Reasons to feel good about the Jets

Maxman

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

LOL Brady playing until he is 50.  That gave me a good chuckle.

50 is a reach obviously. Its just what I heard from the horse's mouth. The guy wants to play as long as he can. He's obsessed.

Blanda played until he was 48 - 26 seasons and was effective at the end of his career!

Deberg until he was 44

Moon was 44

Testaverde was 44

Flutie 43

Morrall 42

Brunell 42

Farve 41

Brady will be 37 this year. Even if he plays till the average age of the these guys above he will play another 6-7 years. 

And his commitment is practically second to none.

Geno is so bad the Jets will not be allowed to play the final two games of the season!

That's pretty bad. Try and be a bit more realistic.  

Eugene is so bad teams spot the Jets 14 points for games he starts. 

Eugene is so bad Lysol wanted him to be their spokesman.

Eugene is so bad when sheep see him they go bahhahahahad.

Eugene is so bad even his mother disowned him. 

Positives? Hmmmmm...

How about hope-beyond-hopes?

1) coples better bring it.

2) c'mon Trevor Reilly !!

3) milliner - mcdougal combo pans out

4) running game includes a nasty-streaked OL and lots of CJ2K home runs.

5) Joe Klecko tells Namath to, "Shut up or I'll sock you one!l"

I can't believe training camp is around the corner!! Thanks for the shortened off season, New York Rangers! The Mets offer no such luxury.

50 is a reach obviously. Its just what I heard from the horse's mouth. The guy wants to play as long as he can. He's obsessed.

Blanda played until he was 48 - 26 seasons and was effective at the end of his career!

Deberg until he was 44

Moon was 44

Testaverde was 44

Flutie 43

Morrall 42

Brunell 42

Farve 41

Brady will be 37 this year. Even if he plays till the average age of the these guys above he will play another 6-7 years. 

And his commitment is practically second to none.

Wanting to play until you are in your mid 40's and actually doing it are different things.  Baseball isn't a contact sport and look at Jeter. Last year changed his mind and has him retiring earlier.  

In football you don't always get to say when you want to hang them up.

Plenty of other threads for this. Just looking for something different in here. Totally disagree on Geno btw.

You can disagree all you. As a matter of fact you can wish, hope, pray etc but that doesn't change the fact that he sucks. I'm talking worse QB in the NFL sucks.

That's pretty hard to do. Esp when you have sh*t bags like EJ in the same ****in div but that didn't stop Geno from sucking.

I have to hand it to him though. I've literally never seen a ****in QB take a 7 step drop out of the shotgun. Kid is a special kind of suck bag.

Again though you can disagree all you want. Facts, evidence is on my side. He has trouble with accuracy, awful footwork and can't retain a playbook. People talk about Geno and Dee like their ****in legends because of the last few games. Geno played OK but only because we scaled the playbook back big time. And Dee had TWO good games. He should have broken up that many passes considering how many times he was targeted. And look who we played against. Hardly top tier talent. Also I love when people talk about how he shut down Gordon. LOL The guy ONLY caught 7/97 or something like that.

Fact is you can fool yourself all you want. This team might have added weapons but those weapons are not good enough to take us beyond 8-8. Decker is a 2-3 and has been shut down by opposing teams 2-3's cbs. Think about that. Teams don't even have to worry about him at all. Our weapons would be good if we had a Brees, Brady etc. We don't. We have Geno LOL.

And for all the people claiming we can't be worse because last year we went 8-8 with a worse team. You need to stop posting and talking about football. Thats not how the game works and people that study and know what their talking about like me know this. Our schedule is so brutal we'll be lucky to win 4 games out of the first 12. We got lucky last year and were gifted 2 wins. Our kicker was our MVP for **** sake. So yeah we can be worse than 8-8 and most likely will be.

You're welcome

You can disagree all you. As a matter of fact you can wish, hope, pray etc but that doesn't change the fact that he sucks. I'm talking worse QB in the NFL sucks.

That's pretty hard to do. Esp when you have sh*t bags like EJ in the same ****in div but that didn't stop Geno from sucking.

I have to hand it to him though. I've literally never seen a ****in QB take a 7 step drop out of the shotgun. Kid is a special kind of suck bag.

Again though you can disagree all you want. Facts, evidence is on my side. He has trouble with accuracy, awful footwork and can't retain a playbook. People talk about Geno and Dee like their ****in legends because of the last few games. Geno played OK but only because we scaled the playbook back big time. And Dee had TWO good games. He should have broken up that many passes considering how many times he was targeted. And look who we played against. Hardly top tier talent. Also I love when people talk about how he shut down Gordon. LOL The guy ONLY caught 7/97 or something like that.

Fact is you can fool yourself all you want. This team might have added weapons but those weapons are not good enough to take us beyond 8-8. Decker is a 2-3 and has been shut down by opposing teams 2-3's cbs. Think about that. Teams don't even have to worry about him at all. Our weapons would be good if we had a Brees, Brady etc. We don't. We have Geno LOL.

And for all the people claiming we can't be worse because last year we went 8-8 with a worse team. You need to stop posting and talking about football. Thats not how the game works and people that study and know what their talking about like me know this. Our schedule is so brutal we'll be lucky to win 4 games out of the first 12. We got lucky last year and were gifted 2 wins. Our kicker was our MVP for **** sake. So yeah we can be worse than 8-8 and most likely will be.

You're welcome

So what reasons do you feel good about the jets?

Wanting to play until you are in your mid 40's and actually doing it are different things.  Baseball isn't a contact sport and look at Jeter. Last year changed his mind and has him retiring earlier.  

In football you don't always get to say when you want to hang them up.

But Max not sure if you saw Blanda play towards the end of his career. He was AMAZING.  Truly a guy who defied the odds.  He showed it can be done.

And Brady himself has defied the odds. A 6th round choice who looked like a wimp at the combine.  I wouldn't put anything pass Brady. 

Anything can happen. The texans went from playoffs to #1 pick in the draft in the span of one season. The falcons went from the NFC championship game to 4-12 in the same time frame.

Honestly if that can happen to those teams, I can easily see it happening to the Jets.

I like this post. It makes me feel good. Anything to get rid of that has been and get a real prospect in at QB. 

You're welcome

Damn I thought I was an azzhole when it comes to Eugene.  GO Go GO Speed Racer Goooooo 

Bottom line is this. Vick will take over early in the season. I say we go 1-2 in first 3 games with Eugene showing zippo.

In game 4 he flounders horrifically and Rex pulls the plug. Enter Vick the Quick. Exit Eugene the Suck Bag.

Rex wants, needs, is desperate to win.  There will be a very very short leash on Eugene.

We have the best 'back up' qb in football (who's really the starter) and the worst starter in football (who's really the worst back up).  

So spin it as you may....this is a positive in my eyes.  

So what reasons do you feel good about the jets?

We have an average at best oline.

Geno at QB

All poss wr's

Our lb corp is slow and again average at best

Our secondary was bad last year and hasn't improved at all

Rex is our coach

Please tell me what there is to be positive about this team? Fans need to wake the **** up an stop settling for this sh*t product. Jet fans are happy with conceding the div every year and happy with 8-8. Until this fan base wakes up nothing will change.

Geno at QB

All poss wr's

Rex is our coach

Please tell me what there is to be positive about this team? Fans need to wake the **** up an stop settling for this sh*t product. Jet fans are happy with conceding the div every year and happy with 8-8. Until this fan base wakes up nothing will change.

Everyone can find something different.  There are enough threads here to "wake the **** up." Go post in them. This thread is for fans who want a change of pace. 

Defense - a cross the board loaded with talent, not much experience but enough. And rex has a great record with defenses.

Offense - if everyone can stay healthy there's weapons, we'll need Geno to take a leap which he is on pace for and how the league is today amaro will have to be a gem.

#TightEnds are the future

Geno at QB

All poss wr's

Rex is our coach

You loss all hope. Lol

Why are you still a fan?

That's pretty bad. Try and be a bit more realistic.  

Eugene is so bad teams spot the Jets 14 points for games he starts. 

Eugene is so bad Lysol wanted him to be their spokesman.

Eugene is so bad when sheep see him they go bahhahahahad.

Eugene is so bad even his mother disowned him.

As long as he's not as bad as that famous Oswald sense of humor, we should be okay.

But Max not sure if you saw Blanda play towards the end of his career. He was AMAZING. 

He didn't play much QB after the age of 39. Solid kicker, though. He's also the outlier when it comes to talking about players with long careers.

Damn I thought I was an azzhole

Self awareness is key.

You're welcome

The owner of the site started a thread looking for people to talk about Jet-related positives only. He reiterated exactly what he was looking for in a subsequent post. You have the entirety of the rest of this site for your negative blathering, where you will certainly find many compatriots. Just keep your negativity out of this one thread. It's really not too much to ask.

Thanks.

But Max not sure if you saw Blanda play towards the end of his career. He was AMAZING. Truly a guy who defied the odds. He showed it can be done.

And Brady himself has defied the odds. A 6th round choice who looked like a wimp at the combine. I wouldn't put anything pass Brady.

Never saw blanda play. But you are right it is totally the same game today. You convinced me. But this is for another thread. This thread is reasons to feel good about the jets.

another reason I feel good about the Jets it isheading to have more depth than they have a very long time.

Also I love when people talk about how [Milliner] shut down Gordon. LOL The guy ONLY caught 7/97 or something like that.

Gordon was targeted 16 times that day and caught just 6 of them for, yes, 97 yards and zero TDs. His longest reception was 24 yards. Milliner also had an interception. A fan would have to be crazy to view that as a positive performance from a rookie against one of the league's elite WRs, though, right? Of course.

You're welcome

Geno at QB

All poss wr's

Rex is our coach

Go away

The owner of the site started a thread looking for people to talk about Jet-related positives only. He reiterated exactly what he was looking for in a subsequent post. You have the entirety of the rest of this site for your negative blathering, where you will certainly find many compatriots. Just keep your negativity out of this one thread. It's really not too much to ask.

Thanks.

Can you just start a separate forum for T0mShane and his miserable **** friends to go post in? They're ruining the site.

Defense - a cross the board loaded with talent, not much experience but enough. And rex has a great record with defenses.

Offense - if everyone can stay healthy there's weapons, we'll need Geno to take a leap which he is on pace for and how the league is today amaro will have to be a gem.

#TightEnds are the future

Good post!

Gordon was targeted 16 times that day and caught just 6 of them for, yes, 97 yards and zero TDs. His longest reception was 24 yards. Milliner also had an interception. A fan would have to be crazy to view that as a positive performance from a rookie against one of the league's elite WRs, though, right? Of course.

I will take 6 for 16 with no TDs and an INT.

I will take 6 for 16 with no TDs and an INT.

Exactly...Josh Gordon was far and away the best WR in the NFL last season.  Holding him to that stat line with 16 targets is a hell of a day.

Exactly...Josh Gordon was far and away the best WR in the NFL last season.  Holding him to that stat line with 16 targets is a hell of a day.

Yeah, but Gordon was probably stoned.

I know every season is different, but here's another positive thought: in 2013 the jets were 7-1 in games which they scored 20 or more points. Even more impressive : the jets were 7-4 when scoring at least 10 points.

I didn't realize that.  Crazy stats.  And with year two Geno along with Decker, Johnson and Amaro 20 points should be easier to attain.  Last year 20 points was like a mirage in the desert.

I didn't realize that. Crazy stats. And with year two Geno along with Decker, Johnson and Amaro 20 points should be easier to attain. Last year 20 points was like a mirage in the desert.

Just goes to show you how great our defense can become. Mind you our pass defense wasn't performing well and due to all the turnovers on offense our defense was on the field A LOT. With reduced turnovers and an improved secondary the Jets will have the chance to win more games than some of us may think. Some positivity never hurt anyone.

Archived