ESPN POLL OF NFL EXECS NAMES GENO SMITH "WORST" STARTING QB IN NFL.

T0mShane

One of the things that the anti-Rex contingent seems to ignore is that Rex has learned on the job. He didnt coddle Geno the way he coddled Sanchez. The captain thing blew up in his face, now he doesn't name captains.

image-3.jpg

Rex has as much say in who plays QB for the Jets as you do at this point. They had to pull him into the office a few weeks ago to tell him to STFU about starting Vick.

You only need to look back as far as the end of last season to see the team cheering when Idzik announced that Rex would be staying. The losing the locker room thing is a thing of the past.

Eliminate all the players who steamrolled him, then eliminate any expectation of winning, then let Rex play the "they're gonna fire me, you guys card" for a month, and Rex can really tie a locker room together.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Coaches coach, players play...

It was Bart Scott and the maturation of Revis that did this, not Rex. See how this works?

No no no. Mangini went 10-6 with Pennington, and had the Jets at 8-3 with Vegas putting them in the Super Bowl when Favre was healthy. [Wait for it] IF MANGINI HAD GOOD QB PLAY HE'D HAVE WON 10 TITLES

No no no. Mangini went 10-6 with Pennington, and had the Jets at 8-3 with Vegas putting them in the Super Bowl when Favre was healthy. [Wait for it] IF MANGINI HAD GOOD QB PLAY HE'D HAVE WON 10 TITLES

Make fun all you want, but I think for most NFL coaches, this is probably true.

We are talking about football here, one team tries to move the ball towards a line in grass, the other team tries to stop them, and then do the reverse.  This isn't quantum mechanics.  I think there are a few who may be special, then the majority of whom are all in the same category, and then one or two who might be in over their head.

My stance on Rex is that he is "good enough" and that in general, as fans we put way too much stock into who the coach is, when in reality, it's the GM who is responsible for building the team and putting the pieces in place.  Mangini is probably the perfect example of this.  He may have been in over his head, and at best he was a poor leader, but as you say, with Brett Favre and the rest of that team on the field, he very well could have won a Super Bowl had Favre not gotten hurt.

Meh...

Could u imagine Mangini at a tailgate??

Hey Eric, want a beer?

Well, it's a process, first I like a little juice, then some sausage, maybe later.

Rex would be funneling beers with his shirt off and rubbing his nipples for any hot chicks that walked by.

Priorities...

We are talking about football here, one team tries to move the ball towards a line in grass, the other team tries to stop them, and then do the reverse.  This isn't quantum mechanics.  I think there are a few who may be special, then the majority of whom are all in the same category, and then one or two who might be in over their head.

My stance on Rex is that he is "good enough" and that in general, as fans we put way too much stock into who the coach is, when in reality, it's the GM who is responsible for building the team and putting the pieces in place.  Mangini is probably the perfect example of this.  He may have been in over his head, and at best he was a poor leader, but as you say, with Brett Favre and the rest of that team on the field, he very well could have won a Super Bowl had Favre not gotten hurt.

The NFL disagrees with your stance. NFL HC's make generally speaking more than NFL GM's for a reason.

While it's not quantum mechanics, there is a reason why NFL coaches put in 80-100 hours per week every week during the season, and work year round to move a ball towards a line in the grass, and the other team to try to stop them.

We are talking about football here, one team tries to move the ball towards a line in grass, the other team tries to stop them, and then do the reverse. This isn't quantum mechanics. I think there are a few who may be special, then the majority of whom are all in the same category, and then one or two who might be in over their head.

My stance on Rex is that he is "good enough" and that in general, as fans we put way too much stock into who the coach is, when in reality, it's the GM who is responsible for building the team and putting the pieces in place. Mangini is probably the perfect example of this. He may have been in over his head, and at best he was a poor leader, but as you say, with Brett Favre and the rest of that team on the field, he very well could have won a Super Bowl had Favre not gotten hurt.

I don't think Mangini was a poor leader, but I do think he was in over his head. He was only 35 when he got the job and nobody but Tannenbaum thought he was ready. He probably should have been given another year, but Woody needed to sell tickets and wanted a big personality.

That said, I agree that every coach needs to solidify the QB position if he's going to have any chance at success. IMO, as with Buddy Ryan, the QB position under Rex will only prosper if Rex stays far, far away from it. That's a major failing, IMO.

I don't think Mangini was a poor leader, but I do think he was in over his head. He was only 35 when he got the job and nobody but Tannenbaum thought he was ready. He probably should have been given another year, but Woody needed to sell tickets and wanted a big personality.

That said, I agree that every coach needs to solidify the QB position if he's going to have any chance at success. IMO, as with Buddy Ryan, the QB position under Rex will only prosper if Rex stays far, far away from it. That's a major failing, IMO.

Yup, and like his dad, I really don't believe he thinks this is true

So, what do you suspect would have happened if the Jets (and Rex) had the #1 in 2012 NFL Draft?  Luck would look like Geno?

So, what do you suspect would have happened if the Jets (and Rex) had the #1 in 2012 NFL Draft? Luck would look like Geno?

This is an excellent point. If we can hold out for another 25 years to luck into a top 3 all time QB prospect, Rex will win it all!!

This is an excellent point. If we can hold out for another 25 years to luck into a top 3 all time QB prospect, Rex will win it all!!

Maybe you have some issues with reading comprehension.  See what I did there?

tumblr_inline_n4bz00opqi1rbhpj3-1.gif?3f

So, what do you suspect would have happened if the Jets (and Rex) had the #1 in 2012 NFL Draft? Luck would look like Geno?

In that rare instance where a team falls into a once-in-a-decade QB, that's great and I'm sure Rex would do well. But the other 30, 31 franchises that don't get that guy have to put some work in and a lot of things have to go right in order to maximize the position if/when you have to make a QB.

And? He was never their HC.

Mangini was a miserable human being, and that is hard to go to work for every day. It's understandable why players disliked him so much and why the Jets went to a player coach in Ryan.

But he won as many games in his last year as Rex Ryan won in his first. And if Favre stays healthy, we don't know. Jets beat the Pats on a Thursday night in November, were in 1st place in the AFC overall at 8-3 and then Dickie Waver gets hurt. And from there Mangini panicked.

In that rare instance where a team falls into a once-in-a-decade QB, that's great and I'm sure Rex would do well. But the other 30, 31 franchises that don't get that guy have to put some work in and a lot of things have to go right in order to maximize the position if/when you have to make a QB.

Ok, so we remove Andrew Luck from the equation.  Since 2009, Rex's first draft as the head coach, and a decent sample size, who are the teams/quarterbacks that have been "made" in the manner you are talking about?

Nah, I was not really following it all, was not really that interested.

My big beef with that whole situation was not really about Cotchery, I thought he did want more than he was worth.

My problem was that we could have kept 2 of the 3. The reason we did not is because Rex felt that Sanchez was ready to carry the team, and he wanted to use that money to go after AsoICantSpellHisName.

I think most of you live in lala land when it comes to the Tanny/Rex relationship. Yeah yeah, I know his title was GM, but he was the errand boy for Rex. I am not saying Rex was the college scout, but Rex made the decisions on what the roster was going to look like, and who was going to be signed.

Saying Edwards never did anything after is revisionist history, he was in a bad spot for him and he got hurt, and has never been the same. There is no reason to assume he would have gotten hurt playing for the Jets.

If anyone was watching Sanchez in 10, I don't see how in the hell they could have thought he was going to carry the team. Rex was, is and always will be obsessed with building the greatest defense he can, and it's ok if it comes at the expense of the offense.  

It also became very clear that Edwards was not going to get a big contract, and the Jets could have brought him back, and chose not to. Burress was a stupid signing, and his 8 TD's look great on paper, but he was an enormous liability anywhere outside the red zone. Burress never drew a roll of coverage, never, so Holmes always did. Sanchez needed wide open receivers, instead he got a doubled Holmes and a really tall turtle.

Many of you also live in lala land if you think you can have a HC, who does not or should not have a major say in the way the roster decisions. In the age of the cap, there are big tradeoffs that have to be made. The GM should get the final say, but he needs to have major input from the HC, who is expected to win with the roster. If you don't have that, you don't have a good HC.

I agree with literally zero of this post.

Ryan was Tannenbaum's employee. Denying the obvious does not make it so.

I agree with literally zero of this post.

Ryan was Tannenbaum's employee. Denying the obvious does not make it so.

That's cool, but you are clearly ignoring the circumstances of the switch from Badway to Tanny as GM, as well as a painfully obvious switch in personnel philosophy from Manidiot to Wrex, under the same GM and what that implies.

People who like Wrex, chose to see the world through reality altering glasses.

Ok, so we remove Andrew Luck from the equation. Since 2009, Rex's first draft as the head coach, and a decent sample size, who are the teams/quarterbacks that have been "made" in the manner you are talking about?

Flacco, Tannehill, Kaepernick, Nick Foles, off the top of my head.

was sanchez not maximized ?  what was his true potential ?  

woody deserves blame for chasing star QB's, and tanny derserves blame for indulging him.  it's not all on rex, even you must admit that

Flacco, Tannehill, Kaepernick, Nick Foles, off the top of my head.

So, in the last 5 years, your best hope is to manufacture a very average QB?

Still seems to me you need to get very lucky to get anything you'd really be happy about at the position.

Foles being the exception in which we'll see where it goes.

So, in the last 5 years, your best hope is to manufacture a very average QB?

Still seems to me you need to get very lucky to get anything you'd really be happy about at the position.

Foles being the exception in which we'll see where it goes.

It's obviously extremely difficult to secure good play from the QB position, and it takes a lot of really smart decisions along to way to acquire one and drop him into an infrastructure that will allow him to develop (unless you completely collapse the season before Luck comes out). I don't think this is that environment and we're going to spend the entire Rex Era trying to win in spite of the QB.

It's obviously extremely difficult to secure good play from the QB position, and it takes a lot of really smart decisions along to way to acquire one and drop him into an infrastructure that will allow him to develop (unless you completely collapse the season before Luck comes out). I don't think this is that environment and we're going to spend the entire Rex Era trying to win in spite of the QB.

This!

It's about maximizing the position, however you do that.

Sitting back and saying, oh well, we have not been lucky enough to get Luck, and allowing that to be an excuse for poor QB play is akin to not hitting the lottery and sitting sorry for yourself for being poor.

Nah, I was not really following it all, was not really that interested.

My big beef with that whole situation was not really about Cotchery, I thought he did want more than he was worth.

My problem was that we could have kept 2 of the 3. The reason we did not is because Rex felt that Sanchez was ready to carry the team, and he wanted to use that money to go after AsoICantSpellHisName.

I think most of you live in lala land when it comes to the Tanny/Rex relationship. Yeah yeah, I know his title was GM, but he was the errand boy for Rex. I am not saying Rex was the college scout, but Rex made the decisions on what the roster was going to look like, and who was going to be signed.

Saying Edwards never did anything after is revisionist history, he was in a bad spot for him and he got hurt, and has never been the same. There is no reason to assume he would have gotten hurt playing for the Jets.

If anyone was watching Sanchez in 10, I don't see how in the hell they could have thought he was going to carry the team. Rex was, is and always will be obsessed with building the greatest defense he can, and it's ok if it comes at the expense of the offense.  

It also became very clear that Edwards was not going to get a big contract, and the Jets could have brought him back, and chose not to. Burress was a stupid signing, and his 8 TD's look great on paper, but he was an enormous liability anywhere outside the red zone. Burress never drew a roll of coverage, never, so Holmes always did. Sanchez needed wide open receivers, instead he got a doubled Holmes and a really tall turtle.

Many of you also live in lala land if you think you can have a HC, who does not or should not have a major say in the way the roster decisions. In the age of the cap, there are big tradeoffs that have to be made. The GM should get the final say, but he needs to have major input from the HC, who is expected to win with the roster. If you don't have that, you don't have a good HC.

Honestly, you live in a lala land yourself if you think anyone - let alone Braylon Edwards - would have made enough of a difference for the team to overcome the Sanchez handicap.

My belief (based on the lack of interest the Jets and everyone else showed in him in 2011) is there was something more than Edwards' on-field skill going on. He was too productive with too crappola of a QB and still possessed too much upside to get only such a small contract a year later.  A run-run-run team with a QB like Sanchez and he still had 900 yards (17.1 ypr) and 7 TDs.  Now further compound that with him being a former #3 overall pick, fast, 6'3" tall, with freakish jumping ability (including backflips, lol) that probably no DB in the league could out-leap.  Three years earlier - with Derek freaking Anderson - he gave a glimpse of the numbers he was physically capable of (1300 yds, 16 TDs).  Further, unlike in that pro bowl season, with the Jets (despite the claim that offensive players were never coached up on the Ryan Jets) the coaches helped him all but eliminate his prior, significant dropsies problem. Oh yeah, and he was a very good, and very willing blocker.  Not the end-all of being a high-paid WR, but it shows a team-first lack of selfishness on the field.

A player with that on his resume doesn't get only 1 offer of an incentive-laden 1 year contract from another run-first team where he's guaranteed to hit none of those incentives.  As I recall, he'd just gotten a DWI with the team's pro-bowl left tackle in the car, and that may have merely been the one thing we heard about.  Then while he's trying to get a contract, some of his buddies got in a bar fight and he tweeted something about getting his brass knuckles ready or something like that. The picture painted is that, for all he seemed to be to Jets fans, he was seen as something more than that to GMs and coaches around the league.  Brad freaking Smith got more than 3x the contract offer - and got it right away - that Edwards got.  Wildcat shmildcat.  On the right team, Edwards had the physical skills to lead the conference in receiving yards and TDs, and no one (not even Buffalo) values a wildcat QB-WR over such a healthy, gifted, veteran player in his prime. Not unless there's something else seriously wrong with the guy. 

Edwards-fanatics never allowed this.  The contract he got with San Fran wasn't a show-me deal that he felt would be the best situation to get his dollars up for a better deal a year later (like Hakeem Nicks signing on for a year with Andrew Luck this spring). He signed the only offer he got, from just about the only team in the league where he was likely to be in a worse situation stats-wise than on the receiving end of the Mark Sanchez Jets. Ted freaking Ginn just got a contract for 3 years $10M because he finally got 500 yards in a season while his 5 - five - TDs nearly doubled his career total over accumulated over the prior 5 seasons combined. Edwards had 7 from a QB who only threw 17 on the season and virtually no one was interested. As likely as not, it could easily have been Woody Johnson who put his foot down and gave his absolutely not to Tannenbaum in regards to re-signing Edwards.

And no matter how many times you and other silly people claim otherwise, Ryan is not and was not the GM. Tannenbaum did not, in any way, take his marching orders from the underling employee he hired. Only blind conspiracy theorists, who desire blaming Ryan for anything bad, truly believe this. What I do believe is that Ryan said yes to nearly every or any stupid suggestion Tannenbaum threw his way (re-upping Sanchez, re-upping Holmes, picking up Burress, picking up Tebow, and others), which is why he needs a strong GM and has no business being one himself.  On top of that, if there was a specific player Ryan knew firsthand, then his GM made an effort to bring him in (Scott, Mason, Leonhard, Douglas). But this is common around the league and is hardly unique to Ryan.

Then there's Asomugha.

What no one brings up, and what I still think, is that Asomugha was being sought to likely pair with Revis for only the 2011 season.  I believe after the first 2 years $32M of his contract was up, Tannenbaum saw another Revis contract or at best a public disharmony problem in his future, and if Asomugha was on the team then he may have traded Revis himself (and brought back a windfall for him).  In practice, with the benefit of hindsight, that wouldn't have happened because Asomugha wasn't half the player Philadelphia (or the Jets) thought they'd be getting when each floated $12M/year offers at him. But at the time he was considered roughly on a par with Revis (outside of NY many still felt Asomugha was the superior CB at that point, even if the difference was considered insignificant).  Anyway, right on cue, Revis - despite being locked into the deal Tannenbaum framed, floated the idea of holding out starting in the early spring, leaking that Tannenbaum lied to him and promised him he'd tear up his deal after 2 years for a new one - which may very well have been true - and was a general pain in the ass again for a while.  I think Tannenbaum saw this coming (and may have seen it coming if he did set the stage for it to happen by willfully misleading Revis).  I think he said as much to his own boss who said if he does (in '12), then get rid of him if we can get Asomugha in here in '11 and locked up. Then pick up a couple of first rounders in the process (certainly a 1 plus a 2 or 3 at worst, which we nearly got when Revis was still injured and rehabbing). 

There's certainly no proof this was in their plans, but the contract issues with Revis were well known, and Asomugha was widely seen more or less as Revis's equal at the time.  I think when Revis started his discontentedness again in the early spring of 2012 it came as a surprise to no one, least of all Tannenbaum and Johnson. If Asomugha was on the team I think there's a very good chance Revis would have been shipped off that year, 6 months before his injury.  

That's cool, but you are clearly ignoring the circumstances of the switch from Badway to Tanny as GM, as well as a painfully obvious switch in personnel philosophy from Manidiot to Wrex, under the same GM and what that implies.

People who like Wrex, chose to see the world through reality altering glasses.

What circumstances were those? That Ryan was a first-time head coach who had been passed over by his own prior team (and others), and based on that he was the one who was the power behind the throne over the guy who actually gave him his one shot? 

Talk about seeing the world through reality-altering glasses.  You must not own a mirror.

Mangini was a miserable human being, and that is hard to go to work for every day. It's understandable why players disliked him so much and why the Jets went to a player coach in Ryan.

But he won as many games in his last year as Rex Ryan won in his first. And if Favre stays healthy, we don't know. Jets beat the Pats on a Thursday night in November, were in 1st place in the AFC overall at 8-3 and then Dickie Waver gets hurt. And from there Mangini panicked.

Mangini had BRETT ******* FAVRE!!! Rex had a rookie Mark Sanchez. 

You are comparing apples to monkey wrenches. 

It's fine not to think that about Rex.  But, at present, the sample size is 1, and that's a QB who we pretty much all ubiquitously agree was destined for suckitude no matter the situation.  So, I find it difficult to kill Rex for his imperfect handling of a terrible product.  I'd also assume the way Sanchez was handled is not the first time in history a QB was not handled perfectly, and those with any measurable skill-set overcome these things.

Honestly, you live in a lala land yourself if you think anyone - let alone Braylon Edwards - would have made enough of a difference for the team to overcome the Sanchez handicap.

My belief (based on the lack of interest the Jets and everyone else showed in him in 2011) is there was something more than Edwards' on-field skill going on. He was too productive with too crappola of a QB and still possessed too much upside to get only such a small contract a year later.  A run-run-run team with a QB like Sanchez and he still had 900 yards (17.1 ypr) and 7 TDs.  Now further compound that with him being a former #3 overall pick, fast, 6'3" tall, with freakish jumping ability (including backflips, lol) that probably no DB in the league could out-leap.  Three years earlier - with Derek freaking Anderson - he gave a glimpse of the numbers he was physically capable of (1300 yds, 16 TDs).  Further, unlike in that pro bowl season, with the Jets (despite the claim that offensive players were never coached up on the Ryan Jets) the coaches helped him all but eliminate his prior, significant dropsies problem. Oh yeah, and he was a very good, and very willing blocker.  Not the end-all of being a high-paid WR, but it shows a team-first lack of selfishness on the field.

A player with that on his resume doesn't get only 1 offer of an incentive-laden 1 year contract from another run-first team where he's guaranteed to hit none of those incentives.  As I recall, he'd just gotten a DWI with the team's pro-bowl left tackle in the car, and that may have merely been the one thing we heard about.  Then while he's trying to get a contract, some of his buddies got in a bar fight and he tweeted something about getting his brass knuckles ready or something like that. The picture painted is that, for all he seemed to be to Jets fans, he was seen as something more than that to GMs and coaches around the league.  Brad freaking Smith got more than 3x the contract offer - and got it right away - that Edwards got.  Wildcat shmildcat.  On the right team, Edwards had the physical skills to lead the conference in receiving yards and TDs, and no one (not even Buffalo) values a wildcat QB-WR over such a healthy, gifted, veteran player in his prime. Not unless there's something else seriously wrong with the guy. 

Edwards-fanatics never allowed this.  The contract he got with San Fran wasn't a show-me deal that he felt would be the best situation to get his dollars up for a better deal a year later (like Hakeem Nicks signing on for a year with Andrew Luck this spring). He signed the only offer he got, from just about the only team in the league where he was likely to be in a worse situation stats-wise than on the receiving end of the Mark Sanchez Jets. Ted freaking Ginn just got a contract for 3 years $10M because he finally got 500 yards in a season while his 5 - five - TDs nearly doubled his career total over accumulated over the prior 5 seasons combined. Edwards had 7 from a QB who only threw 17 on the season and virtually no one was interested. As likely as not, it could easily have been Woody Johnson who put his foot down and gave his absolutely not to Tannenbaum in regards to re-signing Edwards.

I used to say all the time that I wish the Jets had a WR as good as JN seems to think Braylon Edwards is.

I used to say all the time that I wish the Jets had a WR as good as JN seems to think Braylon Edwards is.

lol

I liked him fine when he was here.  But no one that productive, that young, and with those physical skills gets basically no serious offers from anyone. 

lol

I liked him fine when he was here.  But no one that productive, that young, and with those physical skills gets basically no serious offers from anyone. 

I did too, even wished we could have kept him.  But, the fact that he basically was out of the league once he left here should tell people something too.

I did too, even wished we could have kept him.  But, the fact that he basically was out of the league once he left here should tell people something too.

victor hobson syndrome

from jets starter to insurance agent

And no matter how many times you and other silly people claim otherwise, Ryan is not and was not the GM. Tannenbaum did not, in any way, take his marching orders from the underling employee he hired. Only blind conspiracy theorists, who desire blaming Ryan for anything bad, truly believe this. What I do believe is that Ryan said yes to nearly every or any stupid suggestion Tannenbaum threw his way (re-upping Sanchez, re-upping Holmes, picking up Burress, picking up Tebow, and others), which is why he needs a strong GM and has no business being one himself.  On top of that, if there was a specific player Ryan knew firsthand, then his GM made an effort to bring him in (Scott, Mason, Leonhard, Douglas). But this is common around the league and is hardly unique to Ryan.

Then there's Asomugha.

What no one brings up, and what I still think, is that Asomugha was being sought to likely pair with Revis for only the 2011 season.  I believe after the first 2 years $32M of his contract was up, Tannenbaum saw another Revis contract or at best a public disharmony problem in his future, and if Asomugha was on the team then he may have traded Revis himself (and brought back a windfall for him).  In practice, with the benefit of hindsight, that wouldn't have happened because Asomugha wasn't half the player Philadelphia (or the Jets) thought they'd be getting when each floated $12M/year offers at him. But at the time he was considered roughly on a par with Revis (outside of NY many still felt Asomugha was the superior CB at that point, even if the difference was considered insignificant).  Anyway, right on cue, Revis - despite being locked into the deal Tannenbaum framed, floated the idea of holding out starting in the early spring, leaking that Tannenbaum lied to him and promised him he'd tear up his deal after 2 years for a new one - which may very well have been true - and was a general pain in the ass again for a while.  I think Tannenbaum saw this coming (and may have seen it coming if he did set the stage for it to happen by willfully misleading Revis).  I think he said as much to his own boss who said if he does (in '12), then get rid of him if we can get Asomugha in here in '11 and locked up. Then pick up a couple of first rounders in the process (certainly a 1 plus a 2 or 3 at worst, which we nearly got when Revis was still injured and rehabbing). 

There's certainly no proof this was in their plans, but the contract issues with Revis were well known, and Asomugha was widely seen more or less as Revis's equal at the time.  I think when Revis started his discontentedness again in the early spring of 2012 it came as a surprise to no one, least of all Tannenbaum and Johnson. If Asomugha was on the team I think there's a very good chance Revis would have been shipped off that year, 6 months before his injury.  

While your dissertation is impressive in magnitude, and I applaud your will (It's far greater than mine) you have surmised something that I never said, and proceeded to write an enormous post to disprove something I did not say.

Might. Perhaps. Maybe.

Conditional with nothing really to back it up.

By that logic, why even discuss his 1st putrid season at all?Is there anything beyond wishful and miracles that says Smith is going to be an NFL QB? I don't see it. What I see is a replay of 2009-2012.

Unless you change variables.Which is why VIck is here. Smith is now on a very short leash. If there is anything the franchise learned from Pick 6 it is to have a servicable alternative if it goes bad. None of the success stories Slats points out as vague possibilites have that variable.

I sat through the Jets/Panthers on a picture perfect day and watched Smith pretty much screw the pooch in a very winnable game. And then watched as the offense was dumbed down vs. 3 bad defenses so he wasn't given the chance to screw it up. This is what you are telling is is somehow a "late season improvement". Right.

That is called delusion, wishful thinking, ignoring unpleasant facts, confirmation bias. Apparently some of you didn't watch 2009 through 2012 inclusive.

And a GM who brought in a vet as a safety net. Does that sound like confidence?

wait are you saying that Smith and Sanchez are alike???? Sanchez played like 13 games in school and Smith 3 years.Sanchez was a bad, bad, bad pick,and never got better as a QB his last year was as bad as his first, I think smith will be much better this year,not great but he will make progress wich sanchez never did.

Archived