ESPN POLL OF NFL EXECS NAMES GENO SMITH "WORST" STARTING QB IN NFL.

T0mShane

Yes a well respected oc liking a qb clearly means nothing.

Who respects Norv Turner? Norv Turner is the most overrated offensive mind of the past 30 years. He built his reputation by coaching one of the most talented offenses ever assembled. My sister could have had success coaching that Cowboys team. Ever since he left Dallas he's been a train wreck and failure literally everywhere he's been.

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who respects Norv Turner? Norv Turner is the most overrated offensive mind of the past 30 years. He built his reputation by coaching one of the most talented offenses ever assembled. My sister could have had success coaching that Cowboys team. Ever since he left Dallas he's been a train wreck and failure literally everywhere he's been.

Only had one losing season as Chargers coach. Cough.

I'm so glad you were cluleless enough to have fallen for that, because this was so obvious the direction you were desperately going to try to go in.  Dance puppet, dance!  So now it is only their abilities as a head coach that qualifies a coach as respected, huh?  Intriguing.  I guess that pretty much invalidates your Turner argument, huh?  Because there is no one in the football world who thinks of Turner as a competent head coach.

The bottom line is you are attempting to make an argument which 100% contradicts itself.  Try to come up with any absurd excuses you want for why that doesn't count, but it's nothing but utter nonsense.  It's actually rather amusing, because your argument actually manages to guarantee you are absolutely wrong, no matter which direction you try to take it from here.  Well done, that's no easy task.

Once again, worst coach in Lions history. Don't see what's hard about that to understand. Famous decisions include taking the wind in overtime when his defense had just given up a multitude of touchdowns beforehand. Also, famous for not using Lesean McCoy during his Eagles run. Sounds like a genius huh. But try to tell me how my argument is wrong, especially when the guy was dropped by the head coach who made him who he is.

Also, mind showing me how Turner sucked as a head coach? Last time I checked he won a lot on the Chargers. He wasn't the greatest head coach, but he sure as hell was a hell of a lot better then Mornhinweg as least.

Yes, taking an offense that was dead last last in the NFL to one of the best is not a note worthy accomplishment at all.

Once again, worst coach in Lions history. Don't see what's hard about that to understand. Famous decisions include taking the wind in overtime when his defense had just given up a multitude of touchdowns beforehand. Also, famous for not using Lesean McCoy during his Eagles run. Sounds like a genius huh. But try to tell me how my argument is wrong, especially when the guy was dropped by the head coach who made him who he is.

Also, mind showing me how Turner sucked as a head coach? Last time I checked he won a lot on the Chargers. He wasn't the greatest head coach, but he sure as hell was a hell of a lot better then Mornhinweg as least.

Yes, taking an offense that was dead last last in the NFL to one of the best is not a note worthy accomplishment at all.

The Chargers were roundly mocked for their hiring of Turner and while the team managed to be decidedly mediocre during his time there, they constantly underperformed all around.  As soon as he left, the team immediately returned to the playoffs and most notably of all, their quarterback (you know, the position we're talking about here) performed substantially better than he did for years prior under your buddy Norv.

Of course, none of this really means much either, as your initial statement was regarding their respective careers as coordinators.  Your apparent inability to comprehend the differences between a coordinator and head coach doesn't do much to help your argument.  Interesting that after trying baseless attempts to take away credit from Mornhinweg during his time with the Eagles, you now attempt to blame him for something that happened during that time, with a statement that is blatantly incorrect.  Unless you're so clueless as to want to blame Mornhinweg for McCoy's injuries, it's worth noting that in his last 2 years as Eagles' OC when being "famous for not using LeSean McCoy", McCoy averaged a grand total of 1 less touch per game than he did with the Eagles this past year.

The point is simple, you've proven beyond doubt that you came to your own baseless conclusions in advance, and now are simply grasping at straws in a desperate attempt to try to make up justifications after the fact, as if this will prove your statement to be anything more than a random personal opinion of yours.  Your argument clearly lacks any objectivity whatsoever, as it ultimately contradicts itself.  If you personally like Bridgewater better, then just say so and leave it at that.  The rest of this crap makes you look ridiculous.

The Chargers were roundly mocked for their hiring of Turner and while the team managed to be decidedly mediocre during his time there, they constantly underperformed all around.  As soon as he left, the team immediately returned to the playoffs and most notably of all, their quarterback (you know, the position we're talking about here) performed substantially better than he did for years prior under your buddy Norv.

Of course, none of this really means much either, as your initial statement was regarding their respective careers as coordinators.  Your apparent inability to comprehend the differences between a coordinator and head coach doesn't do much to help your argument.  Interesting that after trying baseless attempts to take away credit from Mornhinweg during his time with the Eagles, you now attempt to blame him for something that happened during that time, with a statement that is blatantly incorrect.  Unless you're so clueless as to want to blame Mornhinweg for McCoy's injuries, it's worth noting that in his last 2 years as Eagles' OC when being "famous for not using LeSean McCoy", McCoy averaged a grand total of 1 less touch per game than he did with the Eagles this past year.

The point is simple, you've proven beyond doubt that you came to your own baseless conclusions in advance, and now are simply grasping at straws in a desperate attempt to try to make up justifications after the fact, as if this will prove your statement to be anything more than a random personal opinion of yours.  Your argument clearly lacks any objectivity whatsoever, as it ultimately contradicts itself.  If you personally like Bridgewater better, then just say so and leave it at that.  The rest of this crap makes you look ridiculous.

Love how you ignored his time with the Cowboys. And also I like how you ignore how Andy Reid refused to hire him, you know the coach that made him and all. And mediocre is making the playoffs and making the championship game? What a bunch of bs, I guess if he was more like your boy Morhinweg and went 5-27 he would be a much better coach right? Get out of here with your bs, the fact that you accuse me of clutching for straws is all I need to know about your argument.

And since your bringing up improvement, you know who else got better once Morhinweg left? Foles, and by a large ******* margin, looks like Morhinweg is pretty crap by your own logic. 

Love how you ignored his time with the Cowboys. 

He was handed a Hall of Fame Quarterback, a Hall of Famer receiver, a Hall of Fame running back, what should be a Hall of Fame tight end, and outstanding fullback and arguably the best offensive line ever assembled that includes one Hall of Famer and 2-3 others who probably should join him.

Norv Turner didn't make that offense great. Herschel Walker did. 

He was handed a Hall of Fame Quarterback, a Hall of Famer receiver, a Hall of Fame running back, what should be a Hall of Fame tight end, and outstanding fullback and arguably the best offensive line ever assembled that includes one Hall of Famer and 2-3 others who probably should join him.

Norv Turner didn't make that offense great. Herschel Walker did. 

So lets get this straight.....

Rex = players suck, anything good the team does is Rex's doing, anything bad is the players fault, or the GM's fault for getting sh*tty players

Other coaches = coach has nothing to do with it, all the players, if the players are good, the coach lucked out

Good stuff!

This fan base is so bamboozled by Rexy, its staggering. You'd think he has 6 rings the way he is treated vs. other coaches.

So lets get this straight.....

Rex = players suck, anything good the team does is Rex's doing, anything bad is the players fault, or the GM's fault for getting sh*tty players

Other coaches = coach has nothing to do with it, all the players, if the players are good, the coach lucked out

Good stuff!

This fan base is so bamboozled by Rexy, its staggering. You'd think he has 6 rings the way he is treated vs. other coaches.

Can you ******* read? Where did I mention Rex's name you one-note joke?

The Cowboys put together a coach proof group of talent on that offense - it was assembled by their Head Coach Jimmy Johnson. That offensive talent was so good just about any OC would have had success with them. One of the things analysts used to marvel at with that team was just how simple their offense was, while their chief rivals in San Francisco were running a far more complex system with about the same level of success. The Cowboys ran just about everything out of the I-formation with very little pre-snap movement. That offense wasn't successful because of Xs and Os. It was successful because of execution. That's primarily due to the players and the HEAD COACH, not the offensive coordinator. 

You need to understand that things are not interchangeable. Because something is one way on one team doesn't mean it works the same way on another team. 

The only coach who was ever successful at a championship level in the NFL without a great QB was Joe Gibbs. Do you really think that is a coincidence? Can you think?

The Cowboys put together a coach proof group of talent on that offense - it was assembled by their Head Coach Jimmy Johnson. That offensive talent was so good just about any OC would have had success with them. One of the things analysts used to marvel at with that team was just how simple their offense was, while their chief rivals in San Francisco were running a far more complex system with about the same level of success. The Cowboys ran just about everything out of the I-formation with very little pre-snap movement. That offense wasn't successful because of Xs and Os. It was successful because of execution. That's primarily due to the players and the HEAD COACH, not the offensive coordinator. 

You need to understand that things are not interchangeable. Because something is one way on one team doesn't mean it works the same way on another team. 

The only coach who was ever successful at a championship level in the NFL without a great QB was Joe Gibbs. Do you really think that is a coincidence? Can you think?

I agree, that cowboys team was incredibly talented. And Norm was a part of developing and coaching that talent. He deserves some credit for that.

You and your fellow Rex worshippers act like Rex has had dog crap on defense and is so smart that he took that dog crap and turned it into a top 5 defense with his genius, and nobody else can coach defense like Rex.

Its ludicrous. 

I agree, that cowboys team was incredibly talented. And Norm was a part of developing and coaching that talent. He deserves some credit for that.

You and your fellow Rex worshippers act like Rex has had dog crap on defense and is so smart that he took that dog crap and turned it into a top 5 defense with his genius, and nobody else can coach defense like Rex.

Its ludicrous. 

Nobody ever said anything remotely like that. 

All anyone ever said that was remotely close to that was that Rex has repeatedly gotten this team to play above its talent level, which is impossible to refute.

If you have a coach who can routinely get a team to exceed expectations, it makes sense to keep working to get him better talent. This is simple logic. 

I live in Jacksonville and there are tons of Jags fans who are in love with Gus Bradley. I'm not so sure. The Jaguars had 4 win talent last year and won 4 games. Gus Bradley got his team to play to their level of ability. That's not such a great feat. 

Rex Ryan had a team with 4 win talent last year and won 8 games. 

Get it? 

I'd include John Harbaugh. But in the playoffs Flacco did play like he was a great QB.

Made a wrong choice. sh*t happens, coaches aren't always right about players. Parcells himself wasn't high on Manning.

Parcells himself?  All hail the Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler.  That fat **** is a horror at pre-draft evaluation.

As far as I know Norv Turner went to bat for a QB one time, when he had as much power in an organziation as he was going to have and it was Heath ******* Shuler.  Doesn't that indicate he may be wrong about Bridgewater or just singing mindless platitudes like the rest of the coaches or like Norv himself did about studs like Weeden?

Parcells himself?  All hail the Grand High Exalted Mystic Ruler.  That fat **** is a horror at pre-draft evaluation.

As far as I know Norv Turner went to bat for a QB one time, when he had as much power in an organziation as he was going to have and it was Heath ******* Shuler.  Doesn't that indicate he may be wrong about Bridgewater or just singing mindless platitudes like the rest of the coaches or like Norv himself did about studs like Weeden?

Norv Turner is a moron and a hack. 

Nobody ever said anything remotely like that. 

All anyone ever said that was remotely close to that was that Rex has repeatedly gotten this team to play above its talent level, which is impossible to refute.

If you have a coach who can routinely get a team to exceed expectations, it makes sense to keep working to get him better talent. This is simple logic. 

I live in Jacksonville and there are tons of Jags fans who are in love with Gus Bradley. I'm not so sure. The Jaguars had 4 win talent last year and won 4 games. Gus Bradley got his team to play to their level of ability. That's not such a great feat. 

Rex Ryan had a team with 4 win talent last year and won 8 games. 

Get it? 

See, this is absolutely hysterical, and I mean, spit my coffee out funny!!!!!

Rex had 4 win talent, and turned it into 8 wins, by his sheer brilliance.

Any other HC who wins 8 games had 8 win talent...........

Maybe, just maybe, the Jets actually had 8 win talent last year??? Or maybe, just maybe, they had 6 win talent, and got very lucky with 2 wins last year.........

If some Jet fans would remove Rex's manhood from their mouths, you might be able to see the irony in these type of absolutely ludicrous, ridiculous statements.

Maybe, just maybe, the Jets actually had 8 win talent last year??? Or maybe, just maybe, they had 6 win talent, and got very lucky with 2 wins last year.........

If some Jet fans would remove Rex's manhood from their mouths, you might be able to see the irony in these type of absolutely ludicrous, ridiculous statements.

No

See, this is absolutely hysterical, and I mean, spit my coffee out funny!!!!!

Rex had 4 win talent, and turned it into 8 wins, by his sheer brilliance.

Any other HC who wins 8 games had 8 win talent...........

This is a sizzling hot post full of truth.

Archived