Training Camp Updates day 3 (first full pads practice)

Lupz27

• Replies 181
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A receiver should be able to do one thing well in his sleep.. and thats catch balls. This isn't the first time we are hearing of Jace dropping balls.. and its only three days in.

Also, Gates is hot garbage. But he is supposedly one fast SOB.. not that we've ever seen it. One of the few guys who should be able to outrun Dee in a straight line. Lets just hope it was a speed contest and not Milliner returning the Day 1, Season 1 form.

You're operating under the notion that they're catching balls in a vacuum, which just isn't true. They have to worry about the coverage, what route to run in that coverage, getting hit by someone trying to knock them out in addition to catching the ball.  It's the reason why you see guys like Braylon go from leading the league in drops to dropping one or two all season. Once you aren't thinking about playing and just reacting, you're able to operate at a much faster pace as well as put your focus on catching the ball or making a defender miss.  I can't think of a single receiver or tight end who caught 100 balls in one season who went on to have his hands dog him in the NFL.

True but if he doesn't step up, could be another long year. If not him, hopefully one of our 9 CBs will.  :1cry:

Yeah man. I am worried about his play more than I am Geno's. I fear the end of last season was more a great accident than anything. 

Yeah man. I am worried about his play more than I am Geno's. I fear the end of last season was more a great accident than anything. 

The guy is super talented. I think it's more likely that he finally put it together than it was a fluke.  Keep your head up. It's early.

The guy is super talented. I think it's more likely that he finally put it together than it was a fluke.  Keep your head up. It's early.

I was super pumped when we took him. I thought that athleticism was gonna make our pain of losing Revis not sting as much. But last season was tough to watch. He looked lost out there. I hope you're right. I am excited about the season, just really cringing at seeing what Milliner shows us. 

It's so very popular to use Clyde Gates as a punch line nowadays. But reality and history paint a different picture. The kid is immensely athletic and very fast, but has always been raw and has had some inconsistent games. Prior to injury, he was becoming a real threat on a team that had absolutely no threats. He was on the rise. Now he's back from injury and flashing again. And the good ol jets fans snicker and point. Clyde gates will be the breakout player this year. He will. If healthy, he's going to surprise the sh*t out of people.

It's so very popular to use Clyde Gates as a punch line nowadays. But reality and history paint a different picture. The kid is immensely athletic and very fast, but has always been raw and has had some inconsistent games. Prior to injury, he was becoming a real threat on a team that had absolutely no threats. He was on the rise. Now he's back from injury and flashing again. And the good ol jets fans snicker and point. Clyde gates will be the breakout player this year. He will. If healthy, he's going to surprise the sh*t out of people.

He has shown nothing. He was a cast off from the Dolphins. THE DOLPHINS. Hopefully he doesn't make the roster.

I was super pumped when we took him. I thought that athleticism was gonna make our pain of losing Revis not sting as much. But last season was tough to watch. He looked lost out there. I hope you're right. I am excited about the season, just really cringing at seeing what Milliner shows us. 

I hear ya. Having the whole training camp this season is going to help him. I'm not worried. 

Sooooooo are we concerned that our hard-hitting safety got his first NFL concussion approximately ten minutes after putting his NFL pads on?

sooooooo where did you see it was confirmed as a concussion ?

To be honest I'd rather see Geno play well than Milliner. But I see what you're saying and I wish both could play as expected of them. 

Archived