ESPN POLL OF NFL EXECS NAMES GENO SMITH "WORST" STARTING QB IN NFL.

T0mShane

How do you explain Bridgewater having what's was described as one of the worst pro-days of a top tier QB in the past decade?

How do you explain Jamarcus Russel being a bust when he had one of the greatest pro days in the history of the NFL?

Also, how is Tom Brady so good? I mean have you seen the pictures of him at the combine? Doubt he could even run a 40 in under 5 secs unlike are boy Geno who's an all pro right?

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

How do you explain Jamarcus Russel being a bust when he had one of the greatest pro days in the history of the NFL?

Also, how is Tom Brady so good? I mean have you seen the pictures of him at the combine? Doubt he could even run a 40 in under 5 secs unlike are boy Geno who's an all pro right?

I guess it's a good thing the Jets followed the Pats formula for guaranteed success and drafted a QB in the 6th round.

You could have just said, "I'm not going to answer your question because I don't know."

Would have accomplished the same thing.

Clearly the Colts didn't really believe in Andrew Luck after his rookie season because, for his 2nd season, they paid Matt Hasselbeck $5M.

Thats  a ridiculous statement.  They paid Hasselbeck as insurance because hey knew they had a legitimate shot at making the playoffs with Luck.

If Luck goes down late or in the playoffs, they have a veteran who can step in and hopefully not lose a step.  Signing Vick is nowhere in the same  realm as the Colts signing Hass.    

How do you explain Bridgewater having what's was described as one of the worst pro-days of a top tier QB in the past decade?

If history proves anything it shows these pro days are pretty meaningless.  The kid was pressing. He had a bad hair day. Whats the big freakin deal. 

Take his whole body of work and judge him then. 

I think so

hell, he passed for 3,000 as the worst QB in the league with no weapinz

The NFL is a passing league nowadays ...3000 is equivalent to 1500 a few years back. Manning passed for an absurd 5500 yards.

Can you imagine what qb's like Namath, Fouts, Bradshaw, Lamonica etc would have passed for with the same rules.  3000 is pretty weak.

But even that's not the issue.  Lets not forget the important stats. 

His TD to INT ( 12 td to 21 int) ratio was the worst in the league and he had the worst QB rating of any QB.  66.5

But lets be optimistic shall we! He can only get better...because he sure as hell cant get any worse.

Awful post. Obviously QB's improve. What I'm saying you can tell. Or people that have been watching, studying and reading about the game can tell. It's like when some moron brings up, "Well look at Manning's rookie year". You could look and watch Manning and see he was going to be something. Just like you can look at Geno and see he's going to be horrible. From his footwork, delivery, pocket awareness, reading a defense, accuracy etc. He was never under center and has real trouble taking snaps from there. I'm sorry but from jump I knew Mark was god awful when most of the fan base was looking like fools. Getting laughed at from the rest of the league. And now those same fans want to pretend it didn't happen and pretend they know what their talking about with Geno. 

I swear only the Jets and the Bills take QB's from the worst class ever and try to make them franchise guys. When the very next year the QB class is loaded with potential! 

As far as the poll goes Geno absolutely was the worst starting QB in the league. ****in EJ, who is terrible, was better than him. Thinking this team is going anywhere when we have 2 of the worst QB's in the league is a joke. Vick is TO prone, injury prone, bad accuracy, Awful pocket presence and has never be able to go through his progressions. Geno is the exact same plus bad footwork, minus injury prone. Should have brought in a young QB this year to compete. Now we're at least another 3-5 years away from being a serious contender. Extra sucks when your in a division with all time greats that are a model franchise. Multiple SB wins/appearences, 10-12 wins every year, playoffs every year and no sign of slowing down for at least 3-4 years. Oh it sucks to be a jet fan.

Dead on!

I wouldn't be more inclined to draft a QB because of a great pro day, but a terrible one is a red flag. It's basically a choreographed event designed to make the QB look as good as possible. Not performing well is a concern. For Bridgewater, it seemed to confirm some questions about his smallish hands, and the difficulty he might have with an NFL sized football.

IIRC, Geno bested Bridgewater in just about every combine test, too. I fully understand the Jets passing on the QB position in the first round, and expected it. I wish they would've taken the best of the rest in the fourth rather than Boyd, but they obviously didn't think that way. It's either confidence in Geno, a belief that this year's QB class just sucked, or both.

Thats  a ridiculous statement.  They paid Hasselbeck as insurance because hey knew they had a legitimate shot at making the playoffs with Luck.

If Luck goes down late or in the playoffs, they have a veteran who can step in and hopefully not lose a step.  Signing Vick is nowhere in the same  realm as the Colts signing Hass.    

The 2014 Jets, with merely average QB play, have just as legitimate shot at making the playoffs as did the 2013 Colts without Andrew Luck.  It's Andrew Luck that makes them a playoff team, not the Colts team making Andrew Luck a playoff QB.

Or you could put less stock in a glorified underwear show.

So, being horrendous means nothing?  Because the reports weren't that he 'wasn't great' or that he had an 'off-day', the reports were that he was absolutely terrible.

I'm not even saying that that makes him undraftable or anything , but it does speak to the fact that he's far, far from a lock to be any good, let alone better than Geno Smith year 2.

NO ONE PAYS 5M FOR A BACK-UP.

...finds out that someone did just last year... creates new narrative.

Mother of God, the season needs to start like now already. These threads...it's like Groundhog's Day except instead of insurance, Ned Ryerson keeps bringing up Rex and how he'd do if he could just luck into a quarterback.

Man, he'd be awesome!

Mother of God, the season needs to start like now already. These threads...it's like Groundhog's Day except instead of insurance, Ned Ryerson keeps bringing up Rex and how he'd do if he could just luck into a quarterback.

http://youtu.be/HYAx9RX1OmY

So, being horrendous means nothing?  Because the reports weren't that he 'wasn't great' or that he had an 'off-day', the reports were that he was absolutely terrible.

I'm not even saying that that makes him undraftable or anything , but it does speak to the fact that he's far, far from a lock to be any good, let alone better than Geno Smith year 2.

Man when Bridgewater starts doing well in the NFL and Geno leads the league in turnovers, the threads here will be glorious.

Also, reports from Vikings camp are that he was doing well. It seems like Norv Turner likes him to, worked out with him pre-draft and has done nothing but praise him.

Man when Bridgewater starts doing well in the NFL and Geno leads the league in turnovers, the threads here will be glorious.

Also, reports from Vikings camp are that he was doing well. It seems like Norv Turner likes him to, worked out with him pre-draft and has done nothing but praise him.

Reports from Jets camp are that Geno has been doing well.  It seems like Marty Mornhinweg likes him too.

I stopped reading at "Norv Turner likes him" because I just started laughing my mother****eing ass off.

Like I said, you can wallow to your heart's desire. It suits you. But Mark Sanchez sucking is no more "proof" that Geno will suck than Drew Brees turning it around is "proof" that Geno will turn it around. Again, not that I ever tried to make that claim, or anything like it.

Bugg is clearly bugging Juan.  I've never seen Juan so upset and rattled.  

Reports from Jets camp are that Geno has been doing well.  It seems like Marty Mornhinweg likes him too.

Could give a rats ass what you and that porky pig thinks gayhono

Ponch-CHiPs-homo-insulting-picture-abusi

compliments to the Bugg man for the pictorial 

Yeah, you tell him!

Wait... what?

Morhinweg is well respected? Isn't this the same guy Reid said no to because he didn't want to give him back play calling ability? Sounds like a winner.

Also .156 winning percentage in Detroit, currently the record holder for worst winning percentage in Lions history for a non-interim coach. Takes someone special to pull off that kind of record in a franchise that has such a long history of winning.

Morhinweg is well respected? Isn't this the same guy Reid said no to because he didn't want to give him back play calling ability? Sounds like a winner.

Also .156 winning percentage in Detroit, currently the record holder for worst winning percentage in Lions history for a non-interim coach. Takes someone special to pull off that kind of record in a franchise that has such a long history of winning.

I'm so glad you were cluleless enough to have fallen for that, because this was so obvious the direction you were desperately going to try to go in.  Dance puppet, dance!  So now it is only their abilities as a head coach that qualifies a coach as respected, huh?  Intriguing.  I guess that pretty much invalidates your Turner argument, huh?  Because there is no one in the football world who thinks of Turner as a competent head coach.

The bottom line is you are attempting to make an argument which 100% contradicts itself.  Try to come up with any absurd excuses you want for why that doesn't count, but it's nothing but utter nonsense.  It's actually rather amusing, because your argument actually manages to guarantee you are absolutely wrong, no matter which direction you try to take it from here.  Well done, that's no easy task.

Archived