Double A playing CB 2 int's today

F.Chowds

Antonio Allen with his second INT today. Was running step for step down the sideline with Stephen Hill. Excellent coverage. #nyj

Football player (secret position)Antonio Allen with 2nd pick of practice. This one off Vick #nyj

A player who rhymes with Shmantonio Shmallen might be playing a position that rhymes with shmornerback today. But I can't be specific.

Antonio Allen, covering Hill, picks Vick on underthrown deep ball. Big day for Allen. #nyj

Double A has two picks. Vick throws a long one up the left sideline and Antonio Allen wins the battle with the WR.

Gotta give props to Allen too. He was kind of a hybrid safety/linebacker in college, was cut by us, and is fighting to stay on the team. Rooting for him to work out.

Yes he was.  Runs a 4.58 40 yard dash.  You like your corners a little faster, but there are corners playing in the NFL with that time.

I wondered if they might dip into the safety depth and play someone out of position. Hell, if they can do it with Joe McKnight, then a safety would be a much easier task.

Cheers to Allen. Dude just wants to be on this team.

I wondered if they might dip into the safety depth and play someone out of position. Hell, if they can do it with Joe McKnight, then a safety would be a much easier task.

Cheers to Allen. Dude just wants to be on this team.

Could Allen moving to corner be a signal we're going to play a lot more zone?  It would be hard to expect Allen to play the kind of man coverage Rex has come to expect out of his other CB's.

Could Allen moving to corner be a signal we're going to play a lot more zone?  It would be hard to expect Allen to play the kind of man coverage Rex has come to expect out of his other CB's.

I wouldn't be the person to ask, but it's a good question.

Antonio Allen with his second INT today. Was running step for step down the sideline with Stephen Hill. Excellent coverage. #nyj

Good for Allen, but I'm afraid this is more an indictment against Hill until I see otherwise. A guy with Allen's timed speed running step for step with a receiver the Jets took specifically because of his speed. Disheartening. 

Good for Allen, but I'm afraid this is more an indictment against Hill until I see otherwise. A guy with Allen's timed speed running step for step with a receiver the Jets took specifically because of his speed. Disheartening.

I read that it was under thrown. I'm sure Hill was slowing down.

Good for Allen, but I'm afraid this is more an indictment against Hill until I see otherwise. A guy with Allen's timed speed running step for step with a receiver the Jets took specifically because of his speed. Disheartening. 

If the ball landed where they were then that insinuates the QB kinda regulated the speed of the route. I'm sure Hill could have run faster but how silly would he look if he was running really fast and the ball landed 10 yes behind him?   That's actually a funny thought to me.  I will LOL Now. 

Good for Allen, but I'm afraid this is more an indictment against Hill until I see otherwise. A guy with Allen's timed speed running step for step with a receiver the Jets took specifically because of his speed. Disheartening.

Time to come to grips with Stephen Hill not being very good.

Considering that Hill has been ritually barbecuing Dee Milliner all summer, the fact that Allen was even close enough to make a play on the ball is a good sign regardless.

I have to see the play before i start beating down on a player. There is possibility he slowed down because the ball was underthrown.

Or maybe, just maybe, Allen made a play?

I know, I know. That couldn't have happened. Someone has to suck.

I actually like this idea.  They can do more match up type stuff with undersized guys like Lankster and the bigger Allen.  My understanding is that the role Allen played in college involved a ton of press man on TEs.  Obviously those guys were not as physically gifted as NFL WR, but ...

FWIW, I thought Allen ran in the mid 4.6s at the combine.  If he really ran a 4.58, he'd be fine at corner seeing how Sherman only ran a 4.56 

I actually like this idea.  They can do more match up type stuff with undersized guys like Lankster and the bigger Allen.  My understanding is that the role Allen played in college involved a ton of press man on TEs.  Obviously those guys were not as physically gifted as NFL WR, but ...

FWIW, I thought Allen ran in the mid 4.6s at the combine.  If he really ran a 4.58, he'd be fine at corner seeing how Sherman only ran a 4.56 

You're right, Allen ran mid 4.6's at the combine and improved to high 4.5's at his pro day. Looks like the actual numbers were 4.67 at the combine and 4.59 at his pro day.

Great throw by Vick there.  Can't believe it was picked.

Yeah, the blame Hill was receiving seems a smidgen off base no? I thought Hill was supposed to be fast.   Why didn't his speed  change the outcome of the play?

Archived