Jets reach out to Asante Samuel

Gastineau Lives

Revis agent: "Darrell, I know you want to go to the Patriots, but they aren't going to want to pay you like you want. I'm going to put in a call to the Jets to make it look like you want a reunion with Rex, and that should get Bill to pull the trigger."

Revis: "Okay. Get me my money."

Media reports don't mean sh*t. Revis dedicated an entire year+ to taking a dump on the Jets every chance he could. I think anyone that believes that he sincerely wanted to run right back to us is a chump.

You are an enigma, all I hear from Jets fans is that all Revis cares about is getting the most money. Here you're talking out both sides of your neck, on one hand your saying he was dead set on going to New England, and he was using the Jets to get the cash up, on the other side, you're saying all he cares about is getting the most money.  So which is it, because the last time I checked the Jets had nearly three times the cap space the Pats do. So you're saying the Jets couldn't have topped the 12 million the Pats gave him? Or you're saying if they did he would have still taken less to sign with the Pats? You can't have it both ways, and the bottom line is even if it wasn't Revis, there were plenty of other quality CB's available that the Jets flat out failed to get.

• Replies 190
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You are an enigma, all I hear from Jets fans is that all Revis cares about is getting the most money. Here you're talking out both sides of your neck, on one hand your saying he was dead set on going to New England, and he was using the Jets to get the cash up, on the other side, you're saying all he cares about is getting the most money.  So which is it, because the last time I checked the Jets had nearly three times the cap space the Pats do. So you're saying the Jets couldn't have topped the 12 million the Pats gave him? Or you're saying if they did he would have still taken less to sign with the Pats? You can't have it both ways, and the bottom line is even if it wasn't Revis, there were plenty of other quality CB's available that the Jets flat out failed to get.

Wow, you are a special kind of stupid, eh?

He used the Jets to get the money he wanted from the team he wanted to play for. These things are not mutually exclusive, there's no sort of double-talk or contradiction in what I'm saying. It's called being an opportunist. 

As for the bottom line, I never said there weren't lots of other options. I'm speaking exclusively about Revis.

So not interested in hearing about what you're hearing from "Jets fans." We have plenty of Jet fans here that we can actually hear from. I recognize that this is your way of creating a straw man to argue with, but try to come up with something else, instead.

Or, what would be better is that you could just go and argue with your imaginary Jet fan friends somewhere else.

The worse your roster is, the less you spend on it. The better your roster is, the MORE you spend. Sheesh, what's so hard to understand?

And never, ever go above 20 mil under the cap unless you have a franchise QB.

I agree with you and pointman on this totally, the " nothing matters until we get a franchise QB " crowd is getting tiring

Wow, you are a special kind of stupid, eh?

He used the Jets to get the money he wanted from the team he wanted to play for. These things are not mutually exclusive, there's no sort of double-talk or contradiction in what I'm saying. It's called being an opportunist. 

As for the bottom line, I never said there weren't lots of other options. I'm speaking exclusively about Revis.

No son, I think the short bus is in both your past and future. The contradiction is simple, you believe Revis is all about the money, yet the Jets could have offered more money than the pats but you still believe he would have signed with the Pats. On second thought Son, you should be driving the short bus. :rl:

So not interested in hearing about what you're hearing from "Jets fans." We have plenty of Jet fans here that we can actually hear from. I recognize that this is your way of creating a straw man to argue with, but try to come up with something else, instead.

Or, what would be better is that you could just go and argue with your imaginary Jet fan friends somewhere else.

Then here's a helpful hint for you,,,,,,,don't respond to someone you aren't interested in hearing from.

No son, I think the short bus is in both your past and future. The contradiction is simple, you believe Revis is all about the money, yet the Jets could have offered more money than the pats but you still believe he would have signed with the Pats. On second thought Son, you should be driving the short bus. :rl:

Yeah, this literally makes no sense. I've already proven you wrong. If you want to continue to prove yourself stupid, then by all means... 

Then here's a helpful hint for you,,,,,,,don't respond to someone you aren't interested in hearing from.

Here's a helpful hint for you.... Be less of a boring prick, and discuss the topic at hand with the people here - not your straw man buddies. So far, you've brought zero value to the site.

Yeah, this literally makes no sense. I've already proven you wrong. If you want to continue to prove yourself stupid, then by all means... 

It actually does make sense, you just can't wrap your head around it. The bottom line is the Jets had the resources to improve their situation at CB Revis or not. They decided to instead to sit on 20 plus mil while asking their fans to shell out top dollar to watch what will be one or the worst pass defenses in the league this year. That will play very poorly as the season unfolds.

Here's a helpful hint for you.... Be less of a boring prick, and discuss the topic at hand with the people here - not your straw man buddies. So far, you've brought zero value to the site.

I don't  care about you or about your one sided pom pom waving views, so once again if you're so uninterested in my posts, you have a very simple choice, don't read or respond to them.

I don't  care about you or about your one sided pom pom waving views, so once again if you're so uninterested in my posts, you have a very simple choice, don't read or respond to them.

Those aren't my only choices.

It actually does make sense, you just can't wrap your head around it. The bottom line is the Jets had the resources to improve their situation at CB Revis or not. They decided to instead to sit on 20 plus mil while asking their fans to shell out top dollar to watch what will be one or the worst pass defenses in the league this year. That will play very poorly as the season unfolds.

As I previously stated, I am not contesting this. There is literally NOBODY here contesting the fact that the Jets had a lot of cap space or that there were ample veteran FA corners they could have signed. My commentary was only about whether Revis really wanted to return here. 

I'm not sure why you think you've got me on the ropes with this, but I promise you you have zero chance of aggravating me. I'll sit here all day make a mockery of you.

So let me get this straight, your disagreeing with the guy that Revis wouldn't have wanted to come here if we offered more money then the Pats? Get out of here, the homerism here is ridiculous, Revis is a mercenary who plays for the highest bidder, if the Jets offered him more then 12 mil he'd be here.

So let me get this straight, your disagreeing with the guy that Revis wouldn't have wanted to come here if we offered more money then the Pats? Get out of here, the homerism here is ridiculous, Revis is a mercenary who plays for the highest bidder, if the Jets offered him more then 12 mil he'd be here.

Continue working on getting it straight, because you're not even close.

As I previously stated, I am not contesting this. There is literally NOBODY here contesting the fact that the Jets had a lot of cap space or that there were ample veteran FA corners they could have signed. My commentary was only about whether Revis really wanted to return here. 

I'm not sure why you think you've got me on the ropes with this, but I promise you you have zero chance of aggravating me. I'll sit here all day make a mockery of you.

Revis would've returned here if we offered him more then the Pats, it's as simple as that.

The NFL is a business Woody Johnson made it personal when he wouldn't allow Idzik and Rex to reach out and sign Revis.

Woody Johnson is a piss poor owner who only cares about himself selling tickets and media hype when its his way.

We had the opportunity to bring back the best CB in the NFL instead our arch division rival signed him.

Revis would've returned here if we offered him more then the Pats, it's as simple as that.

Except what happened was the Jets were used to force the Pats hand. Had the Jets responded with an offer, I can assure you Revis camp would have given the Pats every chance to beat it. Even by $1. 

A lot of you seem to forget how scorned Revis was about being traded by us. He spent that whole year in Tampa acting like a betrayed bitch.

That discussion had nothing to do with my posts in this thread, so you're wrong.

You called him out for a straw men argument, when it is perfectly valid to point out how Revis plays for the highest bidder based on past statements and actions. Literally their is no evidence out their that points to Revis not willing to play for the Jets.

The NFL is a business Woody Johnson made it personal when he wouldn't allow Idzik and Rex to reach out and sign Revis.

Woody Johnson is a piss poor owner who only cares about himself selling tickets and media hype when its his way.

We had the opportunity to bring back the best CB in the NFL instead our arch division rival signed him.

Signing Revis would have sold tickets. If he only cares about selling tickets, they why would he choose to "make it personal". Your own post contains multiple counter-arguments to prove you wrong.

You called him out for a straw men argument, when it is perfectly valid to point out how Revis plays for the highest bidder based on past statements and actions. Literally their is no evidence out their that points to Revis not willing to play for the Jets.

I'm losing respect for you with every post. Pease continue.

Literally.

Except what happened was the Jets were used to force the Pats hand. Had the Jets responded with an offer, I can assure you Revis camp would have given the Pats every chance to beat it. Even by $1. 

A lot of you seem to forget how scorned Revis was about being traded by us. He spent that whole year in Tampa acting like a betrayed bitch.

And he would've came back to the Jets and tried to get us to one up them. Revis tried to set up a bidding war and it didn't happen. Nonetheless if we wanted Revis we could've gotten him. Revis has been known to be in the game for the money, he isn't going to take less money to play for any team.

Signing Revis would have sold tickets. If he only cares about selling tickets, they why would he choose to "make it personal". Your own post contains multiple counter-arguments to prove you wrong.

Woody Johnson made it personal bottom line or Revis would be a Jet.

And he would've came back to the Jets and tried to get us to one up them. Revis tried to set up a bidding war and it didn't happen. Nonetheless if we wanted Revis we could've gotten him. Revis has been known to be in the game for the money, he isn't going to take less money to play for any team.

Revis has stated that he wants to win a championship. He stated this before signing with the Patriots, but after the Jets traded him. 

There is literally no evidence to support the bold either. 

Mind showing me an example of how Revis doesn't play for the highest bidder?

Mind showing me where I said otherwise?

I said it already in this thread, the role of the call to the Jets was so that Revis could play for the team he wanted at the salary he wanted. We were only supposed to be involved in order to drive up the cost.

Edit: I'll clarify further for you... Revis wanted to get as much as possible from the team he always intended to sign with, our rivals, the Patriots. A quick call to the Jets, circulated through the league lights a fire under the Patriots. It puts the pressure on them to pay up. 

Revis and his agent are brilliant at playing parties against each other. 

Revis has stated that he wants to win a championship. He stated this before signing with the Patriots, but after the Jets traded him. 

There is literally no evidence to support the bold either. 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/myers-darrelle-revis-admits-wanted-ny-jets-reunion-article-1.1880245

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/11/04/revis-tells-fan-on-twitter-hed-rather-be-rich-and-winless/

You were saying?

Mind showing me where I said otherwise?

I said it already in this thread, the role of the call to the Jets was so that Revis could play for the team he wanted at the salary he wanted. We were only supposed to be involved in order to drive up the cost.

Revis wants to play for the team who pays him the most. He's not going to take less money to play for a team, seriously where the hell do you get this nonsense? If the Jets outbid the Patriots, something they could do with their cap space, they would've had Revis.

Archived