Positives \ Negatives from the game?

Maxman

Passing on Revis, OK.. I get it. But there were so many good options out there! I can't imagine a stronger corner market coming around anytime soon. 

Milliner Island.. love it. But yeah, why throw at Dee when you can just lob it over Patterson. Thats probably how everyone saw it. 

but,but,but they weren't a good fit.didnt you hear? all the good free agents that idzik passed on either were not a good fit or overpaid. best to keep that $$ in woodys pocket

• Replies 178
  • Created
  • Last Reply

This team is going to have a very good D.   Given that, all the offense needs to do is take care of the ball, put a few drives together, and find a way to come up with 20 pts.    

as much as I hate to say it, I think Vick is the answer at QB.   Geno is never going to be elite.   Once you accept that, the right decision is to play the QB that gives the team the best chance to win.    Even at 34, Vick can move the chains.    Between dink and dunk and his scrambling ability a Vick led Jets team has 10 or 11 wins in it.    

as much as I hate Ron Mexico as a human being, he gives the team the best chance to win.  

last - i am going to cut Patterson some slack.   he's a little banged up and 2 weeks into camp his legs are probably a little shot.  

This team is going to have a very good D. Given that, all the offense needs to do is take care of the ball, put a few drives together, and find a way to come up with 20 pts.

as much as I hate to say it, I think Vick is the answer at QB. Geno is never going to be elite. Once you accept that, the right decision is to play the QB that gives the team the best chance to win. Even at 34, Vick can move the chains. Between dink and dunk and his scrambling ability a Vick led Jets team has 10 or 11 wins in it.

as much as I hate Ron Mexico as a human being, he gives the team the best chance to win.

last - i am going to cut Patterson some slack. he's a little banged up and 2 weeks into camp his legs are probably a little shot.

Yeah I don't think Patterson even practiced today because he's pretty banged up but still, falling on your ass on a curl route by the reciever on 3rd and long it's hard for me to not get on him. But you're probably right,cut him some slack and let's see how he progresses from here on out.

This team is going to have a very good D.   Given that, all the offense needs to do is take care of the ball, put a few drives together, and find a way to come up with 20 pts.    

as much as I hate to say it, I think Vick is the answer at QB.   Geno is never going to be elite.   Once you accept that, the right decision is to play the QB that gives the team the best chance to win.    Even at 34, Vick can move the chains.    Between dink and dunk and his scrambling ability a Vick led Jets team has 10 or 11 wins in it.    

last - i am going to cut Patterson some slack.   he's a little banged up and 2 weeks into camp his legs are probably a little shot.  

Thats the thing with Patterson..he is always banged up. He might be the greatest corner to ever live, but no one will know cause he is always hurt. In short, hurt Patterson = sucking patterson.

25 of them. And all the teams that have one went deep into the playoffs because they do have one.  

Julian Edelman, Golden Tate, Steve Smith, Dwayne Bowe, Marques Colston... These true #1s are among the best WRs in football. They all drew (and beat) consistent double-teams last year, and that's why their respective teams won so many games.

You want to compare the talent level on the Siants, Chiefs, Patriots or Seahawks offense to that of the Jets offense? Sure you can win without a true No 1 WR.... As long as you have a top 5 RB in the NFL or a future hall of fame QB. What a bad comparison that is.  

You want to compare the talent level on the Siants, Chiefs, Patriots or Seahawks offense to that of the Jets offense? Sure you can win without a true No 1 WR.... As long as you have a top 5 RB in the NFL or a future hall of fame QB. What a bad comparison that is.  

Neither Cam Newton nor DeAngelo Williams had HOF or top-5 caliber seasons. Plus I hear that Russell Wilson is nothing but a game manager rather than a great future HOF type. And I was only looking at this past season. But since you don't really watch much football, Brady won SBs before he was even elite present level (at that time), never mind HOF (elite all-time) level.

And spare me the OR a top 5 RB nonsense as though any one of these things is all that's required. What a silly thing to claim. A top 5 RB on his own isn't getting a team to the playoffs - let alone a SB - except in fantasy football. If that was the case the Vikings would have 5 rings already. The Chiefs had neither an elite QB nor a "true #1" WR. Charles is great but only a fool thinks he's the whole team (or the whole offense), even though he's by far the best player on that offense. They picked up a QB who played adequately plus the defense gave up a TD less per game than the year before, and that's the reason they won double-digit games. Not just because of Charles. They had him the year before - and he was awesome the year before - and they won 2 games all season long.

A "true #1 WR" - in the fantasy football sense as you mean it - is certainly nice, but it isn't remotely required to make the playoffs or even win a superbowl. Having a few good options is plenty, even if none of them are elite "true #1 WR" types. 

Christ, there are teams like Chicago with TWO "true #1 WR" types and they won the same number of games as the Jets who didn't even have one full season of a "true #2" WR (as you'd call one).  Ditto Atlanta, and their season was over after the first month. Same with the Giants.  Cleveland had a record-setting "true #1 WR" and a beast of a TE and they won half as many games as we did (including getting beat up by our weak 2013 Jets team).  And this is just from this past single season alone.

It's as though you do not watch football outside of video games and make-believe fantasy leagues.

And you still owe me a list of all the #3 RBs in the NFL who do so many things better than Powell. C'mon. Just give me a cool dozen or two to start, which should be easy. 

That is it dbatesman, walk towards us. Walk away from that light, it is Tom with a flashlight. You don't want to know what happens when you get to him.  Walk towards us.

You should bring back the private debate format just one time. T0mShane against one poster chosen by the people, and only those two can post in that thread (Like the BZ VS TX Debate) and have a poll attached to it.

Can you do that with this software?

Oh crap here I am consulting iwith you about deas on the site again. it must be old timers day or something.

You should bring back the private debate format just one time. T0mShane against one poster chosen by the people, and only those two can post in that thread (Like the BZ VS TX Debate) and have a poll attached to it.

Oh crap here I am consulting iwith you about deas on the site again. it must be old timers day or something.

We could try, but I don't think anyone actually wants to talk to T0m.

This would be the essence of that "debate":

Me-- So, here's the record...

Sperm/slats-- listing of largely irrelevant statistics in an attempt to prove that the Jets could, in no way, have won a single game more than they did.

Me-- Yeah, so here's the record...

Sperm/slats-- Even less relevant statistic comparing Mark Sanchez to Akili Smith.

Me-- :lays head on desk, falls asleep, dreams of a time when explaining the exhaustive failings of a Jets coach is no longer the primary topic surrounding the Jets.

Sperm/slats-- Attempted slap at Parcells

Me-- :waking up, sipping coffee and popping two DayQuil:

Sperm/slats-- Attempt to diminish every Super Bowl winning coach ever, then loosely ties Rex's copious failings to the proposed failings of those coaches.

Me-- :opens tab for RedTube; clicks <Categories>; clicks <Milf>; clicks <Filter> <Highest Rated>

Sperm/slats-- Attempt to suggest that quarterbacks are products of divinity and not design

Me-- Orders sweet and sour chicken combo from that Chinese place down the street.

Sperm/slats-- Another Parcells salvo

Me-- So, here's the record again...

Sperm/slats-- listing of largely irrelevant statistics in an attempt to prove that the Jets could, in no way, have won a single game more than they did.

Sperm/slats-- Even less relevant statistic comparing Mark Sanchez to Akili Smith.

Me-- :lays head on desk, falls asleep, dreams of a time when explaining the exhaustive failings of a Jets coach is no longer the primary topic surrounding the Jets.

Sperm/slats-- Attempt to diminish every Super Bowl winning coach ever, then loosely ties Rex's copious failings to the proposed failings of those coaches.

Me-- :opens tab for RedTube; clicks <Categories>; clicks <Milf>; clicks <Filter> <Highest Rated>

Sperm/slats-- Attempt to suggest that quarterbacks are products of divinity and not design

Me-- Orders sweet and sour chicken combo from that Chinese place down the street.

This is accurate in that it's loaded with inaccuracies. Particularly the milf channel. Everyone knows you're a shemale kinda guy.

Lol

Neither Cam Newton nor DeAngelo Williams had HOF or top-5 caliber seasons. Plus I hear that Russell Wilson is nothing but a game manager rather than a great future HOF type. And I was only looking at this past season. But since you don't really watch much football, Brady won SBs before he was even elite present level (at that time), never mind HOF (elite all-time) level.

And spare me the OR a top 5 RB nonsense as though any one of these things is all that's required. What a silly thing to claim. A top 5 RB on his own isn't getting a team to the playoffs - let alone a SB - except in fantasy football. If that was the case the Vikings would have 5 rings already. The Chiefs had neither an elite QB nor a "true #1" WR. Charles is great but only a fool thinks he's the whole team (or the whole offense), even though he's by far the best player on that offense. They picked up a QB who played adequately plus the defense gave up a TD less per game than the year before, and that's the reason they won double-digit games. Not just because of Charles. They had him the year before - and he was awesome the year before - and they won 2 games all season long.

A "true #1 WR" - in the fantasy football sense as you mean it - is certainly nice, but it isn't remotely required to make the playoffs or even win a superbowl. Having a few good options is plenty, even if none of them are elite "true #1 WR" types.

Christ, there are teams like Chicago with TWO "true #1 WR" types and they won the same number of games as the Jets who didn't even have one full season of a "true #2" WR (as you'd call one). Ditto Atlanta, and their season was over after the first month. Same with the Giants. Cleveland had a record-setting "true #1 WR" and a beast of a TE and they won half as many games as we did (including getting beat up by our weak 2013 Jets team). And this is just from this past single season alone.

It's as though you do not watch football outside of video games and make-believe fantasy leagues.

And you still owe me a list of all the #3 RBs in the NFL who do so many things better than Powell. C'mon. Just give me a cool dozen or two to start, which should be easy.

Are you, with a straight face going to tell me that the Jets have comparable offensive talent levels with teams like the saints, Seahawks or chiefs? If you really believe that you're more deluded than Idzik is.

LOL - I don't think we have that ability anymore. That is a feature I would like to bring back though, I will look into it. That was a lot of fun back in the day.

Archived