Reasons to feel good about the Jets

Maxman

• Replies 162
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sperm - you've been bringing it lately. Thanks for keeping the board readable and smacking around Tom and his minions.

I wasn't aware anyone read these except me.

Tom likes to be smacked. And whipped. And chained and stuffed into a gimp trunk. Truth be told, it's ok now and then. But he has an infatuation with it that...well, IMO it's not healthy.

I'm cautiously optimistic about the Jets because I have watched them for a decade plus & they have shown me they can lose when they are supposed to win and win when they are supposed to lose. The past 3 seasons have been mediocre. I hope this team makes a playoff appearance for the 1st time since 4 seasons ago. Their schedule to begin the season is kind of difficult so I'm hoping they surprise and upset a few teams. 10 wins hopefully happens because I want to see this team in the playoffs again it makes the playoffs more intriguing when your team makes the playoffs. Lets Go Jets!

Reasons to feel good:

1 - the team is being managed well under Idzik.

1a - we aren't wasting picks by trading them away for players who have no long term future on the team

1b - we are in great financial shape for the next few seasons, ton of cap space next season.

2 - We have one of the youngest rosters in the league with some rising stars.

3 - We have a good head coach.

People will be surprised at how well the Jets do this season, we are going to be a good team.

Reasons to feel good:

1 - the team is being managed well under Idzik.

1a - we aren't wasting picks by trading them away for players who have no long term future on the team

1b - we are in great financial shape for the next few seasons, ton of cap space next season.

2 - We have one of the youngest rosters in the league with some rising stars.

3 - We have a good head coach.

People will be surprised at how well the Jets do this season, we are going to be a good team.

All very good reasons. Sometimes it's easy to overlook our financial flexibility and how young our team is, both very solid points.

Biggest actual positive, we're headed in the right direction.

It's easy to overlook because so much can get hidden when the QB is so bad (which Smith was in most games).

I really hope Geno gets a lot better, and not some incremental improvement.  Incremental improvement is for someone who was at least ok as a starting point, which (on balance) he wasn't. The additions at receiver (including CJ) should help a lot, but if he's still a bad QB then all the weaponz in the world aren't going to make him good (not that we have "all the weaponz in the world" now anyway). They'll mask the badness, for sure, but even a random great throw here or there still won't make him a good QB.

He's really the key. They can still make the playoffs even if he's a below-average starter, but man does that make it more difficult. We have to excel AND get a little lucky in so many other ways (including tie breakers going our way). I can't remember anyone winning 13 games with a below-average QB. It's probably happened, but no one comes to mind. 

It's easy to overlook because so much can get hidden when the QB is so bad (which Smith was in most games).

I really hope Geno gets a lot better, and not some incremental improvement.  Incremental improvement is for someone who was at least ok as a starting point, which (on balance) he wasn't. The additions at receiver (including CJ) should help a lot, but if he's still a bad QB then all the weaponz in the world aren't going to make him good (not that we have "all the weaponz in the world" now anyway). They'll mask the badness, for sure, but even a random great throw here or there still won't make him a good QB.

He's really the key. They can still make the playoffs even if he's a below-average starter, but man does that make it more difficult. We have to excel AND get a little lucky in so many other ways (including tie breakers going our way). I can't remember anyone winning 13 games with a below-average QB. It's probably happened, but no one comes to mind. 

2000 Ravens had 12 wins with Trent Dilfer sucking his way to the Super Bowl

I always feel good about the JETS at this time of the year. Its Jan and Feb I am more worried about.

lol

That's backwards.  This time of year there are nothing but worries.  Jan and Feb those worries are long since over.  What are you new to being a Jets fan or something?

I like the offseason also. Full of hope that hasn't yet been crushed by reality...or regular season football games.

lol

That's backwards. This time of year there are nothing but worries. Jan and Feb those worries are long since over. What are you new to being a Jets fan or something?

I like the offseason also. Full of hope that hasn't yet been crushed by reality...or regular season football games.

All is fun and games until we get blown out at home against Oakland in Week 1.

Archived