Mark Sanchez BALLIN' out at Eagles camp

T0mShane

• Replies 375
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am more of a jerk. Putz's tend to type a lot more for minimal insult/joke payoff. They also use mock laughter as a substitute for wit.

No no...I've read plenty of your comments and always perceived you as a putz.

Between your holier than thou attitude and corny one liners that you mistake for wit...I'm sure you have yet a couple more words to describe yourself that you'd like me to believe...but this isn't online line dating sir, I have no use for your self description.

What does sooth the itchy...annoying...festering that accompanies dealing with you and your self righteousness...is the fact that you would be as pleasant as pie if by chance we crossed paths...so take your snide comments and pound sand Apesh#t.

No no...I've read plenty of your comments and always perceived you as a putz.

Between your holier than thou attitude and corny one liners that you mistake for wit...I'm sure you have yet a couple more words to describe yourself that you'd like me to believe...but this isn't online line dating sir, I have no use for your self description.

What does sooth the itchy...annoying...festering that accompanies dealing with you and your self righteousness...is the fact that you would be as pleasant as pie if by chance we crossed paths...so take your snide comments and pound sand Apesh#t.

Is this a personal attack or praise? I'm unsure.

Is this a personal attack or praise? I'm unsure.

It cant be a personal attack because punishment for that is strictly enforced and punishable by even death sometimes. so I'm assuming its praise.

Latest report on Sanchez.

Mark Sanchez vs. Matt Barkley: Day 7 breakdown from Eagles training camp
NFL: Philadelphia Eagles-Training Camp
Jul 26, 2014; Philadelphia, PA, USA;
on August 03, 2014 at 4:30 PM, updated August 03, 2014 at 4:44 PM

PHILADELPHIA -- Just like last season, all eyes are on the quarterback position as the Eagles go through their training camp at the NovaCare Complex.

Only this season, the eyes are on the backups.

With Nick Foles firmly cemented in as the starting quarterback heading into this season, backups Mark Sanchez and Matt Barkley are left battling it out to see who will be the guy should Foles go down. Even second-year player G.J. Kinne has forced his way into the competition, taking some third-team reps from Barkley.

The main battle, however, is between Sanchez and Barkley. The two could not be more different, as Sanchez brings 64 games of starting experience to his potential role as backup. Barkley, on the other hand, is entering just his second-season, and would seem to have a higher ceiling if given the opportunity to play.

Here is how each quarterback performed on Sunday.

Mark Sanchez:
Reps on Sunday: 29
Stats on Sunday: 13/19
Analysis: Sanchez did a nice job moving the ball on Sunday, as he got his unit all the way down into the red zone in a drill against the second-team defense. Sanchez stalled there, however, missing his next three passes. The quarterback's best throw of the day was down the right sideline to tight end Zach Ertz, as he hit the second-year player in stride and put it where only he could get it over the cornerback. Overall, not a bad or special day from the veteran.
Overall Stats: 188 reps (all with second team), 109/144, 3 TD, 2 INT
Stock: Same

Matt Barkley:
Reps on Sunday: 15 reps (all with third team)
Stats on Sunday: 6/10, TD
Analysis: Barkley looked like the best quarterback on the team for parts of Sunday's practice, as he started the day 6 of 7 with a long touchdown. The scoring pass was to receiver B.J. Cunningham, who pulled it in over cornerback Curtis Marsh before rolling into the end zone. The pass answered some questions about Barkley's arm strength, as he put it where it needed to be about 45 yards down the field. The play was up-and-down, however, as he fumbled the ball twice -- something that is hard to do when the defenders can't touch you.
Overall Stats: 101 reps (all with third team), 60/83, 4 TDs, INT
Stock: Same

GJ Kinne:
Reps on Sunday: 4 reps (mixture of third and fourth team)
Stats on Sunday: 2/4
Analysis: Before practice, head coach Chip Kelly said he admires the way fourth-stringer GJ Kinne can go 20 or 30 minutes at a time without running a team drill, but can be effective once he gets in there. Kinne did wait around on Sunday, as he got just four reps, but he was not overly effective, going just 2 of 4. Kinne is going to have to really light it up in the preseason to get back in the race to make the team.
Overall Stats: 54 reps (mixture of third and fourth team), 24/34, 2 INT
Stock: Down

Nick Foles:
Reps on Sunday: 32 reps (all with first team)
Stats on Sunday: 15/20, 1 TD, INT
Analysis: Judging Foles on a daily basis is tough. On one hand, he is the only quarterback facing the first-team defense, and the first-team offense (according to Kelly) runs more complex plays than the backups do. In that way, it is hard to compare Foles to the other quarterbacks, who face backups with a vanilla playbook. On the other hand, with camp now over a week old, Foles has not been especially sharp overall. He had two interceptions on Sunday (one in one-on-one drills), and didn't get his team into the red zone in a drill early on in practice. Foles end the day on a high note, hitting tight end Brent Celek with a perfectly placed ball in the front of the end zone for the touchdown.
Overall Stats: 229 reps (all with first team), 124/162, 2 TD, 3 INT

If the season started today, the depth chart would be.....
Foles, Sanchez, Barkley, Kinne

http://www.nj.com/eagles/index.ssf/2014/08/mark_sanchez_vs_matt_barkley_day_7_breakdown_from_eagles_training_camp.html

I think I was one of them. :biggrin:  Right now it looks like he's closing in on backup, what happens after is anybody's guess.  Not really a fan, just think the guy got stuck with Schottenheimer and Sparano, that'll knock anybody down.

But Sparano was good for Chad Pennington I thought. And QBs like Brees and Rivers have absolutely gushed about Schottenheimer (Brees in particular). And injury aside, look at the difference in Bradford's numbers since he got there. Each of them is better than Sanchez's very best.

Aside from 2007, when Pennington was trying to set the pick-6 record, and the rest was Clemens's first NFL action, Sanchez has (by far) been the worst QB on the field for Schottenheimer.

BS was not my favorite, and I'm happier with Mornhinweg, but c'mon Schottenheimer didn't gameplan for Sanchez to keep turning the ball over or throw it too high, too low, to hot, too lobbed, too much in front, or too much behind his receivers. Last year Kellen Clemens completed 58.7% of his passes (with Schottenheimer as his OC). That sub-par level would be a career record for Sanchez by 2 full percentage points. That's with worse protection and far less-established wepponz.

Right now the reason Sanchez has got the #2 job over Barkley - and it's a sound reason - is experience plus Barkley isn't exactly amazing himself.  And he isn't exactly wiping the floor with Barkley either. If Foles goes down mid-game I'm sure they'd rather the guy with so many more NFL games under his belt, including playoff games. In theory, he's less likely to do stupid, panicky things. Kelly will see, even if he gets significant action, that even a few good statistical games in a row will still ultimately lead to failure.

I'm glad we've moved on.

Remember those two guys that told us Sanchez would start turning into Rich Gannon as soon as he left the Jets? Good times.

Even Gannon wasn't Gannon until he was 34. Sanchez has time.

the jets/eagles game will be the most overhyped PS game

OF ALL TIME

You're obviously too young to have listened to Marty Glickman announcing the 1969 Yale Bowl on the radio. Joe Willie's Jets beat the Giants-good ol Mike Battle a rookie from USC with a hurdling 86 yard punt return for a TD and Joe shredding the Giants secondary. Almost 71 thousand NY football fans at an exhibition game

Here is a look at how each quarterback did on Friday night in the team's 34-28 loss to the Chicago Bears.

Nick Foles:
Analysis: The preseason couldn't have gotten off to a worse start for the Eagles' quarterback, as he threw as many interceptions in the first quarter of the game as he did all of last season. Foles' two picks on the night were ugly, as both hit Bears' defenders right in the chest. The concerning part of Foles' performance was the chances he took with the ball. The ugliest number for Foles, however, might be the 44 yards the offense gained in the three series he was in there. It should be noted that Foles was basically without his top two receivers, as Maclin played sparingly and Riley Cooper didn't dress.
Stats: 6/9, 44 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 38.4 QB rating
Grade: F

Mark Sanchez:
Analysis: Sanchez took his strong play in training camp to Chicago with him, as the backup came in and lead the Eagles to two touchdowns in his first three drives. After going three-and-out on his first series, Sanchez had two nice throws on his second drive to tight end Zach Ertz to get his team into the red zone. Had it not been for backup tight end James Casey slipping on the one yard line, Sanchez would have had a touchdown pass.
Stats: 7/10, 79 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 93.3 QB rating

Grade: A

Matt Barkley:
Analysis: Barkley's time in the game was up-and-down, and it's not clear how much of the down was his fault. Barkley had three passes dropped by rookie Jordan Matthews, who has displayed some of the best hands on the team during the training camp. Barkley's interception came on what looked to be a miscommunication between the quarterback and receiver Josh Huff, as the ball went behind Huff, as if Barkley was expecting him to comeback. Still, after throwing four interceptions last season, seeing the second-year quarterback turn it over again is not a good sign. Barkley did have a few nice passes, including a 14-yard touchdown pass to running back David Fluellen.
Stats: 7/16, 73 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 52.3 QB rating
Grade: C+

Well, this is interesting.  Maybe Sanchez isn't quite the putz that he looked under Schottenheimer and Sparano.  It's Geno's team now and I'm cheering for him, but Sanchez seemed to devolve from his rookie year while with the Jets.

Well, this is interesting. Maybe Sanchez isn't quite the putz that he looked under Schottenheimer and Sparano. It's Geno's team now and I'm cheering for him, but Sanchez seemed to devolve from his rookie year while with the Jets.

If only he can play backups all season.

Here is a look at how each quarterback did on Friday night in the team's 34-28 loss to the Chicago Bears.

Nick Foles:

Analysis: The preseason couldn't have gotten off to a worse start for the Eagles' quarterback, as he threw as many interceptions in the first quarter of the game as he did all of last season. Foles' two picks on the night were ugly, as both hit Bears' defenders right in the chest. The concerning part of Foles' performance was the chances he took with the ball. The ugliest number for Foles, however, might be the 44 yards the offense gained in the three series he was in there. It should be noted that Foles was basically without his top two receivers, as Maclin played sparingly and Riley Cooper didn't dress.

Stats: 6/9, 44 yards, 0 TD, 2 INT, 38.4 QB rating

Grade: F

Mark Sanchez:

Analysis: Sanchez took his strong play in training camp to Chicago with him, as the backup came in and lead the Eagles to two touchdowns in his first three drives. After going three-and-out on his first series, Sanchez had two nice throws on his second drive to tight end Zach Ertz to get his team into the red zone. Had it not been for backup tight end James Casey slipping on the one yard line, Sanchez would have had a touchdown pass.

Stats: 7/10, 79 yards, 0 TD, 0 INT, 93.3 QB rating

Grade: A

Matt Barkley:

Analysis: Barkley's time in the game was up-and-down, and it's not clear how much of the down was his fault. Barkley had three passes dropped by rookie Jordan Matthews, who has displayed some of the best hands on the team during the training camp. Barkley's interception came on what looked to be a miscommunication between the quarterback and receiver Josh Huff, as the ball went behind Huff, as if Barkley was expecting him to comeback. Still, after throwing four interceptions last season, seeing the second-year quarterback turn it over again is not a good sign. Barkley did have a few nice passes, including a 14-yard touchdown pass to running back David Fluellen.

Stats: 7/16, 73 yards, 1 TD, 1 INT, 52.3 QB rating

Grade: C+

The terror grows.

I was the proud owner of a shotgun-blasted Jets game day jersey with letters spelling "Sanchez" on the back. I really got my money out of that rag out in the desert. I have never been a Sanchez fan.  Usually when we won, it was despite Sanchez.  And on the rare plays where he made big impact, it always looked like there was considerable luck involved.  But I would not rule out a semi-resurection for the following reasons:

The surgery required from the severe injury from the Gints game might have been the best thing that could have happened to Mex.  He had lingering shoulder problems and unsuccessfully tried to fix them through rest and re-hab.  Reports are the surgery not only produced a "final" solution to the problems, but left his shoulder and arm stronger than ever before.

Also, watching the highlights of the game, the Eagles offensive system seems to really suit him.  Quick passes with lots of play action (the one thing he actually did well with the Jets). One play out of the shotgun he resorted to the multiple pump fakes that previously would have resulted in a batted ball or INT by a D-lineman, but he still looked under control and completed a long pass down the middle.

Finally, experience has to count for something.   His low-lights with the Jets minimally produced some useful scar tissue.

Who knows?  Maybe being a system QB in Philly is exactly what he needed.

Uhh

Yeah, I was going to but passed up on the opportunity.

It's early -- only one coffee in me, so purely a foggy accidental use of the term on my part.   You guys have twisted minds to take it that way, anyhow.  

Archived