Rex: Geno Is Head & Shoulders Above Last Year

JetNation

someone posted last year that geno was a pot head, and he heard it from some sort of source.

obviously this is not proof of anything.

but as last year played out, I just couldn't help think he looked like a pot head. I was a pot head for 15 years. he had that sort of "can't wait to get this over so I can go back to my car and hit the dug-out" look on his face

just sort of a blank stare like there's someone in my head but it's not me

I mean thats unfair to call him a pothead because you think he has a look of a pothead. If someone had a source thats one thing, but besides the point you can't just call him a pothead because he has a look.

And a lot of guys smoked weed in college. Regardless, despite how Josh Gordon and Justin Blackmon act, weed is not addictive so if Geno did smoke weed in college he could have easily given it up. I think Geno seems pretty mature, the new york scene doesn't overwhelm him. He has an arrogance about him, but a good arrogance. Its a mindset that I'm good and I know it but at the same time when he is with the media he is humble. That is really how you survive the new york media. Be fully confident in yourself but never have it come across as overly confident. Jeter carries himself like that, he knows he's better than you but he doesn't carry himself that way.

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

All the attention is on Geno and I understand that.  However, I wonder if this will benefit a guy who nobody has any expectations of, who I think has the ability to become a breakout player - Stephen Hill.  If Hill steps up this year then Geno will really be set w/ weapons at WR.  I know it's probably a longshot but I felt since day 1 that Hill would need at least 2 years to learn how the pros do things before he would have any chance to produce.  This is year 3 for Hill so let's see.  Again, I'm not making any predictions that he'll be a superstar (or even good enough to not be cut).  I'm just saying he has a ton of ability and is very far under the radar right now.

Hill gets a lot of hate around here, but there he was again in camp, lining up with the starters. Pretty much where I expect him to be on opening day.

someone posted last year that geno was a pot head, and he heard it from some sort of source. 

obviously this is not proof of anything.

but as last year played out, I just couldn't help think he looked like a pot head.  I was a pot head for 15 years.  he had that sort of "can't wait to get this over so I can go back to my car and hit the dug-out" look on his face

just sort of a blank stare like there's someone in my head but it's not me

Pretty sure that someone was joewilly78. Not my go-to source for the facts.

Geno had that look on his face because he was completely overwhelmed as a rookie. He had no business starting last season, but Sanchez got hurt and the Jets had no one else remotely capable of playing on the roster. Like EY said, he came from a one-read spread offense, and never really took a snap from center. He came into the NFL really needing to learn the position he played in college. By all rights, he really should've sat his entire rookie year.

I'm encouraged by the early talk about him this year. He has that year of experience now under his belt. He had a whole offseason to digest it. He's playing with more confidence because he feels more confident - as he should! He should be a better player this year, and his surrounding cast is better, too.

I'm looking forward to getting a glimpse in the preseason.

this might be the post.  might not.  this might be sarcasm, not sure

So I guess this is where I can say that I have it on good authority that Geno is a huge pot head

anyway if this is the post, it just triggered something in my little brain like, "hey that makes sense" because I had been thinking there is something missing with this guy, something upstairs just isn't right

I could be 1,000 % wrong, hope I am, but to me it sort of fits

Here we go again.  Every year it's the same blustering out of the loud mouth New Yorkers.  Let me set you straight.  The Jets are overrated .  Thy're in the weakest conference year in and year out.  The AFC east is a one team conference...the Patriots!  And if the Patriots were anywhere else, they'd still would probably make the playoffs, but only as a wildcard.  The Geno pick was absolutely stupid (but then again, it's the Jets).  And what has Michael Vick ever accomplished?  Oh yeah, now I'm starting to remember.  It had something to do with household pets I think.  Lets face it, the Jets are still living off of a 1969 fluke.  Do the math.  That was 45 years ago.  The only fitting thing about the Jets is the head coach.  But then again, a loud mouth blow hard is appropriate to satisfy the delusions of Jets fans.  I know this sounds hard, but in order to move forward and improve, you have to accept the facts.  It may not be a regular season game however, wait until August 28th when we spank the Jets.

Here we go again.  Every year it's the same blustering out of the loud mouth New Yorkers.  Let me set you straight.  The Jets are overrated .  Thy're in the weakest conference year in and year out.  The AFC east is a one team conference...the Patriots!  And if the Patriots were anywhere else, they'd still would probably make the playoffs, but only as a wildcard.  The Geno pick was absolutely stupid (but then again, it's the Jets).  And what has Michael Vick ever accomplished?  Oh yeah, now I'm starting to remember.  It had something to do with household pets I think.  Lets face it, the Jets are still living off of a 1969 fluke.  Do the math.  That was 45 years ago.  The only fitting thing about the Jets is the head coach.  But then again, a loud mouth blow hard is appropriate to satisfy the delusions of Jets fans.  I know this sounds hard, but in order to move forward and improve, you have to accept the facts.  It may not be a regular season game however, wait until August 28th when we spank the Jets.

how is old buttfumble doing ?

This hurts, but only because your opinion means so much to me.

this might be the post. might not. this might be sarcasm, not sure

anyway if this is the post, it just triggered something in my little brain like, "hey that makes sense" because I had been thinking there is something missing with this guy, something upstairs just isn't right

I could be 1,000 % wrong, hope I am, but to me it sort of fits

I've heard it twice in the past 8 months, from two completely unrelated, independent sources, that they did different jobs in his condo and the condo was all smoked out.

Here we go again. Every year it's the same blustering out of the loud mouth New Yorkers. Let me set you straight. The Jets are overrated . Thy're in the weakest conference year in and year out. The AFC east is a one team conference...the Patriots! And if the Patriots were anywhere else, they'd still would probably make the playoffs, but only as a wildcard. The Geno pick was absolutely stupid (but then again, it's the Jets). And what has Michael Vick ever accomplished? Oh yeah, now I'm starting to remember. It had something to do with household pets I think. Lets face it, the Jets are still living off of a 1969 fluke. Do the math. That was 45 years ago. The only fitting thing about the Jets is the head coach. But then again, a loud mouth blow hard is appropriate to satisfy the delusions of Jets fans. I know this sounds hard, but in order to move forward and improve, you have to accept the facts. It may not be a regular season game however, wait until August 28th when we spank the Jets.

reading-ikea-intructions-big-lebowski-co

Here we go again. Every year it's the same blustering out of the loud mouth New Yorkers. Let me set you straight. The Jets are overrated . Thy're in the weakest conference year in and year out. The AFC east is a one team conference...the Patriots! And if the Patriots were anywhere else, they'd still would probably make the playoffs, but only as a wildcard. The Geno pick was absolutely stupid (but then again, it's the Jets). And what has Michael Vick ever accomplished? Oh yeah, now I'm starting to remember. It had something to do with household pets I think. Lets face it, the Jets are still living off of a 1969 fluke. Do the math. That was 45 years ago. The only fitting thing about the Jets is the head coach. But then again, a loud mouth blow hard is appropriate to satisfy the delusions of Jets fans. I know this sounds hard, but in order to move forward and improve, you have to accept the facts. It may not be a regular season game however, wait until August 28th when we spank the Jets.

Talking sh*t about a preseason game..... The trait of dynasties

And how many Super Bowls have the Eagles won exactly? If I remember correctly, the Patriots, who would be a wild card team in other divisions, beat the Eagles in what was it '05?

And how many Super Bowls have the Eagles won exactly? If I remember correctly, the Patriots, who would be a wild card team in other divisions, beat the Eagles in what was it '05?

Don't argue with a guy whose premise is that we are going to get spanked in a game of guys trying out for their respective practice squads. You'll feel better.

I've heard it twice in the past 8 months, from two completely unrelated, independent sources, that they did different jobs in his condo and the condo was all smoked out.

ok, so it wasn't sarcasm.....lets hope his evil roommate gets high, lol

They'd. Still. Would. Probably. You certainly are a Philly fan.

The Newark Star-Ledger's Jordan Raanan said Giants QB Ryan Nassib "was a train wreck during Friday's practice."

"One 8-yard throw to the far side probably missed his receiver by eight yards," Raanan said. "Nassib needs to get it together." The Giants will give every opportunity to a player they spent a fourth-round pick on just one year ago, but Nassib may not have the talent to capitalize. With New York traditionally only keeping two quarterbacks, Nassib is staring into the very real possibility he is cut.

I remember when this guy was better than Geno. Hey, the Pinstripe Bowl!

So what's wrong with Geno limbering up his mind in his free time?   He appears to be focused and have his act together in camp.  Contractors are always the best source of accurate and truthful information. 

1) The Pats would kick your's and anyone elses ass in the nfc east over the last 12+ years. So you have no room to talk.

2) Jets can't be overrated because we suck and haven't had a winning season in years.

3) Yes the Geno pick was awful. Reports are he looks bad in camp, but Vick looks much worse. Looks like he's going to quit like he did in Atl and Philly. And no Vick hasn't done anything. Ever. Most overrated player in NFL history.

4) Jets are living on a fluke. Most fans don't want to admit this. They are insecure and desperate to be a fan of a good football team. Problem is they root for the jets. Not the Giants. The jets are pretty pathetic. I mean its pains me knowing my fav team has won as many division titles as the Jags. I mean think about that. The freakin Jags! And we've only been out of the first round 7 times in our history! Its sad. No way around it.

5) I think we go 6-10 this year because our schedule is just bruatl and our "upgrades" aren't as good as some make them out to be.

6) I think the Eagles do pretty well but will have a tough time repeating as division champs. 

Hey, Pats fan.

Next time you reply to a post, do it outside of the quoted post.

Or don't reply, that's cool too.

Not a Pats fan. Doesn't bother me one bit. 

Bitter jets fans? Maybe? Not a Pats fan though. If I was I would be talking to their fans about winning and contending for another SB.

But I'm here with you talking about Geno and if he can perfect the 7 step drop back from the shotgun. Or if he'll survive through 5-6 weeks of the reg season. 

And I can reply anyway I want. Stop bullying me.

This whole board is jumping on my dick and up my ass. I wouldn't say I'm the best poster on here. Or the most knowledgable. Maybe the best and most knowledgable over the last 5-10 years? 

The Newark Star-Ledger's Jordan Raanan said Giants QB Ryan Nassib "was a train wreck during Friday's practice."

"One 8-yard throw to the far side probably missed his receiver by eight yards," Raanan said. "Nassib needs to get it together." The Giants will give every opportunity to a player they spent a fourth-round pick on just one year ago, but Nassib may not have the talent to capitalize. With New York traditionally only keeping two quarterbacks, Nassib is staring into the very real possibility he is cut.

I remember when this guy was better than Geno. Hey, the Pinstripe Bowl!

HIS HANDS ARE SO BIG

So what's wrong with Geno limbering up his mind in his free time? nothing if you don't mind your quarterback hot boxing every free moment of his spare time He appears to be focused and have his act together in camp. Contractors are always the best source of accurate and truthful information.your ignorant

Archived