Can Anyone Recommend a Good Concert DVD?

Bombdirt

So a couple of weeks ago I caught a Guns N' Roses concert on TV. It was one of their recent ones from Vegas and kind of left me feeling sad if I can be totally honest (but that's a story for another thread entirely).

Anyway, since then I've been checking out a lot of live shows on DVDs and a few on YouTube here and there. I know there are a lot of knowledgeable music fans on this board and I'm looking for suggestions as to good concert DVDs I can look into. My wheelhouse is rock/metal/punk music from around '85 or so up to 2005-ish. I like a lot of different things, though, and I'm interested in bands and genres outside of that era as well. Any suggestions are appreciated.

The Last Waltz and Stop Making Sense are the gold standards. A few personal favorites, however:

NIN's And All That Could Have Been.

LCD Soundsystem - Shut Up and Play the Hits

Prince - Sign O' the Times

Dave Chappelle's Block Party

Bob Dylan - Don't Look Back

Beastie Boys - Awesome, I ******* Shot That.

The Last Waltz and Stop Making Sense are the gold standards. A few personal favorites, however:

Prince is one of the most underrated guitarists ever. That's a good idea. Will check out the rest of those as well.

Prince is one of the most underrated guitarists ever. That's a good idea. Will check out the rest of those as well.

If you like Oasis, there's video of a killer set they played on their first U.S. tour at Chicago's Metro floating around online. It's a bootleg but the sound is quite good and it's when Liam still gave a sh*t about the Definitely Maybe tracks.

If you like Oasis, there's video of a killer set they played on their first U.S. tour at Chicago's Metro floating around online. It's a bootleg but the sound is quite good and it's when Liam still gave a sh*t about the Definitely Maybe tracks.

I do like Oasis. "Talk Tonight" was one of the first songs I learned on guitar, and I usually end up strumming out "Don't Go Away" and "Wonderwall" every time I pick one up. Will check that out.

I just saw Pink Floyd the movie. Which made me play PULSE Live at Earl's Court DVD.

I'm starting to like Pink Floyd a little more as I get older. "Comfortably Numb" and "Wish You Were Here" are great songs.

There's an Iron Maiden one Live from Rio about 10 years old or so which is very entertaining.

Maiden's great. I think I've heard of that one. Will look into it.

Bad ass.  Pretty much all you need.

The Clash on Broadway is pretty awesome too.

Archived