Guy We Didn't Draft (Though Talked About) Dazzles At Saints Camp

TuscanyTile2

Point being there are no small true #1 elite WR's in this league. If I'm drafting a guy in the first round he needs to have size....the speedsters can be found later. How Kenny Stills went in the 5th still shocks me.

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

That was the Sanchez draft right?

Yeah.  I wasn't as high on Harvin as some of you guys.  Not for any particular reason.  I just didn't love him.  Imagine Favre and Harvin or Maclin in 2009, plus a 2nd rounder and all the guys we traded?  Could have had LeSean McCoy with that 2nd.  There were a few times when trade rumors were floating that the Jets were linked to Harvin, but I'm glad they did not give up a first and a third for him in 2013.   

Yeah.  I wasn't as high on Harvin as some of you guys.  Not for any particular reason.  I just didn't love him.  Imagine Favre and Harvin or Maclin in 2009, plus a 2nd rounder and all the guys we traded?  Could have had LeSean McCoy with that 2nd.  There were a few times when trade rumors were floating that the Jets were linked to Harvin, but I'm glad they did not give up a first and a third for him in 2013.   

Yeah Mccoy would have been awesome. No idea what the organization saw in Green to love him that much.

http://www.rotoworld.com/player/nfl/9404/brandin-cooks

First-round WR Brandin Cooks has been the "star" of the "entire" Saints training camp so far.

Beat writers, coaches and teammates have been raving about Cooks on an almost daily basis since camp opened. It continues on Saturday as the reigning Biletnikoff Award winner lit up the Saints defense in an intrasquad scrimmage for an unofficial six catches with one touchdown. Per beat man Mike Triplett, "it really has been remarkable how consistent and versatile Cooks has been." He's going to play inside the numbers as a versatile chess piece for Sean Payton and Drew Brees, giving Cooks immediate upside at his late eighth-round ADP.

This is the guy I wanted the Jets to draft.  Don't get me wrong though.  After seeing Calvin Pryor's highlights (crushing hits), I was fine w/ the pick.  I'm no expert anyway.  But I will be following Brandin Cooks.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000371038/article/brandin-cook

Rookie wide receiver Brandin Cooks lit up training camp on Tuesday with the session's finest play, taking a Brees screen pass the distance and showing off his speed and wiggle along the way.s-dazzles-at-new-orleans-saints-camp

Sent 31 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

Hey Tuscany,

Some of the old guys from the old NJO message board are getting a league together and wanted to know if you wanted to be included. Just a way of keeping that old Jets message board alive in some ways and keeping in touch. CMart, JaxJets, Draft, RoyB and others are participating. We'd love to have you with us! Private message me to let me know what email address to have the invitation sent and you can join up.

Regards,

EBoozer

Sent 31 July 2014 - 12:24 PM

Hey Tuscany,

Some of the old guys from the old NJO message board are getting a league together and wanted to know if you wanted to be included. Just a way of keeping that old Jets message board alive in some ways and keeping in touch. CMart, JaxJets, Draft, RoyB and others are participating. We'd love to have you with us! Private message me to let me know what email address to have the invitation sent and you can join up.

Regards,

EBoozer

Hey EBoozer!  I very much appreciate the offer but I'm in a couple of leagues already.  I don't think I can handle any more.  :)

Hey EBoozer!  I very much appreciate the offer but I'm in a couple of leagues already.  I don't think I can handle any more.  :)

Understand completely. I'm maxed out at 4. good to see your posts.... sad about the decline of the old board. We all had a good thing going there.

Brandin Cooks caught five passes for 55 yards and one touchdown in Friday night's preseason opener against the Rams.

Cooks lined up all over the field, playing every wide receiver position known to man. He saw a team-high eight targets and made Rams rookie DBs E.J. Gaines and Lamarcus Joyner look silly on his 25-yard catch-and-run touchdown. Cooks stopped on a dime, allowing Gaines to run right by him, before bursting past Joyner into the end zone. Cooks is lightning quick and certainly looks like he'll be the main beneficiary of Darren Sproles' departure. He has WR2 upside.

Brandin Cooks caught five passes for 55 yards and one touchdown in Friday night's preseason opener against the Rams.

Cooks lined up all over the field, playing every wide receiver position known to man. He saw a team-high eight targets and made Rams rookie DBs E.J. Gaines and Lamarcus Joyner look silly on his 25-yard catch-and-run touchdown. Cooks stopped on a dime, allowing Gaines to run right by him, before bursting past Joyner into the end zone. Cooks is lightning quick and certainly looks like he'll be the main beneficiary of Darren Sproles' departure. He has WR2 upside.

Ya but is he Jack Tatum

Still don't know how these GMs get their jobs. Watkins, Cooks, Lee were clearly top wrs in this draft.

Beckham?!? Wasn't even the best WR on his own team.

GMs were asked about recievers in this draft and alot of them had odell beckham as the 2nd best wr ahead of mike evans so no idea what your talking about

And really your gonna blast nfl gms andscouts who have 1000s of hours of film and practice to watch compared to your godly armchairgm scouting ability when u watch a few games of receivers on saturdays

Still don't know how these GMs get their jobs. Watkins, Cooks, Lee were clearly top wrs in this draft.

Beckham?!? Wasn't even the best WR on his own team.

Neither was Laveranues Coles. Actually he was the third WR from his team taken in the draft. Cincy took the first two (one of them #4 in the country and the other in round 3). Both were ahead of him on FSU's depth chart and had better stats. 

Brian Hartline / Brian Robiskie

DeSean Jackson / Lavelle Hawkins

Jimmy Graham / Dedrick Epps

Mike Wallace / Shay Hodge (1A/1B stats-wise in college)

At other positions, off the top of my head Matt Cassel / Matt Leinart (not that Cassel's so awesome either, but Leinart is/was a total zero even with Fitz/Boldin).  Willie Parker was never more than 3rd string in college. So many thought it was obvious that LenDale White was going to be the better pro RB than Reggie Bush (and for a few seasons it looked that way), who was supposedly better-suited for slot receiver than RB.

It's certainly not the norm, but it happens sometimes.

Archived