BLAH BLAH BLAH-please stop it already until you win something

Bugg

Meh, they were a Sanchez fumble at the end of the first half and Schotty Jr. going Schotty Snr. at the goalline from winning that game. They sustained a fast start and battled back.  That's why the game doesnt end at the half.  This happened to the great daunted D's of Seattle and San Fran in the past recent years on the big stage too. 

You seem to miss the most obvious point in all your disgusting excuse making. They lost.

I don't care what other teams it happened to. We're talking about the Jets, the "can't wait" nonsense, the superbowl level celebrating after beating the Pats, and the fact that in a DEFENSIVE struggle, predicated by who could stop the run and run the ball better, a game that is right in REX's wheelhouse, they couldn't find 2 FGs or a TD for a trip to the SB for the first time in how many decades? 

Yeah.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I really wish Rex would teach his players humility and to accept their place as a second tier after thought franchise. Bring in a de-motivational expert to teach them how to hang their heads low and hate the fact they are part of the Jets franchise, God knows we do.

-NY Jet fans

This is why I love you.

You seem to miss the most obvious point in all your disgusting excuse making. They lost.

I don't care what other teams it happened to. We're talking about the Jets, the "can't wait" nonsense, the superbowl level celebrating after beating the Pats, and the fact that in a DEFENSIVE struggle, predicated by who could stop the run and run the ball better, a game that is right in REX's wheelhouse, they couldn't find 2 FGs or a TD for a trip to the SB for the first time in how many decades? 

Yeah.

The Pats are the devil. Of course we will get excited when good triumphs over evil. Its natural. 

Yeah.

In my examples, San Fran and Seattle lost too, in a much worse fashion, with a better defense.  And I dont see how, when what team won their last SB plays any factor into the situation.  As if Pitt wanted it less because they have more and won more recent SB's.  That means nothing, moron.

Yeah.

Well that and the 322 pounds of lard I carry so well on my stout yet dainty frame.  

Well yeah, I love you for many other reasons too but when you bring that sexy sarcastic logic talk to the table like that, I get so hard I make metal detectors go off

Blah Blah Blah

Tom hating on Rex and the Jets- Jif loving Rex and the Jets- I am in a time warp

You know whats funny about me on this site, is it makes me optimistic because its so damn unnecessarily negative around here.  Anyone that remembers me from my JI days, or when I first arrived here, or the real life JiF, knows I'm actually a huge pessimist, especially when it comes to the Jets.

That said, my love for Rex plays into some of my optimism as well because he's the perfect guy to run this sh*t hole organization but its mainly the creeps like that Tom dude that make me defend this team to a level I've never done before.

The Pats are the devil. Of course we will get excited when good triumphs over evil. Its natural. 

We are fans. We're allowed to get excited after EVERY win.

The Jets blew their wad, and got beat at their own style of play - ground and pound - by Pittsburgh.

Great coaches. Great teams. Do NOT miss out on a trip to the Superbowl when the win is 6 points away. That's why I agree with the guy that said we got "smoked". You would have thought it was a 30 point loss. When your franchise hasn't been to the big game since SBIII and you just missed it the year before YOU FIND A WAY. 

Uness of course you cannot stop Rashard Mendenhall from dominating your vaunted, run-stuffing defense.

"Can't wait" is the banner statement for SOJ fans that whine about not winning, but then polish a turd when the team can't back up their own identity. Trash talk and ground/pound. 

Pathetic.

I really wish Rex would teach his players humility and to accept their place as a second tier after thought franchise.  Bring in a de-motivational expert to teach them how to hang their heads low and hate the fact they are part of the Jets franchise, God knows we do.

-NY Jet fans

My argument isn't that they need to learn humility. I can't speak for other fans though.

My argument is that they need to back up what they say, and if they don't then they should be accountable. Not talk more. Don't praise them for "bravado" and then letting a trip to the SB be taken from them because another team showed up and was better at what the Jets "do" than the Jets are.

Richard Sherman as an individual has backed-up 1000000x more of the sh*t that comes out of his mouth, than Rex and all the dopey ass players he's encouraged to fart out there mouths over the years. 

Back it up, fatty. That's all I want.

In my examples, San Fran and Seattle lost too, in a much worse fashion, with a better defense.  And I dont see how, when what team won their last SB plays any factor into the situation.  As if Pitt wanted it less because they have more and won more recent SB's.  That means nothing, moron.

Yeah.

Seattle and San Fran have nothing to do with us. They are irrelevant examples. Did Seattle and San Fran blow their wad, taunt the next opponent and then fall on their face? No. They got beat. We fell on our face. Pittsburgh played like sh*t and was VERY beatable in that game. We lost because we couldn't do the things Rex sold us right from his first press conference.

Trash talk doesn't bother me. Pussies who can't back it up, and bigger pussies who defend them... that bothers me.

YOU bother me.

Let's fight!

These players are children. Frightening children in android bodies. I do not care if they boast. I do not like my coach boasting. I expect professionalism from him, not a beer pong mentality. That does not mean he can't coach--he can. The fact that he feels compelled to tell everybody is very revealing.

Personally, I think anyone in any walk of life or profession is foolish if they think at such a young age they've learned all they can learn, and that there is nobody amongst their peers that they should aspire to be better than. 

Before talking. Every young player should look at Peyton Manning's pre-game and in-game efforts to learn and improve. This is a guy that IS the best there is, but he doesn't stop to tell himself or anyone else that. Instead the quest for learning and improving has defined every aspect of his career.

You're combining your way of thinking with Milliner's.  I doubt very much that Milliner believes he doesn't have anything to learn.  I think it's exactly what he says, he's not going to outwardly say that anyone is better than him.  You've extrapolated that to the max and like the rest of us on a message board, have given it a hell of a lot more thought than he did when saying it.

The most entertaining part of the Ryan Era, to date, was watching the Giants win the Super Bowl over the Pats in the same year Rex put out his semi-legible book wherein he proclaimed how much better the Jets were than the Giants. That's legit high comedy right there. Rex should have committed seppuku on the 50.

So, you did not enjoy the playoff wins?  You were not entertained while watching?

The high point of Ryan's tenure was beating the Pats in the playoffs. And yet it's clear the Jets treated that like their SUper Bowl, ran their mouths like Bart "Can't Wait!" Scott and got smoked in Pittsburgh the next week.Ryan has learned nothing. I understand perfectly that a good corner has to play with a bit of a chip on his shoulder because that mentality sustains him over a season of ups and downs.A guy who had 3 good games and 13 bad ones really needs to shut the f--- up. This team under Ryan has too often runs it's mouth without winning anything nor even sustaining competence. Objectively that makes Ryan and the Jets look like a box of big-talking but low-achieving tools.

Is it your opinion that "running their mouth" was the reason they got beat by Pittsburgh?

Because it wasn't.

Pittsburgh being better than the Jets was the reason they got beat by Pittsburgh.

Seattle and San Fran have nothing to do with us. They are irrelevant examples. Did Seattle and San Fran blow their wad, taunt the next opponent and then fall on their face? No. They got beat. We fell on our face. Pittsburgh played like sh*t and was VERY beatable in that game. We lost because we couldn't do the things Rex sold us right from his first press conference.

Trash talk doesn't bother me. Pussies who can't back it up, and bigger pussies who defend them... that bothers me.

YOU bother me.

Let's fight!

You're the biggest pussy I know.

You're combining your way of thinking with Milliner's.  I doubt very much that Milliner believes he doesn't have anything to learn.  I think it's exactly what he says, he's not going to outwardly say that anyone is better than him.  You've extrapolated that to the max and like the rest of us on a message board, have given it a hell of a lot more thought than he did when saying it.

I think it's a segway to be bigger conversation, that's all. So, I was just throwing a general philosophy I embrace out there. Professionally, and especially when interviewing, I don't want any ****nuts on my team that think they've got it all figured out already. It's ridiculous. I also don't want to come across that way when I'm interviewing. 

It's also ridiculous to think you cannot say so-and-so is more talented than you are. I hire people BECAUSE they are more talented than I am. It's called appreciating the craft of your peers. Ya know?

I think it's a segway to be bigger conversation, that's all. So, I was just throwing a general philosophy I embrace out there. Professionally, and especially when interviewing, I don't want any ****nuts on my team that think they've got it all figured out already. It's ridiculous. I also don't want to come across that way when I'm interviewing. 

It's also ridiculous to think you cannot say so-and-so is more talented than you are. I hire people BECAUSE they are more talented than I am. It's called appreciating the craft of your peers. Ya know?

People need to stop trying to compare football to the business world.

Tom has trouble reconciling how a reserved, quiet GM like John Idzik could possibly retain a loudmouth like Rex Ryan.  Maybe because Rex Ryan is actually good at his job.  Shocking idea, I know.

Woody Johnson says, "You're wrong dummy".

Stop acting like you're important.

You and Dee Milliner are very different.  You cannot make the comparison, no matter how much you are trying to.

I wonder how many NFL CBs, if polled, would say that they are the best.  I would be shocked if it wasn't at least half of the starters and 20% of the back-ups.

People need to stop trying to compare football to the business world.

I'm not doing that. I am however, using a story from the football world to talk about business philosophy in general. If anything, comparing the two is a great way to illustrate how insulated and ridiculous the football world is.

Woody Johnson says, "You're wrong dummy".

There's 0 % chance John Idzik takes this job with the understanding that he has to keep Rex Ryan for a minimum of 2 years.  GM's pick their own guys.  Rex is the guy he is happy with at the present time, not some alternate option he wasn't allowed to bring in.

Stop acting like you're important.

Jealousy is a wasted emotion, bitch!

You and Dee Milliner are very different.  You cannot make the comparison, no matter how much you are trying to.

I wonder how many NFL CBs, if polled, would say that they are the best.  I would be shocked if it wasn't at least half of the starters and 20% of the back-ups.

Not really going for the comparison as much as I'm going for the juxtaposition.

There's 0 % chance John Idzik takes this job with the understanding that he has to keep Rex Ryan for a minimum of 2 years.  GM's pick their own guys.  Rex is the guy he is happy with at the present time, not some alternate option he wasn't allowed to bring in.

Woody Johnson says, "That little virgin is inexplicably naive, isn't he? Oh, could you pass me a glass of the sauvignon blanc? Daddy is going to get a little tipsy tonight, tee-hee"

Not really going for the comparison as much as I'm going for the juxtaposition.

jux•ta•po•si•tion (ˌdʒʌk stə pəˈzɪʃ ən) 

n.

1. an act or instance of placing close together or side by side, esp. for comparison or contrast.
2. the state of being close together.

:love0038: 

The most entertaining part of the Ryan Era, to date, was watching the Giants win the Super Bowl over the Pats in the same year Rex put out his semi-legible book wherein he proclaimed how much better the Jets were than the Giants. That's legit high comedy right there. Rex should have committed seppuku on the 50.

I know you're really just saying this to keep your whole troll persona thing going but if you really felt this way you would literally be a humongous a$$hole. 

Archived