. He was never under center and has real trouble taking snaps from there. I'm sorry but from jump I knew Mark was god awful when most of the fan base was looking like fools. Getting laughed at from the rest of the league. And now those same fans want to pretend it didn't happen and pretend they know what their talking about with Geno. 

I swear only the Jets and the Bills take QB's from the worst class ever and try to make them franchise guys. When the very next year the QB class is loaded with potential! 

As far as the poll goes Geno absolutely was the worst starting QB in the league. ****in EJ, who is terrible, was better than him. Thinking this team is going anywhere when we have 2 of the worst QB's in the league is a joke. Vick is TO prone, injury prone, bad accuracy, Awful pocket presence and has never be able to go through his progressions. Geno is the exact same plus bad footwork, minus injury prone. Should have brought in a young QB this year to compete. Now we're at least another 3-5 years away from being a serious contender. Extra sucks when your in a division with all time greats that are a model franchise. Multiple SB wins/appearences, 10-12 wins every year, playoffs every year and no sign of slowing down for at least 3-4 years. Oh it sucks to be a jet fan.

Awful post. Obviously QB's improve. What I'm saying you can tell. Or people that have been watching, studying and reading about the game can tell. It's like when some moron brings up, "Well look at Manning's rookie year". You could look and watch Manning and see he was going to be something. Just like you can look at Geno and see he's going to be horrible. From his footwork, delivery, pocket awareness, reading a defense, accuracy etc. He was never under center and has real trouble taking snaps from there. I'm sorry but from jump I knew Mark was god awful when most of the fan base was looking like fools. Getting laughed at from the rest of the league. And now those same fans want to pretend it didn't happen and pretend they know what their talking about with Geno.

I swear only the Jets and the Bills take QB's from the worst class ever and try to make them franchise guys. When the very next year the QB class is loaded with potential!

As far as the poll goes Geno absolutely was the worst starting QB in the league. ****in EJ, who is terrible, was better than him. Thinking this team is going anywhere when we have 2 of the worst QB's in the league is a joke. Vick is TO prone, injury prone, bad accuracy, Awful pocket presence and has never be able to go through his progressions. Geno is the exact same plus bad footwork, minus injury prone. Should have brought in a young QB this year to compete. Now we're at least another 3-5 years away from being a serious contender. Extra sucks when your in a division with all time greats that are a model franchise. Multiple SB wins/appearences, 10-12 wins every year, playoffs every year and no sign of slowing down for at least 3-4 years. Oh it sucks to be a jet fan.

Oh so what you're saying is of course QB's improve ! But you KNOW for fact Geno won't, gotcha. All I'm saying is it's too soon to give up on him , he'll be more familiar with the system with better surrounding pieces in year 2. Don't understand what's so awful about that post lol

Oh so what you're saying is of course QB's improve ! But you KNOW for fact Geno won't, gotcha. All I'm saying is it's too soon to give up on him , he'll be more familiar with the system with better surrounding pieces in year 2. Don't understand what's so awful about that post lol

He has a hell of a lot of improving to do if he wants to even be mediocre at this point. Was some of the worst quarterback play I've seen in a while. And for all those who forgot:

reversebuttfumble.gif

genosafety.gif

He has a hell of a lot of improving to do if he wants to even be mediocre at this point. Was some of the worst quarterback play I've seen in a while. And for all those who forgot:

reversebuttfumble.gif

genosafety.gif

A preseason game ? Really ? lol he obviously does have a lot of improving to do no doubt you're right about that. All I'm saying it's not impossible and he deserves a 2nd year in the system with a better supporting cast.

A preseason game ? Really ? lol he obviously does have a lot of improving to do no doubt you're right about that. All I'm saying it's not impossible and he deserves a 2nd year in the system with a better supporting cast.

Sure, maybe as a running back or wildcat qb, but as for starting qb no. If this team had balls they would have drafted Bridgewater and be done with it. Also, he ran out the back of his own end zone, preseason or not theirs no excuses for that. 

Sure, maybe as a running back or wildcat qb, but as for starting qb no. If this team had balls they would have drafted Bridgewater and be done with it. Also, he ran out the back of his own end zone, preseason or not theirs no excuses for that.

Lol if that's how you feel about Geno I would love to see how you would feel about Bridgewater in his rookie year under a new system with us. This time next year you'd be saying the same thing about Bridgewater that you are about Geno.

Also, -1 for even mentioning the wildcat.

Lol if that's how you feel about Geno I would love to see how you would feel about Bridgewater in his rookie year under a new system with us. This time next year you'd be saying the same thing about Bridgewater that you are about Geno.

Nope, have you seen Bridgewater play? He looks great in the pocket, he's calm and has amazing footwork. Their's another problem I have with Geno he was antsy in the pocket, along with being retarded when it came to making reads. Here's a video demonstrating his footwork. Fast forward to 1:50 to see what I'm saying.

Nope, have you seen Bridgewater play? He looks great in the pocket, he's calm and has amazing footwork. Their's another problem i have with Geno he was antsy in the pocket, along with being retarded when it came to making reads. Here's a video demonstrating his footwork.

http://youtu.be/br9-OACeru4?t=1m49s

So why was everyone laughing at Bridgewaters pro day workout AND private work outs again?

So why was everyone laughing at Bridgewaters pro day workout AND private work outs again?

SMH, I guess Jamarcus Russel was an all time great huh, teams seemed to get that one right. Along with passing on Brady cause he isn't athletic. Also, the wildcat was a pretty good thing to bring up. Cause at this point that's the only thing Geno can do well, run the ball.

SMH, I guess Jamarcus Russel was an all time great huh, teams seemed to get that one right. Along with passing on Brady cause he isn't athletic. Also, the wildcat was a pretty good thing to bring up. Cause at this point that's the only thing Geno can do well, run the ball.

I guess only time will tell, don't understand why you're so quick to crown Teddy but everyone has their own opinion.

Christian Hackenberg looks pretty good. Solid footwork and looks comfortable in the pocket, saw some questionable throws from him, but he looks like he'll be solid and a future 1st rounder. Probably will come out in 2016, where I think we'll have a shot at a high pick.

Geno passes for 4,000 yards this year.

I think so

hell, he passed for 3,000 as the worst QB in the league with no weapinz

The Jets have no desire for Geno to throw for 4000 yards. They want more efficiency from him, that's it. He needs to up his comp% and reverse his td:int ratio. If he can do that, even if he throws for just 3000 yards again this year, the Jets are probably a playoff team.

I agree that more efficiency is the plan at this stage, but I think that having a variety of people on offense who can actually make a play will add momentum and we'll see Geno start taking the team down the field with his arm fairly often.  Last year was a combination of Geno being a rookie from a non-pro style offense, a horrible receiving corps which got even worse when injuries set in, and lack of a quick change-of-pace back.  We are not abandoning the run by any means, but I think Geno is going to show flashes of why he was rated a top ten pick in the first place.

The Jets have no desire for Geno to throw for 4000 yards. They want more efficiency from him, that's it. He needs to up his comp% and reverse his td:int ratio. If he can do that, even if he throws for just 3000 yards again this year, the Jets are probably a playoff team.

they will give him rope when he earns it, I feel he will.  a lot of it may be "cheap" yards, where CJ takes a screen pass 40 yards, but it's all good to me

Ground n Pound 4evah!!! 

VIVA REX!

Ground n Pound 4evah!!! 

VIVA REX!

It's like a prescription for a superbowl win, right?

Quick -- name a team that has passed the ball less than the SB Champion Seahawks the past 2 seasons.  OK, you can't.  But then name the only team even close.

Then look up who passed it less than NY this past year. How'd they do? Please post their win totals.  Hint:  Seattle, SF, Carolina

I mean, we've had Sanchez and then a rookie Geno Smith.  Seattle's had Russell Wilson.  SF has had Kaepernick (and in '12 him plus Alex Smith, with a combined passer rating >100).  And nobody throws it less than these two. 

If you think Rex is dumb for playing it conservative with a pair of bad QBs, you must think that Carroll and Harbaugh combined must have NFL offense IQs lower than Mark Sanchez's completion percentage. They play it even more conservative than Ryan has despite possessing actual assets at QB.

Fans like you are hilarious.  You go on & on about how awful Geno Smith is (like Sanchez before him).  Then you complain that we're not having said awful QB throw the ball much more.  Too funny.

It's like a prescription for a superbowl win, right?

Quick -- name a team that has passed the ball less than the SB Champion Seahawks the past 2 seasons.  OK, you can't.  But then name the only team even close.

Then look up who passed it less than NY this past year. How'd they do? Please post their win totals.  Hint:  Seattle, SF, Carolina

I mean, we've had Sanchez and then a rookie Geno Smith.  Seattle's had Russell Wilson.  SF has had Kaepernick (and in '12 him plus Alex Smith, with a combined passer rating >100).  And nobody throws it less than these two. 

If you think Rex is dumb for playing it conservative with a pair of bad QBs, you must think that Carroll and Harbaugh combined must have NFL offense IQs lower than Mark Sanchez's completion percentage. They play it even more conservative than Ryan has despite possessing actual assets at QB.

Fans like you are hilarious.  You go on & on about how awful Geno Smith is (like Sanchez before him).  Then you complain that we're not having said awful QB throw the ball much more.  Too funny.

Except that Rex was talking GNP before we even knew Sanchez's name, so theres that little problem, and Geno may not have even been born back then.

Except that Rex was talking GNP before we even knew Sanchez's name, so theres that little problem, and Geno may not have even been born back then.

Ah yes, because the concept of a strong defense, complimented by a bruising running game has never been successful anywhere prior to San Fran and Seattle doing it the last few years.

If only that Vince Lombardi guy had been around today.  That power sweep would've won him a championship or two. Alas, he was too ahead of his time, and that running the ball thing never caught on until recently. 

Ah yes, because the concept of a strong defense, complimented by a bruising running game has never been successful anywhere prior to San Fran and Seattle doing it the last few years.

If only that Vince Lombardi guy had been around today. That power sweep would've won him a championship or two. Alas, he was too ahead of his time, and that running the ball thing never caught on until recently.

Yawn, u r boring

Archived