ESPN POLL OF NFL EXECS NAMES GENO SMITH "WORST" STARTING QB IN NFL.

T0mShane

Holy sh*t what do people need to see before admitting we have a suck QB? It was more tha obvious with Mark. I knew from the start. And its more than obvious with Geno. The kid sucks. I can take a piss and make a snack watching his delivery, which takes 10 minutes. We're trying to fool ourselves, just like the bills are with EJ. They both suck.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That's fine and dandy. I was speaking more in terms of camp.

Ah. I think that whoever plays with the second team is going to look like they should be thrown out of the league immediately. Gonna be tough for Vick to show anything.

rex was the coach of the year last year if you really think about it

thanks tom

No he wasn't. The guy is an average HC. Part of the reason we suck so bad is because he thinks he can do it all with defense. And our defense isn't even that good. I can't wait for the excuses after this year. I swear people love him because they think he's cool. It's a bromance. Literally no other fan base would want this guy and ours thinks hes the sh*t because he's a loud mouth. A loud mouth who hasn'y backed up anything btw.

Holy sh*t what do people need to see before admitting we have a suck QB? It was more tha obvious with Mark. I knew from the start. And its more than obvious with Geno. The kid sucks. I can take a piss and make a snack watching his delivery, which takes 10 minutes. We're trying to fool ourselves, just like the bills are with EJ. They both suck.

What's the break-down of time peeing vs. time making a snack in that 10 minute window?  Very interested.

That's fine and dandy. I was speaking more in terms of camp.

I think the QB job has been a committee decision since Idzik and Mornhinweg were hired. Idzik drafted Geno, and Mornhinweg knows both Geno and Vick. I suspect there's some pressure from the front office to start Geno, which makes sense because Vick starting means the Jets would be starting over at the position regardless next year. I hope that Mornhinweg is being honest when he talks up Geno, and that he actually believes Geno gives the team the best chance at success. But I don't know, it could all be coming from Idzik.

I hate to agree with Shane, but either the order is coming from the front office, or they're leaning heavily on Mornhinweg's informed opinion. This is absolutely not a decision Rex is making unilaterally.

No he wasn't. The guy is an average HC. Part of the reason we suck so bad is because he thinks he can do it all with defense. And our defense isn't even that good. I can't wait for the excuses after this year. I swear people love him because they think he's cool. It's a bromance. Literally no other fan base would want this guy and ours thinks hes the sh*t because he's a loud mouth. A loud mouth who hasn'y backed up anything btw.

8-8 with the worst QB

we should lock him up for 10 years

For a guy who had to learn an entire new system with subpar talent around him and have to start from day 1, Geno did what I expected. A lot of ups and downs, boat load of turnovers, some flashes of good play, and a strong finish as the season progressed. I expect Geno to make strides in year 2, cut down the turnovers and be a middle of the pack QB. Fun fact: Geno Smith, only the 13th QB in NFL history to throw for 3,000 yards in his rookie season.

I think the QB job has been a committee decision since Idzik and Mornhinweg were hired. Idzik drafted Geno, and Mornhinweg knows both Geno and Vick. I suspect there's some pressure from the front office to start Geno, which makes sense because Vick starting means the Jets would be starting over at the position regardless next year. I hope that Mornhinweg is being honest when he talks up Geno, and that he actually believes Geno gives the team the best chance at success. But I don't know, it could all be coming from Idzik.

I hate to agree with Shane, but either the order is coming from the front office, or they're leaning heavily on Mornhinweg's informed opinion. This is absolutely not a decision Rex is making unilaterally.

they gave vick $5M because they expect to win this year.   I think Geno gets a chance to succeed but this isn't a repeat of the Sanchez years where there's no viable alternative.     Worst case they draft a QB in '15 and Vick sticks around for 1 more year.  

they gave vick $5M because they expect to win this year. I think Geno gets a chance to succeed but this isn't a repeat of the Sanchez years where there's no viable alternative. Worst case they draft a QB in '15 and Vick sticks around for 1 more year.

Mark Brunell was more than viable.

this isn't a repeat of the Sanchez years where there's no viable alternative.      

it's an improvement. 

the next step is to open up the reps and whoever the best QB plays. Why is that so hard? If it's Tajh Boyd then he plays.

Why does QB have to be given out like the King of England giving out titles? Because it reflects on the GM? A football team is should be competition, at every position, the best player should play. especially QB.

This sounds like a rant b/c i personally have played on a football team where the QB job was given away for political reasons and i never got over it. Probably never will. We sucked. It's a shameful thing to see a rigged competition at the most important position.

Fun fact our offense was based around the toss play. The Toss. Pull two guards and friggin toss. Fake Toss Pass was about as exciting as it got. 

Worst. Coach. Ever. 

Mark Brunell was more than viable.

You're kidding right?    Brunell was 40+ yrs old and his legs and arm were shot.   He was probably done 3 years earlier with redskins but had to hang around b/c he was broke. 

Mark Brunnell was brought in as a baby-sitter for Sanchez nothing more.  

You're kidding right? Brunell was 40+ yrs old and his legs and arm were shot. He was probably done 3 years earlier with redskins but had to hand around b/c he was broke.

Mark Brunnell was brought in as a baby-sitter for Sanchez nothing more.

I was just being sarcastic, sorry about that Lionel. Your analysis of Brunell pretty much sums it up.

NO EFFORT ANYMORE

It doesn't take effort to see the obvious. The guy defies odds.

Truth is, there were other starters worse than Geno. Vikings, Raiders, Rams, Browns all rolled out some garbage last year. And Geno played well down the stretch with great combo development coaching from Rex and Marty (dynamic duo!). Throw in an actuall offense around him and I think he could make some serious progress. Is he the worst starter, right now, based on what we've seen? Probably. His backup is better.

But it's all good because we've got Rex and it doesn't hurt to have Marty and Idzik.

It doesn't take effort to see the obvious. The guy defies odds.

Truth is, there were other starters worse than Geno. Vikings, Raiders, Rams, Browns all rolled out some garbage last year. And Geno played well down the stretch with great combo development coaching from Rex and Marty (dynamic duo!). Throw in an actuall offense around him and I think he could make some serious progress. Is he the worst starter, right now, based on what we've seen? Probably. His backup is better.

But it's all good because we've got Rex and it doesn't hurt to have Marty and Idzik.

Got any updates on CFL talent that you'd like to share with us?

Archived