BLAH BLAH BLAH-please stop it already until you win something

Bugg

This is the ultimate whistling passed the grave yard post. I agree with you, you're right these are grown men that play with a ball for a living, and they don't do it very well, and all the talk makes me believe they know that deep down this year will be no different. Here's how I know, you see other teams and coaches don't do this, sure you may get the odd comment here and there but you don't get the day in day out baseless crap the jets spew about elite defenses, really what was elite about last years defense? Geno "*&^%ing Smith a top 5 QB? In what world is that guy even a decent back up QB? I hate to break it to you but historically bad rookie QB's rarely if ever become even average QB's in the NFL going forward. However the point is successful teams don't talk about how great they are, there's no up side to it and it only makes other teams, even worst teams get up for the Jets because they come off as A-holes. It's simple human psychology, if your playing chess with another person you want to beat them, if you think the other person is a super A-hole you really, really want to beat them. Once again Jet fans will be wondering how all these dreams of glory and Super star players ended up in a 6-10 season.

Way to miss the entire point, but no matter, we'll see how good you feel about all the big talk when the Jets are 3-6, my guess is there won't be much talking coming from Rex about an elite Defense then. We'll see how much Geno talks about being a top 5 QB when he's looking at being benched after another multiple int game. You just go on telling yourself that  other teams and players don't get just little more up for chance to make the Jets look like fools.   

I have no idea what your trying to say here, but if you like the talk from a bunch of guys that haven't even proved they belong in the league yet, then jets are the team for you, until real games are played anyway. You might have trouble at that point. :biggrin:

I am not trying to say anything.  I am saying your point is a load of sh*t.  The point which you denied was your point when Thor called you on it, and then repeated later in the same post.  It is a complete and total load of crap.  Good teams never talk?  Guess you have never read an interview with the Pats, Ravens or Seahawks.  Nobody "really wants to beat them." The last two super bowl winers were trash talking ****s and they didn't wait until they won to start the chatter.  

Whether teams "really want" to beat the Jets or not is irrelevant.  To any extent that it might be an advantage, it also may be a disadvantage.  If teams beat the Jets it will be because the players are not good enough, or not well coached.  It won't be because they talk sh*t. 

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A pro football player is asked who's better than him at his position, he says no one. Civilization comes to a close.

A little extreme no ? He answered the question like a true Idiot. Like I said all he had to do was say to the other idiot (interviewer) this was not about comparing him to other players it was about him putting in the effort to improve and build upon the positives at the end of last season. All this shows me is this guy who interviewed him was easily able to manipulate him into making a really dumb statement.

It cracks me up Jets fans complain about guys like Tom Brady for his arrogance and cry all over the board in a jealous rage but there is a huge difference, Tom Brady is a HOF QB Dee Milliner is a nobody. At at times last year played so freakin bad it was beyond the scope of even being a rookie and what do Jets fans do ?? They back that sh!t up instead of saying STFU you stupid moron. The culture on this team needs to transition from brainless, its really getting old and quite honestly it all stems from the coach because obviously his bravado and stupidity in dealing with the media is rubbing off on the young kids. Its not fun to be laughed at and I would be willing to bet when people around the league read that trash they laughed pretty hard .

In addition to Davis coming out and saying its time to prove it on the field.  The coaching staff is singing the same tune:

9. Defensive coordinator Dennis Thurman on talking. "You can talk all you want to, but this game is not about talking, it’s about actions," Thurman said. "So if you’re going to talk you have to back it up."

If posters don't think this puts a target on our backs then your kidding yourself. Don't pretend every game is the same etc. Some games mean more than others to certain players and teams and even coaches. You think SF gets up for the Bills the same way they get up for the Hawks? Difference is great teams like the 49's, Pats, Hawks, Broncos etc can get up and play on the big stage. Then take care of business the next week against a team that sucks a$$hole. The jets are not a good team and this talk just smells of players fooling themselves. In turn fans fooling themselves.

It's gotten so bad that Bills and Jet fans are exactly alike. Both think they'll have top 5 D's. Both think their coach is better than he is. Both think their QB's are special, special in a good way. Both think they have depth and both think they'll win the division and make a run. LOL 

If u don't want bravado then don't allow interviews. Of course it would be awesome to hear Milliner say, " no I think I suck but hey they r paying me so" or Pace proclaiming " this defense is terrible and couldn't stop running nose" Yea, those r the guys I want to root for.

If u don't want bravado then don't allow interviews. Of course it would be awesome to hear Milliner say, " no I think I suck but hey they r paying me so" or Pace proclaiming " this defense is terrible and couldn't stop running nose" Yea, those r the guys I want to root for.

Really??? So it's either proclaim the you're the best ever, or say your a scrub that doesn't belong on the field, those were his only choices? Please, all this shows is that Rex doesn't have control of his team, or worse he actually believes it isn't a factor when teams get ready for them each week. Jet fans can enjoy it now because this is the time of year when most Jet fans have fully convinced themselves they are a Super Bowl team, and every scrub that couldn't play last year is going to become an over night hall of famer. Then the season starts and it's the four stages of grief for Jets fans, denial, anger, bargaining, acceptance.  

Archived