Dear Greengal,

JetNation

~Our love and relationship expert, Greengal, can help you with any football or non-football related problems. If you have a question for Greengal, you may not contact her directly because, quite frankly, she's far too busy being fabulous to talk to you. Instead, send your questions to TomShane@JetNation.com. He likes you, and wants to come [...]

Read more...

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Dear Greengal: What is the air-speed velocity of an unladen swallow?

Although 47 of the 74 worldwide swallow species are found in Africa,1 only two species are named after the continent: the West African Swallow (Hirundo domicella) and the South African Swallow (Hirundo spilodera), also known as the South African Cave Swallow.

Since the range of the South African Swallow extends only as far north as Zaire,2 I felt fairly confident that this was the non-migratory African species referred to in previous discussions of the comparative and cooperative weight-bearing capabilities of African and European swallows.3

Kinematic data for both African species was difficult to find, but the Barn or European Swallow (Hirundo rustica) has been studied intensively, and kinematic data for that species was readily available.

It

Although 47 of the 74 worldwide swallow species are found in Africa,1 only two species are named after the continent: the West African Swallow (Hirundo domicella) and the South African Swallow (Hirundo spilodera), also known as the South African Cave Swallow.

Since the range of the South African Swallow extends only as far north as Zaire,2 I felt fairly confident that this was the non-migratory African species referred to in previous discussions of the comparative and cooperative weight-bearing capabilities of African and European swallows.3

Kinematic data for both African species was difficult to find, but the Barn or European Swallow (Hirundo rustica) has been studied intensively, and kinematic data for that species was readily available.

It

Dear Greengal:

I run a message board and a sports related website. A certain user keeps PMing me saying that she is not getting enough attention. Her love column needs more exposure.

I try to reassure her that we care but it is not working. I fear her validation attempts are getting worse. She seems to be fishing for compliments.

I really don't know what else I can do, so I turn to you for advice.

Signed,

Webmaster In NJ

Dear Greengal:

I run a message board and a sports related website. A certain user keeps PMing me saying that she is not getting enough attention. Her love column needs more exposure.

I try to reassure her that we care but it is not working. I fear her validation attempts are getting worse. She seems to be fishing for compliments.

I really don't know what else I can do, so I turn to you for advice.

Signed,

Webmaster In NJ

that bren again..:lol: i didn't really think of hers as a love column but whatever ... :lol: hey max please stop pm'ing me your whining questions about TS .. i have told you ... he has broken up with you and you are going to HAVE to move on... oy! ;)

You mean, you actually bothered to read that drivel? :lol:

But of course....Greengal is a star in the making!!!! Sadly, I actually understood it...maybe it's gonna be me huddled in the corner eating grey spaghetti with a pair of tweezers...but at least I will be fortified with the book-learnin' of Ms. GG ringing in my ears...well, at least it will drown out that blink! blink! I keep hearing in my head all day and all of the night...!

OY!

Short version: Yeah, I read it....it was, how you say? Funny!

Dear GreenGal....

Why does is take 3 punches to the face & 1 to the Kidneys to make my wife behave?

Has she grown a tolerance for hay makers? It use to take 1 shot and she was out,now i damn near break my hands just trying to get to watch sporttscenter.

Domestically kicking ass in NY York.

GG - Perhaps you could indulge us with a modest dissertation on the effects of thermal degradation to the Polyethylene Terephthalate polymer? With emphasis on the generation of acetaldehyde. Only if you have the time. TIA

NJ

GG - Perhaps you could indulge us with a modest dissertation on the effects of thermal degradation to the Polyethylene Terephthalate polymer? With emphasis on the generation of acetaldehyde. Only if you have the time. TIA

NJ

well first we need to discus what the Polyethylene Terephthalate polymer is

This polymer can be transparent, when in its amorphous state; or translucent when in its semi-crystalline state. With excellent barrier (CO2 permeation) and mechanical properties PET is becoming the polymer of choice for food and beverage packaging applications, even replacing traditional materials such as metals or glass. Furthermore, polyester and modified polyesters are found in applications such as fibers, automotive parts, architectural glazing and window films.

i think i am a bit sleepy to go into it in much detail...maybe tomorrow :lol:

oh my ... i think i will give that woman a gift certificate for self defense / boxing lessons...looks like you are the one who needs to be smacked around. :roll:

pm me or TS any further questions ;)

Lol...my wife just went for her 1Hr massage and foot rub and manicure i bought for her at the Spa...i watched both boys by myself from 4:30- 10:14...i also paid for her and her sister to go to her favorite restaurant without me or the boys.

I'm a good hubby and id never hit my wife,just having some fun :D

well first we need to discus what the Polyethylene Terephthalate polymer is

This polymer can be transparent, when in its amorphous state; or translucent when in its semi-crystalline state. With excellent barrier (CO2 permeation) and mechanical properties PET is becoming the polymer of choice for food and beverage packaging applications, even replacing traditional materials such as metals or glass. Furthermore, polyester and modified polyesters are found in applications such as fibers, automotive parts, architectural glazing and window films.

i think i am a bit sleepy to go into it in much detail...maybe tomorrow :lol:

Damn..... Da girl iz good!

Lol...my wife just went for her 1Hr massage and foot rub and manicure i bought for her at the Spa...i watched both boys by myself from 4:30- 10:14...i also paid for her and her sister to go to her favorite restaurant without me or the boys.

I'm a good hubby and id never hit my wife,just having some fun :D

ahhhhh...much better ;) i didn't think you did... i can dish it out just as good..i was having fun also ;)

Dear Greengal, how does one make proper use of the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch?

excellent question PDM. I took my answer from the Book of Armaments, Chapter 4, Verses 16 to 20

Then did he raise on high the Holy Hand Grenade of Antioch, saying, "Bless this, O Lord, that with it thou mayst blow thine enemies to tiny bits, in thy mercy." And the people did rejoice and did feast upon the lambs and toads and tree-sloths and fruit-bats and orangutans and breakfast cereals ... Now did the Lord say, "First thou pullest the Holy Pin. Then thou must count to three. Three shall be the number of the counting and the number of the counting shall be three. Four shalt thou not count, neither shalt thou count two, excepting that thou then proceedeth to three. Five is right out. Once the number three, being the number of the counting, be reached, then lobbest thou the Holy Hand Grenade in the direction of thine foe, who, being naughty in my sight, shall snuff it."

Archived