BLAH BLAH BLAH-please stop it already until you win something

Bugg

When did Shane and Inturdgrity become Filo Bedo and Clyde?  Their mutual admiration society is reprehensible.

I was hating Rex a LONG time before Shane. When Rex got his extension and kept his job this year, I toned it down, and that was when Shane ramped up his anti-Rex rhetoric. 

He's been working so hard, and doing such a great job, I figured he could use the day off and to go on date night with dbatesman.

• Replies 184
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Blah Blah Blah going on 7 pages-not bad

Traffic is traffic, no?

I love that the people that are biting on my nonsense are long-timers that think they are good at trolling. 

I"M TALKING ABOUT YOU JIF.

The NY Jets always ramble and boast about being good. I don't believe they are. I believe they are mediocre at best.

The defense being the best might be very true. Rex Ryan needs to take a vow of silence.it's been yrs since playoffs why talk ? Just win. Good teams don't talk they win. Only mediocre wannabe teams talk.the Jets still haven't learned.

Milliner says he's the best CB hahaha yeah right. I can name 5 Cbs better then him

SameOldJets

Traffic is traffic, no?

I love that the people that are biting on my nonsense are long-timers that think they are good at trolling. 

I"M TALKING ABOUT YOU JIF.

Ah post count.  Love is a quality, not a quantity. 

The NY Jets always ramble and boast about being good. I don't believe they are. I believe they are mediocre at best.

The defense being the best might be very true. Rex Ryan needs to take a vow of silence.it's been yrs since playoffs why talk ? Just win. Good teams don't talk they win. Only mediocre wannabe teams talk.the Jets still haven't learned.

Milliner says he's the best CB hahaha yeah right. I can name 5 Cbs better then him

SameOldJets

Yep.  Wish we were a quiet, non-trash talking team.  Like the Seahawks and Ravens.  

Ah post count.  Love is a quality, not a quantity. 

I don't care aobut my post count, I'm talking about activity on the site. It's July and there's no news other than bravado. It's good for the site keep the dialogue going, even if it's tongue-in-cheek nonsense.

One can still enjoy the ride even if you are fairly certain it will end.

Winning the Super Bowl will eventually be a fantastic disappointment if there's no enjoyment in the games.

I celebrate all of my victories (such as they are) in much the same fashion that Russell Crowe celebrated his killing of Joaquin Phoenix at the end of Gladiator.

"act like you've been there before"

"actions speak louder than words"

"talk is cheap"

These clichés really need to stop! These are grown men who play with a ball for a living, lighten up and be entertained! Are people really whining like teenage girls about what so and so said? It's a game for crying out loud, it's entertainment; enjoy the show and stop throwing temper tantrums because players *gasp* made comments *gasp*.

I don't care aobut my post count, I'm talking about activity on the site. It's July and there's no news other than bravado. It's good for the site keep the dialogue going, even if it's tongue-in-cheek nonsense.

It's okay that I am an ass, it's July.  I forget, what excuse do you use in October?  

Milliner was a little more than useful as the defensive rookie of the month of December.

Unlike you sensitive types, I don't mind the bravado from these guys at all. I liked Gastineau, Keyshawn, Scott, and -let's face it- the franchise was built on Joe Namath's guarantee. I don't understand why the fan base needs to have its panties collectively wadded. The sport is entertainment, let them be entertaining.

As for Milliner, the guy needs to have that type of attitude. And I know that I have really high expectations for the kid are the December he put up last year. He needs to play at that level for the defense to be successful, and playing on an island like Ryan's CBs do, a short memory and a lot of swagger is a prerequisite.

Exactly. The ones who continue to talk about how they hate hearing this are the very ones who will rant about it for 15 minutes. The last time I checked, football was entertainment. I've been quite entertained this offseason by these guys. Football is just taken too seriously. Im a passionate fan, but c'mon. 

Nobody was fired after that game, you dumbass.

Wonder how the great Pete Carrol and Jim Harbaugh let there teams get throttled in the first half of their playoffs game worse than the Jets with better teams, being the elite coaches they are and stuff?

The difference between them and Rex is that Carrol is excellent at finding talent, while Harbaugh can coach up qbs. Their strengths are a lot more important to success in this league, then Ryan's ability of being able to coach up a defense.

Milliner was a little more than useful as the defensive rookie of the month of December.

Unlike you sensitive types, I don't mind the bravado from these guys at all. I liked Gastineau, Keyshawn, Scott, and -let's face it- the franchise was built on Joe Namath's guarantee. I don't understand why the fan base needs to have its panties collectively wadded. The sport is entertainment, let them be entertaining.

As for Milliner, the guy needs to have that type of attitude. And I know that I have really high expectations for the kid are the December he put up last year. He needs to play at that level for the defense to be successful, and playing on an island like Ryan's CBs do, a short memory and a lot of swagger is a prerequisite.

Gastineau Key Namath and Scott all had track records and performed year in and year out (not counting when they got older) Milliner played Horrible for most of last season then had a very solid December lets see if he can at least continue that play before he starts opening his trap. What he could of said was that his focus was trying to build on the last month of the season and that he had no reason to begin comparing himself to anyone until he proved to himself and his team he could get it done week in and week out. Not proclaim himself the best CB in the NFL.

Its comments like this that make the Jets and the entire organization look like Idiots and it all comes from the biggest loudmouth the HC who also needs to shut the f@ck up for numerous reasons

LOL Jet fans = Only fans who would rather a Defensive Player of The Month award than a VLT.

Seriously its stuff off legend. Dee was absolutely terrible for almost the entire season and played pretty good for 3-4 games! And he wasn't just getting beat. He was so bad in many areas of CB. 

As for Rex, well someone said it best. He's known for being inconsistent. Average coach at best and hasn't done a thing in this league. The whole team just needs to stfu and play. Not just for a game or two. For an entire season. Because Rex has lost the pulse/locker room several times during his tenure here.

Gastineau Key Namath and Scott all had track records and performed year in and year out (not counting when they got older) Milliner played Horrible for most of last season then had a very solid December lets see if he can at least continue that play before he starts opening his trap. What he could of said was that his focus was trying to build on the last month of the season and that he had no reason to begin comparing himself to anyone until he proved to himself and his team he could get it done week in and week out. Not proclaim himself the best CB in the NFL.

Its comments like this that make the Jets and the entire organization look like Idiots and it all comes from the biggest loudmouth the HC who also needs to shut the f@ck up for numerous reasons

Actual quote:

"The best corner in the league? Me," "I ain't gonna say that somebody else is better than me."

"I'm not going to say somebody that plays the same position is better than me,"

"Don't care if they've been in the league 10 years and I've been here five months. That's how it's going to go.

"I'm the best.

I'm not going to say that another man that plays the same position ... and say he's better than me? I can't do that."

"I want to be great,"

"That's the difference between the players that are in the Hall of Fame and not in the Hall of Fame. ... You want to do great things. That's what I want to do."

Horrendous.

LOL Jet fans = Only fans who would rather a Defensive Player of The Month award than a VLT.

Seriously its stuff off legend. Dee was absolutely terrible for almost the entire season and played pretty good for 3-4 games! And he wasn't just getting beat. He was so bad in many areas of CB. 

As for Rex, well someone said it best. He's known for being inconsistent. Average coach at best and hasn't done a thing in this league. The whole team just needs to stfu and play. Not just for a game or two. For an entire season. Because Rex has lost the pulse/locker room several times during his tenure here.

Rexs Jerry Glanville style of coaching burns out fast and players stop listening after a while. The bragging puts undo pressure on guys like Geno too.

What will happen is that Rex will get the Jets all fired up to beat NE for a game and then the wheels will fall off. Rex will say that he never saw it coming. No Sir.

Rexs Jerry Glanville style of coaching burns out fast and players stop listening after a while. The bragging puts undo pressure on guys like Geno too.

What will happen is that Rex will get the Jets all fired up to beat NE for a game and then the wheels will fall off. Rex will say that he never saw it coming. No Sir.

That's an interesting narrative....

FOR ME TO POOP ON

Actual quote:

Horrendous.

how about lets have a good season first ..not great not All Pro just GOOD then run our mouths.  not horrendous just plain stupid. Gotta love the way the Idiot Jets keep putting targets on their backs as if Wrex didn't do enough of that already

When your team has not made the playoffs for three years and finished 8 and 8 last year-lets stop the talking about how nobody wants to play us  and this player is great- lets get these players to be good and win

how about lets have a good season first ..not great not All Pro just GOOD then run our mouths.  not horrendous just plain stupid. Gotta love the way the Idiot Jets keep putting targets on their backs as if Wrex didn't do enough of that already

A pro football player is asked who's better than him at his position, he says no one. Civilization comes to a close.

"act like you've been there before"

"actions speak louder than words"

"talk is cheap"

These clichés really need to stop! These are grown men who play with a ball for a living, lighten up and be entertained! Are people really whining like teenage girls about what so and so said? It's a game for crying out loud, it's entertainment; enjoy the show and stop throwing temper tantrums because players *gasp* made comments *gasp*.

This is the ultimate whistling passed the grave yard post. I agree with you, you're right these are grown men that play with a ball for a living, and they don't do it very well, and all the talk makes me believe they know that deep down this year will be no different. Here's how I know, you see other teams and coaches don't do this, sure you may get the odd comment here and there but you don't get the day in day out baseless crap the jets spew about elite defenses, really what was elite about last years defense? Geno "*&^%ing Smith a top 5 QB? In what world is that guy even a decent back up QB? I hate to break it to you but historically bad rookie QB's rarely if ever become even average QB's in the NFL going forward. However the point is successful teams don't talk about how great they are, there's no up side to it and it only makes other teams, even worst teams get up for the Jets because they come off as A-holes. It's simple human psychology, if your playing chess with another person you want to beat them, if you think the other person is a super A-hole you really, really want to beat them. Once again Jet fans will be wondering how all these dreams of glory and Super star players ended up in a 6-10 season.

This is the ultimate whistling passed the grave yard post. I agree with you, you're right these are grown men that play with a ball for a living, and they don't do it very well, and all the talk makes me believe they know that deep down this year will be no different. Here's how I know, you see other teams and coaches don't do this, sure you may get the odd comment here and there but you don't get the day in day out baseless crap the jets spew about elite defenses, really what was elite about last years defense? Geno "*&^%ing Smith a top 5 QB? In what world is that guy even a decent back up QB? I hate to break it to you but historically bad rookie QB's rarely if ever become even average QB's in the NFL going forward. However the point is successful teams don't talk about how great they are, there's no up side to it and it only makes other teams, even worst teams get up for the Jets because they come off as A-holes. It's simple human psychology, if your playing chess with another person you want to beat them, if you think the other person is a super A-hole you really, really want to beat them. Once again Jet fans will be wondering how all these dreams of glory and Super star players ended up in a 6-10 season.

Ahhhh, the Jets will lose because the other team really, really wants to win. Got it.

If teams full of assholes fired up other teams to unimaginable heights, the Patriots would go 0-16 every year.

Ahhhh, the Jets will lose because the other team really, really wants to win. Got it.

If teams full of assholes fired up other teams to unimaginable heights, the Patriots would go 0-16 every year.

Way to miss the entire point, but no matter, we'll see how good you feel about all the big talk when the Jets are 3-6, my guess is there won't be much talking coming from Rex about an elite Defense then. We'll see how much Geno talks about being a top 5 QB when he's looking at being benched after another multiple int game. You just go on telling yourself that  other teams and players don't get just little more up for chance to make the Jets look like fools.   

Way to miss the entire point, but no matter, we'll see how good you feel about all the big talk when the Jets are 3-6, my guess is there won't be much talking coming from Rex about an elite Defense then. We'll see how much Geno talks about being a top 5 QB when he's looking at being benched after another multiple int game. You just go on telling yourself that  other teams and players don't get just little more up for chance to make the Jets look like fools.   

"A little more up" is a little more likely to make a mistake.  The key to football is doing your job and trusting the guy next to you to do his.  It's something gusy like Jason Babin probably don't really understand which is why they bounce around despite their talent. Catching guys trying to do a little extra is how you get them overpursuing and blowing assignments.  I'd happily be the most hated man on the field every play.  Come and get me. 

"A little more up" is a little more likely to make a mistake.  The key to football is doing your job and trusting the guy next to you to do his.  It's something gusy like Jason Babin probably don't really understand which is why they bounce around despite their talent. Catching guys trying to do a little extra is how you get them overpursuing and blowing assignments.  I'd happily be the most hated man on the field every play.  Come and get me. 

I have no idea what your trying to say here, but if you like the talk from a bunch of guys that haven't even proved they belong in the league yet, then jets are the team for you, until real games are played anyway. You might have trouble at that point. :biggrin:

Brilliant!

Archived