our real problem.........

Jetknowledge

Out biggest problem is that we havr the absolute worst dig sh*t fans in all of professional sports.

This ticks me off. Do we as fans pick the GM, draft and sign the players, hire the HC? Of course not. Why is it on us?

If we had the greatest 12 man in the NFL, that would improve this team how exactly? The current constant radio ads (something pre-PSL was not in the budget) makes Jets fans sound like drooling knuckledragging idiots. The voiceover is a cross between Fireman Ed (who if it's not him should sue for royalties) and deese, dems and does old time NYer. Again, this is how the owner and management of the franchise percieves their fan base. May be if we saw mere competence in ownership, management and coaching staff, we'd be more inclined to buy in. But again, they also priced many of us out with PSLs, something they did not because they had to but because of their sheer greed.

Would love to see the comparison of PSL income in the new stadium less the ad budget compared to zero, which was the ad bdget in the old always sold out pre-PSL stadium.Would guess the whole PSL thing is a bottom line debacle when you run those numbers. Plus they never had to worry about negotiating possible balckout restrictions or even care about them pre-PSL.

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This ticks me off. Do we as fans pick the GM, draft and sign the players, hire the HC? Of course not. Why is it on us?

If we had the greatest 12 man in the NFL, that would improve this team how exactly? The current constant radio ads (something pre-PSL was not in the budget) makes Jets fans sound like drooling knuckledragging idiots. The voiceover is a cross between Fireman Ed (who if it's not him should sue for royalties) and deese, dems and does old time NYer. Again, this is how the owner and management of the franchise percieves their fan base. May be if we saw mere competence in ownership, management and coaching staff, we'd be more inclined to buy in. But again, they also priced many of us out with PSLs, something they did not because they had to but because of their sheer greed.

Would love to see the comparison of PSL income in the new stadium less the ad budget compared to zero, which was the ad bdget in the old always sold out pre-PSL stadium.Would guess the whole PSL thing is a bottom line debacle when you run those numbers. Plus they never had to worry about negotiating possible balckout restrictions or even care about them pre-PSL.

QQ cry more noob.

This was going to be my point. Your not going to find a better situation for them to develop in camp. The DL is nasty and apparently Rex is throwing all sorts of looks at the O. If you can't get better practicing vs this D then there is problem.

Don't pay attention to outcomes in scrimmages. Rex is the kind of coach who kills an offense if he has a chance to watch it day in and day out. He knows the players personally. If he was the DC of the Pats he would kill their offense in a scrimmage.

The biggest takeaways from these games is to see what needs ironing out, see who jumps off screen and to make sure every one remains healthy.  While you'd like to see more points, it's hardly the type of venue where you draw a lot of conclusions.  I imagine one should wait until at the very least thursday's game before they get worked up over anything.

The biggest takeaways from these games is to see what needs ironing out, see who jumps off screen and to make sure every one remains healthy. While you'd like to see more points, it's hardly the type of venue where you draw a lot of conclusions. I imagine one should wait until at the very least thursday's game before they get worked up over anything.

That and the D is always going to be ahead of the O when you have a 2nd year QB with a lot of new weapons.

Im not saying our line has no hope but i do know geno did better when the run game picked up and geno began to use his legs.

Every qb is better with better line play, guard and center is most important because when edge rushers come you need a pocket to step up into.

Geno didn't have that.

To avoid 1 rusher isn't nearly as hard as avoiding 2 or 3.

The only good pass blocker we had last year was Howard.

If the OLine is truly bad (not saying it will be), then Chris Johnson will be the difference maker on offense we need, when the blocking breaks down quickly particularly on a blitz happy D, just get it out to CJ, and if he has anything left in the tank he will hide the OLine pass blocking possible problems, MM offenses love to get the ball via short passes to playmaking backs something we only had for 1 game last year in Goodson. So IMO Hill just needs to be relevant, but CJ needs to be the offensive MVP.

CJ will be a difference maker but do not underestimate the fact that Geno found his legs late in the season.  Using his mobility for a full season is going to help both his receivers and OL. 

The "bad fans" are as per you the big problem. What is a "bad fan?"Explain plese how a great fan base or even a bad one makes a difference on the field. I'm all ears.

"fans" that are happy when the team loses so they can be right about sh*tting on everything. People that couldn't name a positive move the team has made in 5 years. "fans" that think 8-8 with a rookie qb when you're projected as the worst team in the league is a failure of a season in which the head coach should be fired.

More than half of the nfl fans would switch with use right now and you have guys like you just sh*tting on literally everything. We could trade Kendrick Ellis for a 2nd and you would bitch about depth.

"fans" that are happy when the team loses so they can be right about sh*tting on everything. People that couldn't name a positive move the team has made in 5 years. "fans" that think 8-8 with a rookie qb when you're projected as the worst team in the league is a failure of a season in which the head coach should be fired.

More than half of the nfl fans would switch with use right now and you have guys like you just sh*tting on literally everything. We could trade Kendrick Ellis for a 2nd and you would bitch about depth.

We might to give ourselves more importance than we have in reality.It may be disconcerting to grasp as much time and effort as we put into being fans and posting here is we are passengers on a roller coaster rather than driving it, nor do we own the amusement park. If we write positive or negative or really honest posts abour Milliner or Smith or Hill it really will have no impact at all.You're delusional if you think otherwise. This is the toy department of life for us, even if for the players and coaches it's a business. My contention is whether fans are good or bad no matter how you define that is practically irrelevant as any factor at all in whether a team is great or horrible on the field. To say "the fans" are the biggest problem as the Jets continue to fail as the Pats and Jints have prospered is really an insult to all of us. It's really a wonder under these circumstances the Jets have any fans at all. Really I wish it were different, but wishing it doesn't make it so either. Recall this place of created in part because the owner of the old site tried to force people to "be positive" in the face of the dooming reality as the Herman Edwards Error went all to poop. And as proof despite his efforts that was totally a nonfactor in the Jets suddenly being a good team.

We might to give ourselves more importance than we have in reality.It may be disconcerting to grasp as much time and effort as we put into being fans and posting here is we are passengers on a roller coaster rather than driving it, nor do we own the amusement park. If we write positive or negative or really honest posts abour Milliner or Smith or Hill it really will have no impact at all.You're delusional if you think otherwise. This is the toy department of life for us, even if for the players and coaches it's a business. My contention is whether fans are good or bad no matter how you define that is practically irrelevant as any factor at all in whether a team is great or horrible on the field. To say "the fans" are the biggest problem as the Jets continue to fail as the Pats and Jints have prospered is really an insult to all of us. It's really a wonder under these circumstances the Jets have any fans at all. Really I wish it were different, but wishing it doesn't make it so either. Recall this place of created in part because the owner of the old site tried to force people to "be positive" in the face of the dooming reality as the Herman Edwards Error went all to poop. And as proof despite his efforts that was totally a nonfactor in the Jets suddenly being a good team.

The pats haven't won sh*t in over a decade and we're im better position than the Giants. This is what I mean. The team is good and heading in the right direction. The fans are a bunch of sh*ts.

The pats haven't won sh*t in over a decade and we're im better position than the Giants. This is what I mean. The team is good and heading in the right direction. The fans are a bunch of sh*ts.

The Jets last won the AFC East in 2002.

The Jints have won 4 Super Bowls since our last appearance, the Pats 3.Both have also appeared in the game and lost (Pats twice, Jints once). Are such facts inconvenient?

We're in a "better position" how? Did Eli Manning have a an accident this morning? How does a Geno Smith QBed team win the AFC East?

Again whether the fans are sh1ts impacts the on the field product how? And how is this the biggest problem?

The Jets last won the AFC East in 2002.

The Jints have won 4 Super Bowls since our last appearance, the Pats 3.Both have also appeared in the game and lost (Pats twice, Jints once). Are such facts inconvenient?

We're in a "better position" how? Did Eli Manning have a an accident this morning? How does a Geno Smith QBed team win the AFC East?

Again whether the fans are sh1ts impacts the on the field product how? And how is this the biggest problem?

Logic isnt your strong suit. I understand.

What does what happened ten or twenty years ago have to do with the upcoming season?

The Giants are going to win 4 games this season and we're going to win at least 10. That's how we're in a better position.

The fans don't have am impact on the field. If that's the biggest problem the Jets have this year I guess we're in pretty good shape!

This guy gets it, folks

This guy gets it, folks

Gets what-the acceptance of long term mediocrity and failure is standard operating procedure here.

And now "The fans don't have am impact on the field. If that's the biggest problem the Jets have this year I guess we're in pretty good shape!". So now he agrees; the fans have no impact really on wins or losses. This really isn't a problem.

But this is somehow a big problem because....it makes "positive" JN board people displeased by discussing the suckitude that has been with this franchise's hallmark since Super Bowl III? And my logic is faulty. Got it.

He "gets" what exactly?

As to this supposed 10 win 2014 team-Geno Smith. Really?Are we seriously gonna pretend this is an NFL QB because it's polite to do so? Vick is here because the GM doesn't think that's gonna work out. Or Vick would not be here.

A guard who can't pass block ruins an offense. Seattle protected Wilson decently, plus he's really good and he's elusive. Lynch breaks more tackles than anyone in football.

If Winters doesnt get his sh*t together it could be a long year again for the offense. He was JP Machado bad last year.

Not to mention colon gets alot of penalties and wiffs in pass pro

Adrian Peterson single-handedly gives the Vikings the best RB corps in the NFL.

Other than that, yeah, the O-line is a work in progress. Which is why it'll be important to have 2 QBs, both of whom are mobile, and a myriad of dump-off options like Chris Johnson, Daryl Richardson, Jace Amaro (in theory) for the QB to use as safety valves that we didn't have last year. Not to mention these are guys that can take a dump-off on a broken play and turn it into a big play.

Peterson maybe the best back but they're not the best stable if he's injured (God forbid) or on the bench there run game is suspect.

Peterson maybe the best back but they're not the best stable if he's injured (God forbid) or on the bench there run game is suspect.

It doesn't matter how "deep" your bench is if everyone is healthy.

AD single-handedly gives them the best RB corps in the league. If you figure a team runs 30 times a game, and you give it to AD 25 times, that's 25 out of 30 carries a game by the best RB in football.

We're probably looking at 15, 10, 5 split up amongst our guys. I'd take 25 AD carries any day over 25 Ivory/Johnson carries.

Gets what-the acceptance of long term mediocrity and failure is standard operating procedure here.

And now "The fans don't have am impact on the field. If that's the biggest problem the Jets have this year I guess we're in pretty good shape!". So now he agrees; the fans have no impact really on wins or losses. This really isn't a problem.

But this is somehow a big problem because....it makes "positive" JN board people displeased by discussing the suckitude that has been with this franchise's hallmark since Super Bowl III? And my logic is faulty. Got it.

He "gets" what exactly?

As to this supposed 10 win 2014 team-Geno Smith. Really?Are we seriously gonna pretend this is an NFL QB because it's polite to do so? Vick is here because the GM doesn't think that's gonna work out. Or Vick would not be here.

Guys like you cost us 3-4 wins every year, get with the program

Maybe you should root for a team with better fans? Like the Giants or the Pats?

You just cost us a Win right there

What the heck are you guys talking about with this fans costing the Jets a win stuff? Are you, Arriss and Dominator suggesting we are not vocal enough at the games? I really am not following you guys at all, it seems ludicrous to me, but at least a few of you seem to be in agreement, and I would love to hear how I can help the Jets win more games.

What the heck are you guys talking about with this fans costing the Jets a win stuff? Are you, Arriss and Dominator suggesting we are not vocal enough at the games? I really am not following you guys at all, it seems ludicrous to me, but at least a few of you seem to be in agreement, and I would love to hear how I can help the Jets win more games.

1346804.gif

Archived