BLAH BLAH BLAH-please stop it already until you win something

Bugg

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My fave is when he opens post-loss pressers by giving us the rushing stats against.

Being top 5 in rushing defense gives Rex a hard on like (insert obnoxious foot fetish reference here). Giving up 367 yards passing to the McGloin/Pryor Raiders, not so much. 

No. 

Not every team talks out their ass from February until September. Just the Jets.

Every team when ask believes they have a shot at winning.  I have yet to see an interview were a player says before the season, "Nah man, we ain't winning sh*t."  Me thinks you just notice it more with the Jets because they are your team.  

Being top 5 in rushing defense gives Rex a hard on like (insert obnoxious foot fetish reference here). Giving up 367 yards passing to the McGloin/Pryor Raiders, not so much.

Passing stats don't count. Rushing stats, though, hoo boy, he can win the Big Ten every year.

Every team when ask believes they have a shot at winning.  I have yet to see an interview were a player says before the season, "Nah man, we ain't winning sh*t."  Me thinks you just notice it more with the Jets because they are your team.  

Yeah, when asked. That's called a generic answer. They all say they think they've got a good team this year and have a shot.

How many teams are represented by a buffoon who says sh*t like "watch out league the Jets are coming" or "take a swipe at one of ours, we'll take a swipe at two of yours" or "we'll be meeting the president"... 

I don't notice it more with the Jets. I haven't lived in NY for almost 20 years. I've been in Georgia, Indy, Mass... I've had to endure Falcons, Panthers, Jaguars, Colts, Bears, Rams, Titans and Patriots games as the local teams that get reported on. I'm pretty unbiased about this stuff.

I'm not saying everyone else says they expect to lose. We all know that's not the case. I'm saying our buffoon of a coach opts out of generic answers and says DUMB sh*t and then can't back it up. I don't mind him wanting to be different, hell I'll happily celebrate it, when he backs it up... it's been 6 years of this sh*t. It's laughable.

I remember how ferocious the talk was here when a real top-notch coach, Andy Reid, did his Kool-Aid jog into the locker room last season, and the massive locker room celebration. After beating the Texans, who were on a 4-game losing streak (on their way to a 14-game losing streak). In October. But no team celebrates like that except the Jets, though.  By the way, the Chiefs went 4-5 the rest of the way and then went 1 and done in the playoffs when their top-5 defense had their worst defensive showing of the entire season. I know because so many here drew attention to what a terrible coach Reid is, and pointed to this as a prime example of why. 

.gif193wxp0ekwqcsgif.gif

Here's more of the same from November 2010. NOVEMBER. Not a playoff game or in celebration of anything of any significance to the team:

That team was 10-4, then dropped their last 2, then went 1 & done in the playoffs.

Here's the Giants locker room celebrating a regular season win (November) vs the Patriots:

Ryan's an emotional guy & it's his personality to get fired up. Some coaches - and lots of players - are like that, and some are not. I don't think being animated or being as engaging as a rock is what makes anyone a good coach or a good player. If some come up small in a game it's not because of a past celebration. Even with whatever letdowns there were in Pittsburgh, the offense kept giving them the ball back and Sanchez even spotted them a full touchdown in a game we ended up losing by less than a touchdown. Hey, we lost, so I'm not crediting them with a win. But even with everything going wrong, the D gave up under 20 points (net of 15 points). Sanchez wasn't a braggart on the podium or to journalists in general, and what difference did it make? He still sucked anyway.

The talking isn't my particular style at work, but my job is not an emotional sport either.  The team will either do well or do poorly. If it's the latter I'm sure they'll (rightly) start over with a new coach and probably a new QB. 

Is that a quote from Rex Ryan, the coach whose job it was to make sure his team was ready to play a whole game in the AFC championship game? The coach who retained his job after every one else around him got fired?

Nobody was fired after that game, you dumbass.

Wonder how the great Pete Carrol and Jim Harbaugh let there teams get throttled in the first half of their playoffs game worse than the Jets with better teams, being the elite coaches they are and stuff?

Wonder how the great Pete Carrol and Jim Harbaugh let there teams get throttled in the first half of their playoffs game worse than the Jets with better teams, being the elite coaches they are and stuff?

That game: 2011

Significant firings / force-outs since:

Schotty Jr.

Sporano

Tannenbaum

Mike Pettine

I'm too lazy to get into the position coaches, but there's been major churn there too.

Essentially Rex is like Tristan from Legends of the Fall. He's the rock that everyone breaks against... or he's the guy that sells out everyone around him to save his own ass.

Pete Carrol and Jim Harbaugh didn't announce the rushing defense stats and rankings every week of the regular season, only to then have his defense get run over by Mendenhall. 

I remember how ferocious the talk was here when a real top-notch coach, Andy Reid, did his Kool-Aid jog into the locker room last season, and the massive locker room celebration. After beating the Texans, who were on a 4-game losing streak (on their way to a 14-game losing streak). In October. But no team celebrates like that except the Jets, though.  By the way, the Chiefs went 4-5 the rest of the way and then went 1 and done in the playoffs when their top-5 defense had their worst defensive showing of the entire season. I know because so many here drew attention to what a terrible coach Reid is, and pointed to this as a prime example of why. 

.gif193wxp0ekwqcsgif.gif

Here's more of the same from November 2010. NOVEMBER. Not a playoff game or in celebration of anything of any significance to the team:

That team was 10-4, then dropped their last 2, then went 1 & done in the playoffs.

Here's the Giants locker room celebrating a regular season win (November) vs the Patriots:

Ryan's an emotional guy & it's his personality to get fired up. Some coaches - and lots of players - are like that, and some are not. I don't think being animated or being as engaging as a rock is what makes anyone a good coach or a good player. If some come up small in a game it's not because of a past celebration. Even with whatever letdowns there were in Pittsburgh, the offense kept giving them the ball back and Sanchez even spotted them a full touchdown in a game we ended up losing by less than a touchdown. Hey, we lost, so I'm not crediting them with a win. But even with everything going wrong, the D gave up under 20 points (net of 15 points). Sanchez wasn't a braggart on the podium or to journalists in general, and what difference did it make? He still sucked anyway.

The talking isn't my particular style at work, but my job is not an emotional sport either.  The team will either do well or do poorly. If it's the latter I'm sure they'll (rightly) start over with a new coach and probably a new QB. 

lol

In your first example, are you referring to the same Andy Reid Chiefs team whose dominant defense led by the great Bob Sutton, blew a 21pt half time lead by proceeding to give up 35pts in the 2nd half of their Wild Card game to a 2nd year QB who had not only never won a playoff game before but had never even thrown a TD in the playoffs?  That great Andy Reid led team?

That game: 2011

Significant firings / force-outs since:

Schotty Jr.

Sporano

Tannenbaum

Mike Pettine

I'm too lazy to get into the position coaches, but there's been major churn there too.

Essentially Rex is like Tristan from Legends of the Fall. He's the rock that everyone breaks against... or he's the guy that sells out everyone around him to save his own ass.

None of those people lost their jobs because of that game, like you implied.  Moron.

Pete Carrol and Jim Harbaugh didn't announce the rushing defense stats and rankings every week of the regular season, only to then have his defense get run over by Mendenhall. 

Ummm, actually, they do.  Harbaugh and Carrol are just as big mouthed idiots as Rex.  If not worse.  Harbaugh a flat out strange dude who started a fight with another coach a mid field and Carrol is the biggest trash talking fool in the league next to Rex.

You morons really need to watch other teams than the Jets.  The sh*t you all cry about...my god:

Pete Carrol after the first game vs. the 49'ers just last season. 

Meanwhile, Seattle coach Pete Carroll highlighted the disparity in the 49ers’ offensive totals a week after their 34-28 win against Green Bay. In Week 1, quarterback Colin Kaepernick (20.1 rating, 4 turnovers Sunday) threw for 412 yards and wideout Anquan Boldin (1 catch, 7 yards) had 13 receptions for 208 yards.

“They got nothing done,” Carroll said. “What were their numbers? What did Anquan do tonight? Their quarterback threw for (412) last week. He threw for (127) tonight.”

Carroll also suggested the Seahawks had unlocked the secrets to San Francisco’s offense. The 49ers opened in a no-huddle attack and ran plenty of read-option, but ultimately finished with as many penalties (12) as first downs. Their running backs had 13 yards on 11 carries.

“They had 62 yards at halftime, and they took every shot they could at us, with their scheme,” Carroll said. “We were really fired up about that. We’ve worked really hard to understand it and to play well.”

It should be noted that Carroll termed the 49ers a “championship club” with a “great staff” led by Jim Harbaugh, who has done a “fantastic job.” Still, Carroll couldn’t resist noting his team nearly held that championship club scoreless. And they would have, he said, if not for a few defensive slips-ups.

“They had two big plays on their scoring drive,” Carroll said. “We broke down in pressures, that’s how they got down the field, or they might not have made it that time.”

None of those people lost their jobs because of that game, like you implied.  Moron.

Ummm, actually, they do.  Harbaugh and Carrol are just as big mouthed idiots as Rex.  If not worse.  Harbaugh a flat out strange dude who started a fight with another coach a mid field and Carrol is the biggest trash talking fool in the league next to Rex.

Yes, they did. That game and every subsequent game during the 2-3 year period wherein Rex drove this team from losing the AFCC game to being a basement dweller. Those people were the scapegoats.

Harbaugh being strange literally has no relevancy in comparing him to Rex's "bravado".

I've never heard Carrol talk trash, but if he does, he backed it up. So, good for him.

Like I said, I don't mind trash talk, if you back it up. Rex talks trash and then the people around him get fired as the team nose-dives. 

You morons really need to watch other teams than the Jets.  The sh*t you all cry about...my god:

Pete Carrol after the first game vs. the 49'ers just last season. 

Meanwhile, Seattle coach Pete Carroll highlighted the disparity in the 49ers’ offensive totals a week after their 34-28 win against Green Bay. In Week 1, quarterback Colin Kaepernick (20.1 rating, 4 turnovers Sunday) threw for 412 yards and wideout Anquan Boldin (1 catch, 7 yards) had 13 receptions for 208 yards.

“They got nothing done,” Carroll said. “What were their numbers? What did Anquan do tonight? Their quarterback threw for (412) last week. He threw for (127) tonight.”

Carroll also suggested the Seahawks had unlocked the secrets to San Francisco’s offense. The 49ers opened in a no-huddle attack and ran plenty of read-option, but ultimately finished with as many penalties (12) as first downs. Their running backs had 13 yards on 11 carries.

“They had 62 yards at halftime, and they took every shot they could at us, with their scheme,” Carroll said. “We were really fired up about that. We’ve worked really hard to understand it and to play well.”

It should be noted that Carroll termed the 49ers a “championship club” with a “great staff” led by Jim Harbaugh, who has done a “fantastic job.” Still, Carroll couldn’t resist noting his team nearly held that championship club scoreless. And they would have, he said, if not for a few defensive slips-ups.

“They had two big plays on their scoring drive,” Carroll said. “We broke down in pressures, that’s how they got down the field, or they might not have made it that time.”

He's pointing out obvious results about the game. After the fact.

Far cry from Rex taunting the league on his way to 4-5 wins. 

Yo peep this video of Bill Walsh going apesh*t after his team strung together three good July practices in a row.

I wonder how many 5th round draft picks Bill Walsh used on guys after watching film of them making one hit.

That bothering arguing with someone as clueless as you is pointless? 

That you cant win so you change the goal posts?

That I'm 100x better than you at life?

That I'm better than you at this. You should know by now.

Without the ridiculous display put on a week earlier after the NE win, I look at the Pittsburgh game and say "tough loss". Because of how they behaved and talked, I say, "**** these guys, you don't get to act like that and then shirk accountability when you lose". 

Pretty cut and dry. 

Still manufacturing stories and trying to pass them off as fact I see.

It must have been pretty traumatic for you and your gentle sensibilities to have to endure the way the Jets behaved in Massachusetts that day.  Then the way they shirked their accountability after the fiasco in Pittsburgh had to sting.

Still manufacturing stories and trying to pass them off as fact I see.

It must have been pretty traumatic for you and your gentle sensibilities to have to endure the way the Jets behaved in Massachusetts that day.  Then the way they shirked their accountability after the fiasco in Pittsburgh had to sting.

So, you read the past couple pages. Duh.

Horrible attempt to shove your gross face into the mix.

The same as I enjoyed Herm's and Mangini's playoff appearances.

One can still enjoy the ride even if you are fairly certain it will end.

Winning the Super Bowl will eventually be a fantastic disappointment if there's no enjoyment in the games.

Jürgen Klinsmann

Archived