ESPN POLL OF NFL EXECS NAMES GENO SMITH "WORST" STARTING QB IN NFL.

T0mShane

• Replies 492
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's really staggering how those understanding this are in the very small minority. I just don't get it. I mean Rexy is a sexy man, but not that sexy

Rex scores well on the Which Candidate Would You Rather Have A Beer With? question.

This combined with unbelievable luck in 09 and 10, along with talking like the anti Mangini is my theory.

Can't say that 09 and 10 were "luck," per se. It showed potential as a coach that he's never come close to fulfilling. This is a fanbase that once used the word "Mangenius" repeatedly. This was a fanbase that applauded and repeated the "HELLO, you PLAY to WIN the GAME" quote ad nauseum. Now they excoriate Herm and Mangini in divine revisionist fashion. The same will happen with Rex. The wheels go round and round.

Can't say that 09 and 10 were "luck," per se. It showed potential as a coach that he's never come close to fulfilling. This is a fanbase that once used the word "Mangenius" repeatedly. This was a fanbase that applauded and repeated the "HELLO, you PLAY to WIN the GAME" quote ad nauseum. Now they excoriate Herm and Mangini in divine revisionist fashion. The same will happen with Rex. The wheels go round and round.

Im not saying it was all luck in 09 and 10, it wasn't, and I admit I was fully fooled by him, but wizened up really quickly in 11, starting in the offseason.

In 09, Rex was a good alternative to Mangini's ways, BUT, if Manning does not sit, they are 8-8 at best and don't get a chance to beat the crashing Bengals twice, nor the vastly overrated Chargers.

In 10, I remember at least 4 games they pulled out miraculous victories, Denver, Detroit, Houston and Cleveland, all teams which at the time were considered inferior, where the defense gave up the lead late and either a penalty, or a miracle catch won them the game.

The Patriot game in 10 was a great moment for Rex, but it was where he peaked and has been all downhill since. He had a lot of good fortune, and even last year had a lot of good fortune. It's incredibly rare to go .500 with the horrendous point differential they had last year.

Love how you ignored his time with the Cowboys. And also I like how you ignore how Andy Reid refused to hire him, you know the coach that made him and all. And mediocre is making the playoffs and making the championship game? What a bunch of bs, I guess if he was more like your boy Morhinweg and went 5-27 he would be a much better coach right? Get out of here with your bs, the fact that you accuse me of clutching for straws is all I need to know about your argument.

And since your bringing up improvement, you know who else got better once Morhinweg left? Foles, and by a large ******* margin, looks like Morhinweg is pretty crap by your own logic. 

So I'm curious, do you think changing your argument again makes you somehow look less ridiculous?  I didn't ignore his time with the Cowboys, which is now over 20 years past.  I was directly responding to your nonsensical ramblings about their respective head coaching careers, which has absolutely no bearing whatsoever on any of the arguments you attempted to make regarding who is or is not a so-called "respected coordinator".

Funny that despite this new little fit of yours, I've seen no efforts from you to acknowledge Mornhinweg's run as OC with the 49ers, which occurred much more recently than Turner's with the Cowboys.  Not to mention your analysis of the Eagles' situation and Reid has been full of flat-out blatant lies.  The best part is the fact that your two different bullsh*t arguments once again contradict each other, which should surprise no one.  On one hand you're attempting to claim that Reid "refused to hire" Mornhinweg, when Reid himself is on record as saying as he wanted to get back involved with play-calling, which he was no longer doing in Philly, and therefore MM was not interested in the job.  This little piece of news also flies directly in the face of your earlier nonsensically fabricated arguments that attempted to remove any and all credit from Mornhinweg during his time as Philly OC.  It's actually impossible for both of your statements regarding Reid and Mornhinweg to be true, but the evidence actually suggests that neither of them are.

As far as Foles goes, I can't help you if you see no difference between a backup player improving between his rookie and second years, and a starter improving between his 9th and 10th years.  If you can't grasp that, then this pretty much cements your complete lack of understanding of football.  However, even if we simply ignore that rather significant difference, it still comes back to the fact that if applying that same conclusion to both of those respective coaches doesn't disprove my argument, it disproves yours.  I've never once said that Turner was some clueless idiot who can't coach, I simply pointed out that your rants about Mornhinweg were completely baseless and ultimately incorrect, and that every argument you desperately tried to use against Mornhinweg to justify your slanted views could just as easily be applied to Turner.  The truth is that they are both well-respected offensive coordinators with long track records of success in that role, and your desperate attempts to try to claim otherwise for one of them is without any merit whatsoever and an attempt to simply justify some other completely unrelated personal opinion of yours about some player.

Im not saying it was all luck in 09 and 10, it wasn't, and I admit I was fully fooled by him, but wizened up really quickly in 11, starting in the offseason.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly.  You were a big fan of Rex when the team was winning, and not a big fan of him when the team was no longer winning.

I look forward to the future thought provoking insights.

So, if I'm understanding this correctly.  You were a big fan of Rex when the team was winning, and not a big fan of him when the team was no longer winning.

that about sums it up. ;)

hah hah frontrunner award of the year

So, if I'm understanding this correctly. You were a big fan of Rex when the team was winning, and not a big fan of him when the team was no longer winning.

In sure his eyes were wide open in 2011 when the Jets were 8-5 headed for the playoffs and scored on the opening drive like it was easy vs. the Giants on Xmas Eve too.

Where did I ever say I was a big fan of Rex?? It's that reading comprehension problem you have coming back up again huh? I said I was fooled by him.

I thought he knew what he was doing, and I thought he was a good coach.

It became crystal clear to me in 11 that he did not, and that started in 11, and got worse and worse in 12 and while he showed a hint of improvement in 13, it is clear to me that the guy is just not a good NFL HC, he is not terrible, but he is not good either.

BTW, do you ever make an original thought of your own, or is your MO to just try to dig into others posts that you don't agree with? Grow a set and put some of your own opinions out there, it's ok, you will likely be wrong more than you are right, but at least you will have some opinions of your own rather than sitting around waiting for a post you dont like.

In sure his eyes were wide open in 2011 when the Jets were 8-5 headed for the playoffs and scored on the opening drive like it was easy vs. the Giants on Xmas Eve too.

Actually, any HC who was duped into thinking Sanchez was going to carry the team in 11, was clearly clueless to me. Rex decided to replace Edwards and Cotchery for Mason and Plaxico, who were both worthless, so that they could save cap money to try to go after an all world CB who turned out to be all turd. Then making Holmes a captain, Sanchez a captain, letting the crap that went on in 11 made it crystal clear to anyone who was willing to observe reality.

rex lost two different lockers rooms. for a supposed "player's coach" that's a pretty damning occurance.

This.

Rex hired Sporano

Rex legitimately believed in Sanchez

No more analysis should be needed to come to the obvious conclusion

This.

Rex hired Sporano

Rex legitimately believed in Sanchez

No more analysis should be needed to come to the obvious conclusion

what happened w/Sporano, I think, was they were trying to go back to 100% G&P..

With MM, it was more 'OK, we get it, we need some diversity here'.

I wonder if MM was a Idzik hire or Rex hire. I think Idzik.

Where did I ever say I was a big fan of Rex?? It's that reading comprehension problem you have coming back up again huh? I said I was fooled by him.

I thought he knew what he was doing, and I thought he was a good coach.

It became crystal clear to me in 11 that he did not, and that started in 11, and got worse and worse in 12 and while he showed a hint of improvement in 13, it is clear to me that the guy is just not a good NFL HC, he is not terrible, but he is not good either.

BTW, do you ever make an original thought of your own, or is your MO to just try to dig into others posts that you don't agree with? Grow a set and put some of your own opinions out there, it's ok, you will likely be wrong more than you are right, but at least you will have some opinions of your own rather than sitting around waiting for a post you dont like.

Dude, you couldn't even manage proper English in your username, so I'm not sure you should be throwing around issues with reading or language fluency.

But, giving you the benefit of the doubt, I suppose you should establish the importance of the difference between being "I thought he knew what he was doing, and I thought he was a good coach" and being a "big fan," because apparently in your mind, there is a mile wide gap that I, and the others who also responded to my post, seem to have missed.

As far as my own opinions, beyond the obvious one (that you're a moron), are well documented on this board.  Dissent is the expression of an opinion too.  But, more importantly, it's July 11th, on May 10th, the draft ended.  That's the last time something meaningful happened with regard to the Jets.  Next time something meaningful happens, you'll probably get to read my opinion of it.  Until then, I'm not so self-important as to create threads that state, "I think it is in the best interest of the franchise to give Geno another year, and though I'm not tremendously optimistic, I think there are plenty of reasons to believe he might improve, and if he fails miserably, that is better long term than going 9-7 with Vick, or having drafted another questionable prospect at QB while failing to improve the team elsewhere, including it's weakest position, secondary."  I mean, I've said that dozens of times, but there it is again for you.

rex lost two different lockers rooms. for a supposed "player's coach" that's a pretty damning occurance.

Is there any actual proof of this, or is it just the common thing to say?

Just because the Jets got beat, doesn't mean it occurred because the team lost respect for him.

Is there any actual proof of this, or is it just the common thing to say?

Just because the Jets got beat, doesn't mean it occurred because the team lost respect for him.

Especially when there is literally no actual evidence that this happened.

are we building a case here or discussing what we know and what we read about the team in the media? i wasn't there--sorry if the santonio holmes situation, the derrik mason situation, sanchez screaming at the GM, and the many articles about a rift between the offensive and defensive players (seemingly an annual occurence) isn't enough evidence of an issue. but there is certainly evidence that it happened. if you chose to ignore it or discount it, that's up to you. no one outside of the organization will likely ever know the "real" story, but to say there is "no evidence" is wrong--what you are really saying is that you do not  believe that evidence is accurate. and you are certainly entitled to that opinion.

Especially when there is literally no actual evidence that this happened.

“Our locker room wasn’t as close as it’s been in the past, obviously, but one thing we know is we’re going to fix it,” Ryan said in an interview with ESPN. “We might have been knocked down this year but we’re not knocked out. We’re going to be swinging, and there’s no doubt about it. But I can’t wait. It’s about moving forward, put that stuff behind us. But there’s things we’re going to learn from. This past season, 8-8 clearly is not good enough. We did have some issues where, obviously, I never did a good enough job of recognizing it and fixing it, but we’re fixing it right now. There’s no doubt about that.”

That is as close as you get and that's not "losing the locker room."

There are however, about a dozen articles that were written asking "Is Rex losing the locker room?????"

Dude, you couldn't even manage proper English in your username, so I'm not sure you should be throwing around issues with reading or language fluency.

But, giving you the benefit of the doubt, I suppose you should establish the importance of the difference between being "I thought he knew what he was doing, and I thought he was a good coach" and being a "big fan," because apparently in your mind, there is a mile wide gap that I, and the others who also responded to my post, seem to have missed.

As far as my own opinions, beyond the obvious one (that you're a moron), are well documented on this board.  Dissent is the expression of an opinion too.  But, more importantly, it's July 11th, on May 10th, the draft ended.  That's the last time something meaningful happened with regard to the Jets.  Next time something meaningful happens, you'll probably get to read my opinion of it.  Until then, I'm not so self-important as to create threads that state, "I think it is in the best interest of the franchise to give Geno another year, and though I'm not tremendously optimistic, I think there are plenty of reasons to believe he might improve, and if he fails miserably, that is better long term than going 9-7 with Vick, or having drafted another questionable prospect at QB while failing to improve the team elsewhere, including it's weakest position, secondary."  I mean, I've said that dozens of times, but there it is again for you.

Dude, I am a moron? lol, so offended when you who cannot comprehend what is written says, I am going to have to leave my family out of shame and the horror.

I have been on this board reading for over a year, you and your sidekick BG post no original thoughts or opinions, but rather bash others posts that you don't agree with, along with the often Sanchez sux post, you two are like twins.

The rest of your post is narcissistic blabbering.

are we building a case here or discussing what we know and what we read about the team in the media? i wasn't there--sorry if the santonio holmes situation, the derrik mason situation, sanchez screaming at the GM, and the many articles about a rift between the offensive and defensive players (seemingly an annual occurence) isn't enough evidence of an issue. but there is certainly evidence that it happened. if you chose to ignore it or discount it, that's up to you. no one outside of the organization will likely ever know the "real" story, but to say there is "no evidence" is wrong--what you are really saying is that you do not  believe that evidence is accurate. and you are certainly entitled to that opinion. you put enough people in a room and some people will believe OJ didn't do it, either.

I think we're talking about what "losing the locker room means".

To me, it means the team gives up on the coach.  I do not think anything we've read indicates that the team gave up.

Certainly, there were a couple of malcontents and problems, and that's far from something to be celebrated, but it's also not the reason for the current, or recent state of the team.

Yeah, those 8 TDs Burress had were such a detriment to the team.  Sure wish we didn't have the biggest guy on the field going up for jump balls in the endzone.

Yeah, the rest of the NFL really thought so highly of those 8 TD's that he did not get signed the next season..... You just can't make this stuff up. The guy was unable to get any separation whatsoever, and played when they were inside the 10. If you think he was even 1/4 of what Edwards was the year before, you are more clueless than I give you credit for, congrats.

Archived