Very impressed with Geno

DRJETS

I was very surprise to see the Colts' first team defense blitzing on every down in a preseason game.  But I was more surprise with how well Geno handled the blitzes coming at him.  Last night he had a great pocket awareness and perfect timing when to get rid of the ball, especially with a shaky OL.   

Your kidding -right? He has improved from sat year's deer in the headlights but impressed??? Vick looked like an old pro in the pocket -calm confident and did what he had to do.

Vick did nothing anf against the backups. What game did you see?

Geno played well, and if Nelson didn't screw up Geno's pass to Decker with the false start his night would've been even better and the drive would've continued. Nice to see him use his legs on the read option and gain a nice chunk of yardage. Vick only had 17 yards passing yesterday against the 2nd team defense.

VINTAGE VICK

We got ourselves some qb controversy on our hands. Even though vick did nothing against the second stringers and actually handled the pressure worse than Geno. On the three passes he completed and 1 run he had he looked really cool out there.

Geno played well, and if Nelson didn't screw up Geno's pass to Decker with the false start his night would've been even better and the drive would've continued. Nice to see him use his legs on the read option and gain a nice chunk of yardage. Vick only had 17 yards passing yesterday against the 2nd team defense.

I agree. There is a narrative out there which is really pining for Vick or at the bare minimum trying to create a story here.  There were articles today about Vick providing the only highlight for the Jets all night with his 17 yrd scramble.  It was cool and all but let's be real. It was a scramble for a first. That's all it was. 

While he was fine, Vick did little else in the way of creating a tough decision here. 

im seeing a lot of people who are ready to throw geno away and put vick in. I do think vick is a better quarterback, the problem is the last time vick played a full season was his rookie season. vick is not a durable solution if we take geno out put vick in and get 4 games out of vick before he gets hurt then guess what. we get stuck playing geno smith anyway for the remainder of the season and we kill all of his confidence to boot. geno has shown some improvement and hopefully it wasn't just a lucky game for him but only time will tell that. as for geno being a quality starting qb I think he will be. I don't think he is an elite qb but I think he will be good enough to get the jets wins. as a team built on defense we don't need an elite qb to win a game. honestly the controversy if any should be around the offensive line. a good offensive line can make an average qb look elite and right now our offensive line seems to be one of our weakpoints.

Archived