Westhoff speaketh

Integrity28

sorry dude but this is nonsense. You're drinking the Sperm coolaid. Anytime Sanchez is mentioned in a larger context...the thread is about Sanchez. This one isn't, never was, but again, it has become a Sanchez thread. Let it go guys. He's gone. He can't hurt you anymore.

Can't he, though? Can't he?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's gonna be really weird the first time the Jets play a game against him. Because he is going to be around the league for a while.

I usually feel pretty neutral about guys who leave the Jets for another team. Sanchez is one big exception. I'll be yelling for a sack or interception on every play.

sorry dude but this is nonsense.  You're drinking the Sperm coolaid.  Anytime Sanchez is mentioned in a larger context...the thread is about Sanchez.  This one isn't, never was, but again, it has become a Sanchez thread.  Let it go guys.  He's gone.  He can't hurt you anymore.  

Um, you're the one who introduced Sanchez when you said he was ruined or became gun-shy because he faced a good defense in practice. 

Deflect that introduction upon me if it makes you feel better.

Drills are drills and practice against defenders is practice against defenders, and these guys run both without fear of anyone laying a fingertip on them.  Whether it's Geno or Sanchez or anyone, as it's been brought up they wear red jerseys and aren't going to get killed or harassed or beaten by anyone on the Jets and these QBs know it. That premise of yours is nonsensical, if not hilarious.

If Geno turns into nothing in this league, the last reason in the world will be because the Jets have a good defense that roughs him up in practice.  Where do you even get this stuff from?

Imagine if Geno was able to practice against a defense that wasn't out to kill everything on the other side of the LOS? If he actually was able to develop, to see things in real time, walk-through, to understand the offense he's running and the actual defenses he's likely to run against? That would be cool. Geno will get attacked, harassed, beaten and eventually become gun-shy ala Mark Sanchez. Because Defense is awesome and Rex has no interest in developing an offense. Just destroying offense. Hurray and high-five.

You should always try and teach a five year old basic math by starting with trigonometry, then fist-pumping every time the kid has a meltdown.

Um, you're the one who introduced Sanchez when you said he was ruined or became gun-shy because he faced a good defense in practice. 

Deflect that introduction upon me if it makes you feel better.

Drills are drills and practice against defenders is practice against defenders, and these guys run both without fear of anyone laying a fingertip on them.  Whether it's Geno or Sanchez or anyone, as it's been brought up they wear red jerseys and aren't going to get killed or harassed or beaten by anyone on the Jets and these QBs know it. That premise of yours is nonsensical, if not hilarious.

If Geno turns into nothing in this league, the last reason in the world will be because the Jets have a good defense that roughs him up in practice.  Where do you even get this stuff from?

Please show me where I said Sanchez was ruined by our defense.  Sanchez and Geno and McElroy and Simms all had the same results the past three seasons.  You're cherry picking statements and applying the "Sanchez filter" to everything.  This was about Rex and his lack of giving a crap about offensive football, and the resultant offensive suckage.  Geno had 12 TD's and 21 INT's last year.  That's holy sh*t bad.  Your hatred for Sanchez colors your opinions on everything else.  I get it.  It happens.  I was absolutely obsessed with all things Tannenbaum.  There is/was no Jets character more unsavory to me and I've been a fan since the '70s.  Free yourself.  Forgive Sanchez and live, Spermy.  Live.

Please show me where I said Sanchez was ruined by our defense.  Sanchez and Geno and McElroy and Simms all had the same results the past three seasons.  You're cherry picking statements and applying the "Sanchez filter" to everything.  This was about Rex and his lack of giving a crap about offensive football, and the resultant offensive suckage.  Geno had 12 TD's and 21 INT's last year.  That's holy sh*t bad.  Your hatred for Sanchez colors your opinions on everything else.  I get it.  It happens.  I was absolutely obsessed with all things Tannenbaum.  There is/was no Jets character more unsavory to me and I've been a fan since the '70s.  Free yourself.  Forgive Sanchez and live, Spermy.  Live.

"Geno will get attacked, harassed, beaten and eventually become gun-shy ala Mark Sanchez." And also that because of Ryan being a more defense-minded coach, Sanchez didn't get a shot at learning.

Both of these statements are ludicrous. They're your first 2 posts in this thread.

You brought it up, I didn't.

"Geno will get attacked, harassed, beaten and eventually become gun-shy ala Mark Sanchez." And also that because of Ryan being a more defense-minded coach, Sanchez didn't get a shot at learning.

Both of these statements are ludicrous. They're your first 2 posts in this thread.

You brought it up, I didn't.

ludicrous.  Cherry picked statements that were part of a much larger statement.  Geno will get mauled ala Mark Sanchez in no way means Sanchez was bad merely because of the defense or any other single reason.  This is important to you only because it fits the Sperm Edwards agenda and because it supports an argument that you support, not one that was made by me or my post.  The post was Geno-centric and moreso, Rex-centric.  And further, I posted that the defense was not responsible "for Mark Sanchez's suckage", a quote I know you were aware of because you referenced it in response to another poster.  And Ryan isn't a "more defense minded coach", he is a defensive coach only.  This is established.  And the point.  My point from the beginning.

ludicrous. Cherry picked statements that were part of a much larger statement. Geno will get mauled ala Mark Sanchez in no way means Sanchez was bad merely because of the defense or any other single reason. This is important to you only because it fits the Sperm Edwards agenda and because it supports an argument that you support, not one that was made by me or my post. The post was Geno-centric and moreso, Rex-centric. And further, I posted that the defense was not responsible "for Mark Sanchez's suckage", a quote I know you were aware of because you referenced it in response to another poster. And Ryan isn't a "more defense minded coach", he is a defensive coach only. This is established. And the point. My point from the beginning.

Can you stop talking about Sanchez for five seconds?

Can you stop talking about Sanchez for five seconds?

No.  I'm in love with Mark Sanchez.  Deeply and truly wholeheartedly in love.  he is the way and the reason.  Sanchez.  All Sanchez 'err day.  Also, I think there should be a Mark Sanchez day in which we hold parades wearing headbands and half-shirts.  We can fumble and giggle our way through the main streets of America during Mark Sanchez parades.  Mark is yummy, and y'all are just haters.  

ludicrous.  Cherry picked statements that were part of a much larger statement.  Geno will get mauled ala Mark Sanchez in no way means Sanchez was bad merely because of the defense or any other single reason.  This is important to you only because it fits the Sperm Edwards agenda and because it supports an argument that you support, not one that was made by me or my post.  The post was Geno-centric and moreso, Rex-centric.  And further, I posted that the defense was not responsible "for Mark Sanchez's suckage", a quote I know you were aware of because you referenced it in response to another poster.  And Ryan isn't a "more defense minded coach", he is a defensive coach only.  This is established.  And the point.  My point from the beginning.

You drew a comparison between the two as though they were both the same to start and if they receive a similar defense roughing them up - which is still hilarious that you think this - that they will end up as the same failure. My argument, in case you haven't been here that long, is that Sanchez was never going to be good. Smith may or may not be. If he isn't, the last thing in the world that will cause it is the big bad Rex Ryan defense beating him down physically in practices. I cannot believe there is anyone walking around who believes this no matter how high the dislike is for Ryan as HC. 

If the post was about Geno, then make it about Geno.  But drawing in Sanchez makes it about Ryan not Geno, and using Sanchez as "evidence" for this - where none exists - ignores Sanchez's deficiencies in his own right and passes those deficiencies onto another. So I'd say the agenda is yours. 

Then again, it's actually your opinion that in practices, on the field, our QBs - only under Ryan - get manhandled, killed, harassed, beaten, scarred by extreme wedgies, or whatever else you've imagined up. So one takes this into account when reading other conjured-up opinions as well. 

You drew a comparison between the two as though they were both the same to start and if they receive a similar defense roughing them up - which is still hilarious that you think this - that they will end up as the same failure. My argument, in case you haven't been here that long, is that Sanchez was never going to be good. Smith may or may not be. If he isn't, the last thing in the world that will cause it is the big bad Rex Ryan defense beating him down physically in practices. I cannot believe there is anyone walking around who believes this no matter how high the dislike is for Ryan as HC. 

If the post was about Geno, then make it about Geno.  But drawing in Sanchez makes it about Ryan not Geno, and using Sanchez as "evidence" for this - where none exists - ignores Sanchez's deficiencies in his own right and passes those deficiencies onto another. So I'd say the agenda is yours. 

Then again, it's actually your opinion that in practices, on the field, our QBs - only under Ryan - get manhandled, killed, harassed, beaten, scarred by extreme wedgies, or whatever else you've imagined up. So one takes this into account when reading other conjured-up opinions as well.

Ok. I'll clarify my earlier statements so there is less confusion and so we don't have any bad blood. Rex is defense centric to the extreme. This does nothing to promote an offensive mindset and may actually hinder the offensive side of the ball which has grown consistently worse and more devoid of talent each year he has been HC. we are now on our third OC in five years and our qbs...all of them, have done very poorly under Rex's tenure. It could be that they were all bad. It could be that. As for Sanchez he's not on this team. I could care less about him. He was mediocre to begin with and awful his last two seasons. He was never going to be the franchise guy we wanted when we picked him. Further on Sanchez just to clarify, he displayed terrible body language, dropped his head on the sidelines, was not in control of his huddle and never earned enough respect to be a leader. Wayne hunter and Matt slauson were morep respected for tossing Holmes out when he acted like a crybaby. So I am no Sanchez fan. I would like to see Rex be a leader by that same token. To take the reigns of the entire team and make it his own. As I stated earlier, it may fall on Idzik to be that guy and it seems to me he's making strides in that direction by addressing an offense that's been neglected for years. That's all. No offense intended to you.

Ok. I'll clarify my earlier statements so there is less confusion and so we don't have any bad blood. Rex is defense centric to the extreme. This does nothing to promote an offensive mindset and may actually hinder the offensive side of the ball which has grown consistently worse and more devoid of talent each year he has been HC. we are now on our third OC in five years and our qbs...all of them, have done very poorly under Rex's tenure. It could be that they were all bad. It could be that. As for Sanchez he's not on this team. I could care less about him. He was mediocre to begin with and awful his last two seasons. He was never going to be the franchise guy we wanted when we picked him. Further on Sanchez just to clarify, he displayed terrible body language, dropped his head on the sidelines, was not in control of his huddle and never earned enough respect to be a leader. Wayne hunter and Matt slauson were morep respected for tossing Holmes out when he acted like a crybaby. So I am no Sanchez fan. I would like to see Rex be a leader by that same token. To take the reigns of the entire team and make it his own. As I stated earlier, it may fall on Idzik to be that guy and it seems to me he's making strides in that direction by addressing an offense that's been neglected for years. That's all. No offense intended to you.

a) It's pretty hard to offend me, and I certainly don't get offended by anything football related.

B) I don't agree on the Ryan neglecting the offense angle for multiple reasons and examples. We've gone over it in many threads and it's boring already, but the constant repeating of it doesn't make it so. I do agree that his first calling is defense and he most likely spends more time concentrating on that while handing the offensive duties to his OCs. And here's the thing: I'm fine with that.

c) "Could be" that the QBs were all bad? The only possible QB the team had, prior to Geno (and now Vick), was Sanchez. And he was crap.  Again, it's boring to re-hash all the reasons I think this way. The rest of these QBs were QBs in position name alone. Is the 2nd-best QB Ryan's had, over the first 4 seasons, Kellen Clemens or Mark Brunell? It's one of those two. Who else has there been while the GM went all-in on Sanchez? That bust 3rd rounder we picked up on waivers, that Belichick initially drafted (and failed to develop)? The junkie with the famous uncle? The smart kid with no arm whatsoever? Tim Tebow? The cutie-pie from Penn State who'd already established himself as a major bust? Or the kid with the famous SB MVP daddy, with the supposed cannon for an arm but who doesn't throw the ball more than 3 yards in live action?

But I appreciate the gesture, and if I wasn't so pig-headed I could have done the same.

This was the year to go offense in round 1 out of the years Rex has been here. I think Pryor will be fine...but it does kind of suck we didnt come away with a WR in rounds 1-3.

I see what you mean, but from where we were picking I think that a hard hitting safety who sets the tone was a solid bet, as opposed to what was left of the wide receivers. 

Archived