ESPN POLL OF NFL EXECS NAMES GENO SMITH "WORST" STARTING QB IN NFL.

T0mShane

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The fact that Vick is here is proof that this will not be a replay of 2009-12. The Jets were all in on Sanchez with no viable alternative to speak of.

It's pretty simple: if Geno turns it around, then we have a young QB to build around. If he doesn't, there's a proven vet who they can turn to.

Maybe Geno is awesome and Vick never plays a snap but that seems like wishful thinking. 

Vick is old but he's not as old as Vinny Testaverde when he showed up. Another former 1 overall pick who had a late career surge. WE talk about the future but what does that mean? like Tajh Boyd's gonna be Tom Brady for 20 years? 

Vick... It's not saying much but this player could be the best Jets QB since Rex has been the head coach. 

Except that Rex was talking GNP before we even knew Sanchez's name, so theres that little problem, and Geno may not have even been born back then.

Why is it a problem no matter when it was? It was the recipe for the incumbent superbowl champs.  Difference is they had Russell Wilson and we had Mark Sanchez in between running it so often.

Why is it a problem no matter when it was? It was the recipe for the incumbent superbowl champs.  Difference is they had Russell Wilson and we had Mark Sanchez in between running it so often.

Im starting to see why you like colonoscopy so much

Maybe Geno is awesome and Vick never plays a snap but that seems like wishful thinking.

Vick is old but he's not as old as Vinny Testaverde when he showed up. Another former 1 overall pick who had a late career surge. WE talk about the future but what does that mean? like Tajh Boyd's gonna be Tom Brady for 20 years?

Vick... It's not saying much but this player could be the best Jets QB since Rex has been the head coach.

He's not as old as Vinny, but considering their style of play, the skills that make Vick dangerous (his mobility) are probably more diminished than Vinny's skills were in '98.

That said, I agree with your last statement. Rex has not had a QB with the combination of Vick's ability (even now) and experience.

they gave vick $5M because they expect to win this year.   I think Geno gets a chance to succeed but this isn't a repeat of the Sanchez years where there's no viable alternative.     Worst case they draft a QB in '15 and Vick sticks around for 1 more year.  

Ding ding ding ... give the man a cigar.

cs-mtj-view2.jpg

SMH, I guess Jamarcus Russel was an all time great huh, teams seemed to get that one right. Along with passing on Brady cause he isn't athletic. Also, the wildcat was a pretty good thing to bring up. Cause at this point that's the only thing Geno can do well, run the ball.

Eugene isn't half the runner Vick is. In fact, he is gonna get clocked running that stupid wildcat.  I cant wait for the season to start and see the Jets go 1-3 with Eugene as the starter.  Vick will take over, and lead them to the playoffs.    

Eugene isn't half the runner Vick is. In fact, he is gonna get clocked running that stupid wildcat. I cant wait for the season to start and see the Jets go 1-3 with Eugene as the starter. Vick will take over, and lead them to the playoffs.

Geno had as many rushing TDs as Cam Newton. And at first I was all like hey, you want the jets to go 1-3 and then I was like hey, Vick is taking us to the playoffs. High five!

Geno had as many rushing TDs as Cam Newton. And at first I was all like hey, you want the jets to go 1-3 and then I was like hey, Vick is taking us to the playoffs. High five!

Look its not that I want to see the Jets go 1-3 or suck ass. I've been a Jet fan since 1966.  I've watched more football games than I can believe.  And I have never missed a Jet game.

I have a pretty good eye for what makes a leader and a winner.  Eugene has no demonstrative qualities that I can see which warrant the Jets investing time in him like they did with Sanchez. 

I'm glad Namath spoke his mind.  Now will they listen or will Idzik try and save face like Tanny did for 4- 5 years. The faster the Jets crash with this loser the faster he is cut and this team can move forward and find a legitimate qb for the future.    

How anyone can compare Eugene to Vick is mind boggling.  Vick easily burns this idiot in a 40 yard dash, even now at 34. Eugene played ALL 16 games and couldn't pass to save his life...so he ran to save it after Marty became disgusted with his inability to keep a drive alive and told him RUN Eugene RUN. So he scored a few rushing td's. Whoop de do.

Vick is the best running quarterback in NFL history. No QB has put together Vick’s blend of pure speed and field vision.

Vick is the NFL’s all-time leader in rushing yards for a quarterback (5,857) and yards per carry (7.1)  High Five back at ya!

Eugene isn't half the runner Vick is. In fact, he is gonna get clocked running that stupid wildcat.  I cant wait for the season to start and see the Jets go 1-3 with Eugene as the starter.  Vick will take over, and lead them to the playoffs.    

Don't count on it. Vick is just as bad as Geno. This team is probably going 8-8 or under, and once again missing the playoffs. I sort of like Rex but enough is enough, this team isn't going anywhere by sticking with crap qbs and honestly a house cleaning is what this team needs now.

[Geno] has no demonstrative qualities that I can see which warrant the Jets investing time in him like they did with Sanchez. 

I'm glad Namath spoke his mind.  Now will they listen or will Idzik try and save face like Tanny did for 4- 5 years.

Is this your great fear? Is this what your tirades and little name-game shtick are designed to prevent? Because you're wasting your time. Geno was a second round pick. They liked a lot of what they saw last year, and believe he has potential - even if you don't. But if he falls on his face, they'll fall back to Vick. That's why he's here. And then they'll address a new long term solution at QB next year. They're not giving Geno 4-5 years of floundering. He's gonna have to be in the 60% comp range (something that generally eludes Vick), and reverse his TD:int ratio this year to continue in the position. If he doesn't, they'll take a QB in the first round next year, and offer some lip service about how that new QB and Geno are in a "competition."

Look its not that I want to see the Jets go 1-3 or suck ass. I've been a Jet fan since 1966.  I've watched more football games than I can believe.  And I have never missed a Jet game.

I have a pretty good eye for what makes a leader and a winner. 

This is where I stopped reading. You're a huge Jets fan and you have a pretty good eye for what makes a leader and a winner? :rl:

Is this your great fear? Is this what your tirades and little name-game shtick are designed to prevent? Because you're wasting your time. Geno was a second round pick. They liked a lot of what they saw last year, and believe he has potential - even if you don't. But if he falls on his face, they'll fall back to Vick. That's why he's here. And then they'll address a new long term solution at QB next year. They're not giving Geno 4-5 years of floundering. He's gonna have to be in the 60% comp range (something that generally eludes Vick), and reverse his TD:int ratio this year to continue in the position. If he doesn't, they'll take a QB in the first round next year, and offer some lip service about how that new QB and Geno are in a "competition."

First off, how can you not be fearful with this organization's track record with QB's.  Second my little tirades as you put it are instigated by the idiots on this board that cant have a feasible argument without name calling (like you who started all this with me) so dont postulate your bullsh*t to me. If you wanna talk smack thats fine. Youre a Mod and you have seperated numueros members on this board with your infantile barbs.  If you want to talk football I'm for that too.

What side of the fence are you on?  Personally,I cant stand Eugene the creep.  I want no part of him on the Jets and trust he will be gone. I dont  give a rats ass what or how he performs. The douche bag lacks character, charisma or anythng that resemsbles an NFL QB.  Even Joe Willie can see that. Thats my position. If you dont like it, tough tities.  

if anyone wants to bet against vick starting at least a game this year not related to a geno injury, PM me.

almost right but this is the jets we are talking about here, they will wait too long to pull the plug on geno and despite going on a run with vick, they will lose a tiebreaker in week 17 and be out of playoffs leaving us all to wonder what might have been had they turned to vick sooner.

Don't count on it. Vick is just as bad as Geno. This team is probably going 8-8 or under, and once again missing the playoffs. I sort of like Rex but enough is enough, this team isn't going anywhere by sticking with crap qbs and honestly a house cleaning is what this team needs now.

If Vick starts and can stay relatively healthy, Jets are going to the playoffs. If Eugene starts, flops and Vick takes over, I would have to agree with jgb and admit they will fall just shy of reaching the playoffs. Their schedule is brutal. Vick is hands down a better athlete at 34 than Eugene is at 23. I believe Vick will start.  You dont pay a back-up QB 5 million to sit on the bench. Thats just idiotic.  Jets realized Eugene is nowhere near ready to be an NFL starting QB, if ever.  Thats why they didnt hesitate to sign Vick.     

If Vick starts and can stay relatively healthy, Jets are going to the playoffs. If Eugene starts, flops and Vick takes over, I would have to agree with jgb and admit they will fall just shy of reaching the playoffs. Their schedule is brutal. Vick is hands down a better athlete at 34 than Eugene is at 23. I believe Vick will start.  You dont pay a back-up QB 5 million to sit on the bench. Thats just idiotic.  Jets realized Eugene is nowhere near ready to be an NFL starting QB, if ever.  Thats why they didnt hesitate to sign Vick.     

Dude. Geno is a huge question mark but Michael Vick is just terrible. If you really believe the Vick should be the starter from day I'm just gonna come out and say it... you're ******* stupid. 

Dude. Geno is a huge question mark but Michael Vick is just terrible. If you really believe the Vick should be the starter from day I'm just gonna come out and say it... you're ******* stupid. 

So based on you logic, Vick sucks. Thus Idzik signs Vick for 5 million. So then Idzik sucks. And since you back up Idzik, ta ra you suck.  

So based on you logic, Vick sucks. Thus Idzik signs Vick for 5 million. So then Idzik sucks. And since you back up Idzik, ta ra you suck.  

No, my biggest issue are your horrific reading comprehension skills. 

The Jets obviously like Geno and think Geno has potential, that's why they drafted him and that's why everything they've said and done all off season points to him being the opening day starter. 

Vick was not signed to be the starting QB of the Jets. 

He was signed for two reasons: 

1. There are a lot people out there who aren't very knowledgeable about football (Oswald and Tom Shane I am looking in your direction) who completely overrate Michael Vick as a quarterback. Thus, when Geno beats him out for the starting job in a slanted "competition" it works as a confidence booster for Smith while getting the media and the idiots behind Geno as well. 

2. Because of his wholly unearned reputation, he serves as a significant upgrade at backup QB and a real threat to motivate Geno. And due to his perceived quality, Rex will have a shorter hook if Geno plays poorly. 

Got it? You might want to read it a few times before responding.

The Jets obviously like Geno and think Geno has potential, that's why they drafted him and that's why everything they've said and done all off season points to him being the opening day starter. 

1. There are a lot people out there who aren't very knowledgeable about football (Oswald and Tom Shane I am looking in your direction) who completely overrate Michael Vick as a quarterback. Thus, when Geno beats him out for the starting job in a slanted "competition" it works as a confidence booster for Smith while getting the media and the idiots behind Geno as well.

2. Because of his wholly unearned reputation, he serves as a significant upgrade at backup QB and a real threat to motivate Geno. And due to his perceived quality, Rex will have a shorter hook if Geno plays poorly. 

The fact that we have to boost this kids confidence is all I need to know about how good of a qb he is. And to think Bridgewater was right their for the taking, smh.

Here's to hoping our defense sucks in 2016 so we can draft Hackenberg.

Good points but totally invalid. You dont spend 5 million on a back up QB. Period. End of debate. I saw Jet nation when they signed Vick and Ray Lucas was fuming at the thought of Eugene starting over Vick.  I get that many of you on here are enamored with this scrub and thats your prerogative (I hoped i spelled that right) .   I persoanally dont buy into your theories.  

1.    1. There are a lot people out there who aren't very knowledgeable about football (Oswald and Tom Shane)

Not sure about Shane but I have been watching football since i was 8.  I'm 56 - do the math.  have also played the game and was pretty good at it.  Your preconcieved notions are pretty baseless.  Vick is a special athelete.  Granted he hasnt lived up to his expectations and is ofteninjured, but he still is light years better than Eugene at this point.   

2.he serves as a significant upgrade at backup QB and a real threat to motivate Geno.

goota run - will finsih it later gator

Good points but totally invalid. You dont spend 5 million on a back up QB. Period. End of debate. I saw Jet nation when they signed Vick and Ray Lucas was fuming at the thought of Eugene starting over Vick.  I get that many of you on here are enamored with this scrub and thats your prerogative (I hoped i spelled that right) .   I persoanally dont buy into your theories.  

1.    1. There are a lot people out there who aren't very knowledgeable about football (Oswald and Tom Shane)

Not sure about Shane but I have been watching football since i was 8.  I'm 56 - do the math.  have also played the game and was pretty good at it.  Your preconcieved notions are pretty baseless.  Vick is a special athelete.  Granted he hasnt lived up to his expectations and is ofteninjured, but he still is light years better than Eugene at this point.   

2.he serves as a significant upgrade at backup QB and a real threat to motivate Geno.

goota run - will finsih it later gator

Michael Vick only signed to a $4 million contract and Matt Hasselback says hello. 

I WIN. I ALWAYS WIN. :rl:

The fact that we have to boost this kids confidence is all I need to know about how good of a qb he is. And to think Bridgewater was right their for the taking, smh.

Here's to hoping our defense sucks in 2016 so we can draft Hackenberg.

How do you explain Bridgewater having what's was described as one of the worst pro-days of a top tier QB in the past decade?

How do you explain Bridgewater having what's was described as one of the worst pro-days of a top tier QB in the past decade?

If Geno Smith were drafted by any other team there would be guys on this board bemoaning us not drafting him too. Grass is always greener. 

Archived