Reality "Jets are a 6-8 win team" Thread

Go Jets77

Then why did you say talk?

I'm not sure you are in an optimal position to hurl the "how sad" style insult at anyone for their message board activity, given the role you've chosen for yourself.

It's called correcting yourself when you could have selected a better word. Don't worry Jet fans will be doing the same when they reconsider the word "elite" as the word to describe any part of this Jets team. It's seems that it's the Jet fans responding here that are angry, because I simply stated that it was hard to understand the outrage over a prediction 0f 6 to 8 wins for the jets this year. Any rational football fan could look at the Jets roster and figure that those numbers are pretty much what that talent will get you.

• Replies 159
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Where did I say anything about points? Can you read? Or do you just like to continue to respond to points that were never brought up to make you feel like your wining an argument that never was? Simply stated, the Jets "OVERALL Defense" was in bottom third of the league, so spin that all you like, but they were not good.

Yeah, you certainly never said anything about points.

They gave up points like a soup kitchen gives away turkeys on Thanksgiving.

Points by TD or Field goal really don't matter, and if you don't understand the "Oooooooh!" difference between being top ten in points allowed v.s in 20's then I'll give you a hint, the teams in the top ten were mostly still playing football while the Jets were all on golf courses talking about how they were each the best in the NFL at their positions.

Nope, nothing about points at all.

So if you're not referring to scoring defense, would your analysis by based on the Jets total defense ranking for the 2013 season as #11?  Or are you now freely admitting that this supposedly definitive ranking you're throwing out there is based on absolutely nothing but crap that you're making up?

It's called correcting yourself when you could have selected a better word. Don't worry Jet fans will be doing the same when they reconsider the word "elite" as the word to describe any part of this Jets team. It's seems that it's the Jet fans responding here that are angry, because I simply stated that it was hard to understand the outrage over a prediction 0f 6 to 8 wins for the jets this year. Any rational football fan could look at the Jets roster and figure that those numbers are pretty much what that talent will get you.

EXCEPT NOBODY ******* USED THAT WORD EXCEPT YOU YOU ******* MORON!

To answer your questions in order:

1.  See above

2. Yes

3. You brought it up, I responded and you kept going on and on and denying you brought it up.  It's not your point, it is just what you said.  

In sum:  Idiotic.

Oops, sorry.  You obviously had this covered.  Carry on.

To answer your questions in order:

1.  See above

2. Yes

3. You brought it up, I responded and you kept going on and on and denying you brought it up.  It's not your point, it is just what you said.  

In sum:  Idiotic.

Wow

It is an idiotic statement because it is idiotic.  

If you read the post you would see that the Jets D did not give up more points than all but "10 odd teams" Geno gave up at least 42 of those points without the D stepping on the field.  I know you are a troll, but over here we appreciate it if our trolls at least read and respond and not keep repeating the same moronic crap.  Particularly when I already proved how moronic it was.  You think the Jets D will be weak, you are welcome to your opinion.  You think the Jets D gave up more points than all but 10 teams, please keep your lies to yourself. 

Wow, never said that, you clearly don't know how to read. I said "There were only 10 odd teams that were worse than the Jets on defense last year", now that's a fact, and you can play with words all you like, the Jets Defense wasn't close to average last year.

Wow

Wow, never said that, you clearly don't know how to read. I said "There were only 10 odd teams that were worse than the Jets on defense last year", now that's a fact, and you can play with words all you like, the Jets Defense wasn't close to average last year.

LOOK!

I found a great picture of Shasta!!!

facepalm-pics-11.jpg

Is that what it's called? 

You selected a "better" word to describe how the members of JI giggle/gossip/talk/laugh about Klacko getting banned 6 years ago. I get it. For a minute things where hanging in the balance... I truly didn't think this thread could go on without further clarification and improvement upon that ever-so-relevant point. You saved it.

So, tell me more about he outrage you've observed. 

Wow

Define average.

Then why did you say talk?

I'm not sure you are in an optimal position to hurl the "how sad" style insult at anyone for their message board activity, given the role you've chosen for yourself.

Amazing the unifying power of this idiot. Without Shasta, we'd all go on hating each other. Kumbaya, mother****er

Amazing the unifying power of this idiot. Without Shasta, we'd all go on hating each other. Kumbaya, mother****er

I don't hate anyone here. It's a message board. My life is too dope to be hating on people that look like Mr. T and He-Man.

Define average.

Average points per game allowed = 23.4 PPG

Jets points per game allowed = 24.2 PPG (19th) - 3.4% more than average

Average yards per game allowed = 348.5 YPG

Jets yards per game allowed = 334.9 YPG (11th) - 3.9% less than average

Obviously wasn't close to average.

Average points per game allowed = 23.4 PPG

Jets points per game allowed = 24.2 PPG (19th) - 3.4% more than average

Average yards per game allowed = 348.5 YPG

Jets yards per game allowed = 334.9 YPG (11th) - 3.9% less than average

Obviously wasn't close to average.

OMG you outrage. I can taste it... it tastes like cinnamon butter. DELICIOUS!!! 

Oh nooo!!!!! this guy thinks my little baby Jets defense isn't good, "Grandma I just hate, I hate him, I hate him!!!!!" 

We're attempting to "Hide" our CB issue by building up the DL.  Dee Milliner was a top 10 pick and Kyle Wilson was a former 1st rounder who does quite well in the slot.  We also added a 1st round safety to help out.  I'd say there's plenty of talent on D for Rex.

Offense is of course still a work in progress, but at least we've improved at RB and the receiving corps.  Guard isn't quite as crucial as people make it out to be. 

Rex has to find a way to make it work (I think he can) and Geno has to take a big step.  That's all there is to it really.

i understand that the Jets are trying to hide their corners behind the fron seven.  But we know Wilson while being a number one pick, is not good at playing the outside hence the need to get patterson. Yes there is talent on D but I still believe the corner on the oppostite side of a rookie who had an up and down season to put it politiely is potentially a glaring weakness if the Jets cannot generate a pass rush.

With respect to guard play.  When the Jets went to back to back AFC championshpips and were the "ground and pound team"  they had very good guard play.  I think it has been the weakest position on the o-line since then.  I think it's value has been understimated and it is still a problem

Rex has to find a way to make it work, but we can agree to disagree as to whether the rebuild is at such a stage as there are no excuses left...

i understand that the Jets are trying to hide their corners behind the fron seven.  But we know Wilson while being a number one pick, is not good at playing the outside hence the need to get patterson. Yes there is talent on D but I still believe the corner on the oppostite side of a rookie who had an up and down season to put it politiely is potentially a glaring weakness if the Jets cannot generate a pass rush.

With respect to guard play.  When the Jets went to back to back AFC championshpips and were the "ground and pound team"  they had very good guard play.  I think it has been the weakest position on the o-line since then.  I think it's value has been understimated and it is still a problem

Rex has to find a way to make it work, but we can agree to disagree as to whether the rebuild is at such a stage as there are no excuses left...

Eh.  IMO the G play is overblown.  In 2009 they had an aged Faneca and in 2010, the best Jets team since at least '98, they started 2nd year 6th rounder Matt Slauson in every game.  The had the same Gs in 2011 and 2012.  You can blame some on the deterioration of Moore, but I doubt Slauson suddenly got worse.  

Eh.  IMO the G play is overblown.  In 2009 they had an aged Faneca and in 2010, the best Jets team since at least '98, they started rookie 6th rounder Matt Slauson in every game.  The had the same Gs in 2011 and 2012.  You can blame some on the deterioration of Moore, but I doubt Slauson suddenly got worse.  

I hear you about the guard play.  I would like to see Geno get the best protection possible.  I guess to me it matters who plays at that position.

This thread is glorious.

It's tremendous. absolutely stupendous! Under the leadership of legendary troll killer/anchor salesman Klecko. All I need is a glass of water and read this thread and it will act like a tranquilizer.

Reality is that this thread sucks

It's tremendous. absolutely stupendous! Under the leadership of legendary troll killer/anchor salesman Klecko. All I need is a glass of water and read this thread and it will act like a tranquilizer.

Reality is that this thread sucks

You have wonderfully added to that suckage with your patented dim witted observation

the thread thanks you

You have wonderfully added to that suckage with your patented dim witted observation

the thread thanks you

Reality : I guess if I cared I would have never replied and just ignored it. but here is reality again : I just dont care :)

Archived